The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: would you participate in AKC Master tests if there were no master national venue?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

215 90.34%
  • no

23 9.66%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Akc hunt tests poll

Voted yes - but certainly not as many as planned this year trying to qualify. Probably judge more just to see friends.
    "Too late smart, too soon old" - Now I finally get it Grandpa

Dennis Long
    HRCH SHDW MTN Aces and Eights Toby MH "Toby"
    HRCH Barton Creek's Winner Take All MH "Rio"
    Ranger 1997 - 2012
    Ragin' Charge of the Light Brigade "Cannon"

Junior Member new england retrievers's Avatar

Bubba..how drunk do I have to get you for info! Lol

Not to worry- I;m a cheap date

Welcome aboard- keep an eye on that girl- she ain't right. Missed ya this year Paul. Alabama was good fun. Only drawback is that them folks fry EVERYTHING!!! I was afraid to cough for 2 dern weeks.

Ask her about Marissa regards

Bubba
    Last edited by Bubba; 03-10-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

I answered the poll incorrectly (NO) but don't know how to remove my vote. It should be "YES"... I will get a Master title on each of my dogs with or without the Master National. I might run an additional test or two to see friends but would not run the 6 extra each year just for fun! I still think that the required 6 master tests each year is too many to re-qualify (4 should be plenty). With the new 60 limit that most clubs are jumping on; it is really limiting the clubs that are close by. Hard to enter that far out when you have a young dog and an unknown heat cycle. I hate to scratch and to pay a vet to tell a club she is in heat. (Entering hunt tests 3 - 4 months ahead of the test is not good for me...I don't plan that far ahead!)
    Tracy Wight

www.wightlightningretrievers.com
    HRCH UH Zucker's Wight Lightning MH QAA "Zucker"
    Wight's Goddess of Victory MH QAA "Nike"

I have never had an interest in the Grand, Nahra Invitational or the MN. I enjoy training my dog and the challenge of getting titles in multiple venues (including obedience, agility and tracking). Just from a practical standpoint, I can run 8-10 weekend HT for what it would cost me to go to a National event.

Dawn
    mostlygold
    Terrill's Mr Butch CDX TT; Terrill's Adalay CD TD; Goldtraks Once 'n Luv with Amy CD MH WCX; Goldtraks Opening Day; Highlands Split Image MH WCX **; Karousel's Goldtrak Maguire JH WCX; Highlands On A Dare CD MH WCX **; MHR HRCH Adirondac Bustd at the Bordr UD MH AXP AJP WCX CCA VCX CL3 PKII PDI; Mostlygold's On the Mark CL3 PJII PKI; HR WR Adirondac Mountain Renegade CDX MH WCX CCA VC

We don't stop playing because we've grown old, we grow old because we've stopped playing.

This is the girl...lol may I ask who this is!
    About pauls question. Until someone has run a national I dont think they can really reply. The memories, both bad and good, are ones i would do all over again.

Paul I don't have to go to a national to experience something special about dog people. When I needed a friend your wife stretched her hand out to me and I am always indebted to her for that. Place Maine, master hunt test many years ago.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

I would do it again mike.

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    Paul I don't have to go to a national to experience something special about dog people. When I needed a friend your wife stretched her hand out to me and I am always indebted to her for that. Place Maine, master hunt test many years ago.
    Trust me on this- Rosie has offered a friendly smile and a sunny disposition to MANY folks. Deal is that I live almost as far away as is physically possible and would NEVER had the chance to know her or most of the folks that I mentioned earlier without an event like the MN/Grand/Invitational. These events get blamed for all kinds of nonsense but the mact of the fatter is they bring us together in ways that nothing else would. There are tons of folks that run the dog until they get that title and then disappear. The game is soooooooo dependent on the few ( and it is scary how few they are) that stick around. The National events are a HUGE factor in the rationale behind sticking around and even though they ain't perfect- they DO play a huge role in ensuring that you have an opportunity to run your dog. If everyone vanished after getting that title this sport would have vanished LONG ago.

At least we agreee on one thing Mike -Rosie is a peach regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

When I started in dog, all I wanted to do was whelp, train and finish a Chesapeake to its MH title. I did 1 then 2 then 3 and then decided I needed to do it with a Lab so I bought a Yellow one and finished her title. So now the goal is to have a CH MH Chesapeake so the answer for me is YES but am not interested in the MN. So far that goal is stqrted with 6 show points and 1 MH pass.
    Clay
    Blue Skies Eye of the Storm MH
    Blue Skies Rags to Richs MH
    Blue Skies Travelin Man MH
    Blue Skies Snowy River Cruse SH
    Blue Skies Rough Rider Kate SH
    and all Chesapeake Bay Retrievers