The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: McCain, Graham, Yesterdays News...........

  1. #1
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,702

    Default McCain, Graham, Yesterdays News...........


    McCain calls Paul, Cruz, Amash ‘wacko birds’

    Posted by Rachel Weiner on March 8, 2013 at 10:34 am
    Comments More Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) is continuing to criticize his fellow Republicans for their filibuster of incoming CIA Director John O. Brennan over drone policy. In an interview with the Huffington Post, McCain referred to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) and Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) as “wackos.”

    “They were elected, nobody believes that there was a corrupt election, anything else,” McCain said. “But I also think that when, you know, it’s always the wacko birds on right and left that get the media megaphone.”
    Asked to clarify, McCain said he was referencing ”Rand Paul, Cruz, Amash, whoever.”

    McCain and Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) took strong exception to the filibuster, saying they support the possible use of drones to prevent terrorist attacks anywhere in the world. Some Republicans have privately worried that the high-profile stand, while garnering a lot of positive attention, will ultimately be bad for the party.

    “You know, I think he’s just on the wrong side of history, and on the wrong side of this argument, really,” Paul responded in a radio interview with former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee Friday afternoon. He said he respected McCain’s service and record, but that that experience didn’t mean his colleague was always right: “I treat Sen. McCain with respect. I don’t think I always get the same in return.”

    Amash, who has sparred with McCain on Twitter before, replied:

    Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, on the other hand, thinks the filibuster was “completely awesome.”


    Justin Amash ✔ @repjustinamash
    Sen McCain called @SenRandPaul @SenTedCruz & me "wacko birds." Bravo, Senator. You got us. Did you come up with that at #DinnerWithBarack?2:53 PM - 08 Mar 13
    These guys are "Yesterdays News."
    Not dealing with it well.
    McCain & Graham are both progressives in my book.
    I can't stand McCain.
    I respect what he went thru, and his service, but he is not a conservative.

    The "youngbloods" are marking their territory.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #2
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Rand's Fillabuster generated over 1,000,000 tweets, that is huge!


    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,702

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Rand's Fillabuster generated over 1,000,000 tweets, that is huge!


    Your jpeg is funny, as of just now Paul is a "Tea Party" Republican.
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #4
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Rand welcomes the Teas support. It's just that they aren't really a political party. I posted on the other Rand thread a comment that is just two weeks old where Rand said that it was time for the Repubs to have a Libertarian dialog.

    This is a cool interview with Justin Amash from last week, just in case anyone cares to see it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ILhGD8CQo

    Remember, the Teas supported big spending, big government Sen Rick Santorum and Ricky has already started his campaign for 2016. In fact, he is doing a fund raiser here tomorrow night.

    And lookie here, Rush and I agree on something However, since Rush pushed for the invasion of Iraq and A'stan, I would consider him a NeoCon as well. Maybe like Beck, Rush sees the handwriting on the wall.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-08-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tom. P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    N/W Indiana
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Retire already you old buzzards!
    We need these younger Leaders to take control.

  6. #6
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Rand welcomes the Teas support. It's just that they aren't really a political party. I posted on the other Rand thread a comment that is just two weeks old where Rand said that it was time for the Repubs to have a Libertarian dialog.

    This is a cool interview with Justin Amash from last week, just in case anyone cares to see it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ILhGD8CQo

    Remember, the Teas supported big spending, big government Sen Rick Santorum and Ricky has already started his campaign for 2016. In fact, he is doing a fund raiser here tomorrow night.

    And lookie here, Rush and I agree on something However, since Rush pushed for the invasion of Iraq and A'stan, I would consider him a NeoCon as well. Maybe like Beck, Rush sees the handwriting on the wall.

    The Tea Party has never claimed to be a party.

    In addition to Santorum, the Tea Party also supported and is largely responsible for putting in office Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz... The very young guns getting all the press as we speak... Try as you will, you are just spitting into the wind as you try to diminish the Tea Party in hopes of inflating The Libertarian Party. Transparent and pitiful, actually.
    Bill Davis

  7. #7
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    The Tea Party has never claimed to be a party.

    In addition to Santorum, the Tea Party also supported and is largely responsible for putting in office Rand Paul, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz... The very young guns getting all the press as we speak... Try as you will, you are just spitting into the wind as you try to diminish the Tea Party in hopes of inflating The Libertarian Party. Transparent and pitiful, actually.
    Teas
    2010 On Fire
    2012 They take it on the chin.
    2014 I predict some momentum due to Rand Paul.
    2016 How split will the GOP establishment be?

    For Rand to win, he will have to pull from a lot more voters than just the Teas! He'll need an organization behind him which the Teas can't offer.

    And, Rubio has yet to impress me.

    Lets see how Libertarian Justin Amash does in his Michigan Senate bid.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •