RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Blackhawks Keep On Rolling! GDG

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Darin Westphal 
#1 ·
The Hawks keep finding ways to win. Next up is a game against Colorado in Denver on Friday night. This will be a re-match of last nights. This streak is amazing when you consider how easy it would have been to get one bad bounce during this streak.
Go Hawks!

#5 ·
I remember going to games at the old Met Center when the North Stars were still in Minnesota and listening to the crowd chanting..."Secord sucks...." Good times.....

But they're on a roll right now no doubt. The team is as talented offensively as any in the NHL and what's scarey is their age. Kane, Toews have a lot of years ahead of them barring injury. And Hossa...he continually amazes me with not just his ability to score, but his willingness to back check and help out on D. The steaks going to end....law of averages will eventually win out, but at this pace, if my Wild make the playoffs...I sure hope they can avoid the Hawks in the first round!

#6 ·
I have been a Hawks fan from the days of Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Tony Esposito. They look so deep and talented. I think Keith and Seabrook are two of the best defenseman out there right now. I live near Philly and go see them when they come to town. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

#8 ·
I grew up north of Chicago. One of my friend's dads work at the old Chicago Stadium. When we moved he was able to get me a Bobby Hull stick as a going away present and it was autographed by the whole 1971 team. That stick would look great on my wall right now but unfortunately I used it to play street hockey and broke it. After I broke it I threw the stick away. I thought my dad was going to kill me. Loved the Hulls, Magnuson and Espo and I loved the games against the North Stars.

#7 ·
Hossa....second biggest mistake of then Ottawa GM Muckler...trading Hossa for Heatly. 1st was losing Chara to keep Redden.
Back to Hossa.....he was fantastic in a Sens uniform and I still cheer for him today.
Kane, Toews, Keith and Seabrook , the list goes on in Chicago.

Emery looks like he has matured from his Ottawa days as well. He was a very good goalie, bringing us to the Cup finals in '07, it was just his level of maturity that got in his way sometimes. But what can you expect when in pro sports we throw millions of dollars at teens and early 20 somethings. Some can handel it, some can't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.