The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: would you continue to participate in finished tests if there was no Grand venue

Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

120 89.55%
  • no

14 10.45%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hrc finished test poll

Yes I will continue running HRC Finished UNTIL I get that snazzy "free" jacket and then...

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

I would go to some HRC Finished and would like to see the Grand remain. Sorta of a culminating event after you run Finished. Probably one should have many more passes to enter the Grand however. Also the judges should be running at the Grand level (if they don't already). If there is issues with the Grand might I say the issues start long before the Grand. I am amazed at who passes Finished tests? JMHO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

I'll keep running, as long as it's fun. It has nothing to do with Jackets or Grands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Huntington View Post
    Well I guess we'll see you at Tulsa!!!

Nope we'll see you at Spur! Cody will be at tulsa
    Last edited by i_willie12; 03-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

Now the grand does have some positives, it brings together a bunch of HRC peeps from across the country who might never meet otherwise, still it should not affect the weekend test. If cooperate is getting to wrapped up in an event that maybe ~10-20% of HRC participants actually run, priorities have become skewed. I'm not for getting rid of it, I like the challenge and I like that i can go and run my HRCH in it whenever I have time to make a trip back East. One things for sure I don't want to have to qualify again and again to run it. IMO That would succeed in making it a for profit Pro- only title chasing venue, and I have enough of that with other organizations. Let those who want to run it, run it, those who don't run and enjoy the weekend tests. Separate but equal
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

Quote Originally Posted by PhilBernardi View Post
    The more I think about the Grand the more it should be jettisoned from HRC.

I think of it as liquor and having a alcoholic uncle living with me. The liquor goes and if you come home drunk, I call the police.
    I like beer but don't get this one

SMO
    SMO

The Grand had nothing to do with my vote. Once my dog(s) obtain an HRCH, I won't run them anymore (in that venue). I cannot justify "perpetual" weekends of running a dog just for the fun of it (or more points). Money, time, other interests and responsibilities are more more important. When you get older priorities change (or not).

Planning on running Finished with two dogs this spring/summer regards, Jim
    Jim Boyer www.kwicklabs.com
    KwickLabs Fountain of Youth - Pounce
    MPR UH HRCH Kwick Taffey of Joemac's MH
    HR Kwick Daisy's Spirit Keeper SH
    Kwick Kooly Dew It Allstar SH
    HR Kwick Draw McGraw SH (June, 2007 - May, 2014)

I will continue to run them as long as its fun and time permits. Watched several grands, never run one and see no need for it without some sort of annual qual. Too many entries have changed what was once a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by KwickLabs View Post
    The Grand had nothing to do with my vote. Once my dog(s) obtain an HRCH, I won't run them anymore (in that venue). I cannot justify "perpetual" weekends of running a dog just for the fun of it (or more points). Money, time, other interests and responsibilities are more more important. When you get older priorities change (or not).

Planning on running Finished with two dogs this spring/summer regards, Jim
    This is the same for me. If one of my clients wants me to keep running his dog, fine. But for me, the money isn't there to dump into an endless cycle of running tests. Its not worth it and the title is still the same on the pedigree, regardless of how many points the dog had.
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Ebonstar Coach "Coach" MH
    HRCH UH Wolf Creek's Candlewood Victory "Tory" MH

“Any woman who does not thoroughly enjoy tramping across the country on a clear, frosty morning with a good gun and a pair of dogs does not know how to enjoy life.” ~ Annie Oakley

Do you listen to God as well as your dog listens to you? Can God run "Blinds" with you?

www.trinityoaklabs.com

I would have to think that if dogs had to "Qualify" for the Grand it would entice people to keep running there dogs in finished. Never have understood the whole points thing..