The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Dumping dogs on side of road!

Default Dumping dogs on side of road!

We live on a country road that is a popullar place to drop off dogs.
    Always have strayes.
    Going home tonight I past 2 folks on side of road with a cage and dog running scared. It kinda ticked me so I I turned around to talk to them.
    They were actually trying to catch the dog. Some one had left it on the side of the road with a cage.
    Wife drives up and thinks Im acting stupid, then realizes whats up and coralls the dog in cage.
    I guess the economy has gotten that bad, That people have to leave a dog in a cage on the side of the road

I know what you mean. I live out in the woods too, and people just drop them out. Except our problem has been going on as far back as I can remember. It's sad.

Its not the economy,some people are sacks of crap. I lived in the middle of no where most of my life,people have always dumped dogs on our road.Cats to.

Same thing has been happening here all my life BUT no one has ever left a cage. Around here they just take Fido to "live in the country".

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Some don't leave just one dog. We woke up one morning to a grown male, mama dog and 6 pups on a blanket at the head of our drive. The also put a sack of food and a bowl of water out. There is a no kill shelter in Hattiesburg (50 miles away) that takes in animals for a small donation and that is where I take the strays left in our road. Some people are just 'no darn good'.

Did break some deer hunters from running their dogs thru our property. I have stoon on my porch and watched them spread opur barbed wire fence to allow the dogs to chase deer.

Their 5 dogs had an exhausted wounded deer circled in our channel pond. Four of the dogs had e collars on. We loaded them in the van and dared the hunters to come on our land. We called the game wardens and they came too. We told the hunters that this was a kennel and we also boarded dogs for a fee and that is where their dogs were now and it would cost them $20.00 a day per dog to get them back. They finally came up with the money when the Game Wardens found out they had no permits to hunt on the grounds they were using and had shot the deer from the road. No one has put a deer dog on our property since. Don't get mad, get even.
    A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Off topic Cleo, but you posted a recipe for sweet potato casserole several years ago that I managed to hold on to. I made it a couple of weeks ago, and ended up eating the leftovers cold with ice cream.

THE

BEST

RECIPE

EVAH

Quote Originally Posted by copenhawgen View Post
    Off topic Cleo, but you posted a recipe for sweet potato casserole several years ago that I managed to hold on to. I made it a couple of weeks ago, and ended up eating the leftovers cold with ice cream.

THE

BEST

RECIPE

EVAH
    Talk about being off topic