The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty killing me

Love it and bought my first VHS in 97ish when I met Phil and Warren Coco.The world needs more of it and just got done turning my daughters playhouse into a duck blind!Get the kids watching and nothing wrong with a lil Redneck.
    FC AFC Slider/Junie

M&K it does not show duck hunters in a bad way ! Only duck hunters can make themselves look bad. It beats the hell out watching "double banded crew" or some of the other "Duck Hunting" shows.! For me , probably because of my generation, I can't stand the hard rock background music that is common on most of the hunting shows. I mean what the hell is that all about. No background music is necesary if you have ducks falling and guns going off! But to each his own.

Great show!!!!
    HRC- Our season never ends

"Shoot fast or shoot last"

HR UH Nilsson's on a wing n a prayer SH WCX

The facts speak for themselves.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Phil, Willie, Jase or Uncle Si are getting a minimum 30k for 3 hour appearences at outdoor shows so, don't expect to see them at the one near you. That 30k doesn't include first class travel and accomodations. Last year, they were 3.5k for 4 .

normally at the macks fall fest there is some celebrity there signing autographs but last year it was uncle si. i guess they couldnt afford the whole crew or phil/willie by themselves. from what i understan si was kind of mean about the whole thing. no photos with him or anything

i just attributed it to grouchy old man wrong side of the bed type a deal. or macks not pimping there products like everyone else. ive met the rest at church speakings and they are usually real down to earth.

Great family show.
    Chase perfection and accept excellence- Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I was just reading that the premier episode of the third season drew more viewers than American Idol and is by far the top rated show on A & E as well as th top rated show on cable. Not bad for a couple of Loosiana rednecks.

Phil, Willie, Jase or Uncle Si are getting a minimum 30k for 3 hour appearences at outdoor shows so, don't expect to see them at the one near you. That 30k doesn't include first class travel and accomodations. Last year, they were 3.5k for 4 hours!

They are huge and good for them. Kids love the show and that is who the network is targeting with DD. The show is attracting the kids and the parents too which is a double win for A & E Channel.
    Spot on with this.

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I can't believe no one has posted about how stupid the show is or how shows duck hunters in a bad way.
    Seriously? How is the pioneer of real duck hunting videos shining a bad light on duck hunters? Appears to me that's its just some good o'l boys that know how to market themselves really well and make money at it. Nothing stupid about that.

Senior Member RailRoadRetrievers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    Phil has requested sex on a couple of episodes.

Lonnie Spann
    Hardly comparable to what is on most shows these days and I don't recall there being any direct requests more like subtle hints that my eldest child doesn't pick up on.

My son and I watch it every week, and then some.

HEY! anybody seen mah Tea Glass?
    Bo Hanson

Bullpen's Hammerin HomeRun King 755 (Hank)
    Bullpen's Say It Ain't So Joe JH (Josie)

"If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? "-John Wooden

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."-Henry Ford