The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: 36 Hours That Changed The Republican Party

  1. #11
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think McCain and Graham PROVED beyond any reasonable doubt what they realy are.
    And it ain't in line with me...................

    Those guys are progressives, and are so far to the left they could not have been Democrats in the 60's.
    but they are so socially conservative ( or cater to it) that they couldn't have been Republicans in the 70's.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    but they are so socially conservative ( or cater to it) that they couldn't have been Republicans in the 70's.
    That doesn't even make sense... Not slamming you personally. But I always find it amusing when liberals or admitted moderates (liberals) try to tell conservatives what is or isn't conservative. These two bozos are not and have never been conservative. McCain has been a thorn in the side of the Republican Party his entire career. Graham is a McCain groupie. Their days are on the decline as they are starting to realize and they don't like it.
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    but they are so socially conservative ( or cater to it) that they couldn't have been Republicans in the 70's.
    Southern Democrats in the 60's were anything but socially liberal.
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Southern Democrats in the 60's were anything but socially liberal.
    okay, then, the 60's too. That's my point.

    Republican has only meant aggressively socially right--at least in my mind, the way I define it (and most Republicans... Including many of the Tea Party ilk...)--since the advent of the moral majority--brain dead since 1990, but still taking in oxygen and nutrients for another decade or more, and still not buried.

    In terms of my own life and how I lead it, I am socially conservative--raised that way, believe that way--but I am fairly adamant about the rights of others to be as outrageous as they like. And I don't talk much about religion.

    seriously--the R's need to distance themselves from what people perceive as right wing in-your-business attitudes to survive.

    IMO.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  5. #15
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    That doesn't even make sense... Not slamming you personally. But I always find it amusing when liberals or admitted moderates (liberals) try to tell conservatives what is or isn't conservative. These two bozos are not and have never been conservative. McCain has been a thorn in the side of the Republican Party his entire career. Graham is a McCain groupie. Their days are on the decline as they are starting to realize and they don't like it.
    If it doesn't make sense, then I am not articulating it well.

    I am saying that prior to Jerry Falwell, R's were conservative in a different way. They need to exorcise his ghost, which is still hovering around and howling.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  6. #16
    Senior Member luvalab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    central ohio
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    My apologies for the grim metaphors--not meant disrespectfully. Don't know how else to say things at the moment.

    (well, maybe a little, but directed at Falwell)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

  7. #17
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Rand is his own man. I understand that Thanksgiving was ackward last year compared to the normal ones. Rand took a lot of heat from the LP.org for selling out and supporting Romney. That he was compromising his values by doing so. Some look at it as Rand trying to do it within the GOP and reform it with the Teas's and LP's support. Can Rand get the support of the GOP when he runs? I think the media will use McCain's and Graham's "sound bytes" in trying to take him down.
    Like the majority of us Conservatives, we only supported Romney because we KNEW his policies would be totally better than anything this current regime is foisting on the American Public. There was no other reason to support him. I suspect Rand Paul was in the same boat. It was never a vote FOR a Romney, because we all new the East Coast Establishment of RINOs and blue-blood-country-club-set had shoved him down our throats, like they did with McCain...as they had with the Viagra spokesman years ago. We also knew what we were up against when GHWB ran against the tank operator, but he would have been as disasterous as any other Democrat was at that time. And we certainly had no choice in the way we voted for W...against that total idiot Algore, or his equally pathetic gigilo Keary.

    If we don't regain the Senate, and keep the house in 2014, everyone on this BB will never live long enough to see anything but a Democrat controlled oligarchy pushing this nation into pure socialism, Marxism, and communism over the next two generations. What you see when you witness the OWS crowd is what you'll get controlling the votes of the national offices. The SFN crowd will put in all their fools that award them with every conceivable handout they can, to preserve their positions of power....assuming the money doesn't run out long before they raid the treasury for all their freebies and unionista handouts and pensions.

    There won't be any Libertarian movement if they and the Tea Parties don't succeed in eliminating the Establishment Republicans like the Gramnesty's and McCain's and their status quo followers. If the real Americans can't see what is happening to this nation, then you will continue to fall into the ash heap of ruin that the present regime has us all headed for. 2014 WILL BE THE FINAL OPPORTUNITY FOR RECOVERY.

    In my state, I only have one Democrat to vote against, but trust me when I say, that brain-dead ignoramus that is an Obama rubber stamp, will no longer be an embarrassment for Sodak. He can take his plush pension, and retire to where ever he desires. Probably join up with his former buddy, Dashole. They deserve each other. Our former Republican Governor that term-limited out of that office, will be our conservative candidate. I will do all I can to assist in his election.

    NOW, if only our neighbors to the east could find someone with the kahones to rise up against the equally idiotic yahoo, Frankin, we could have a twofer, and the nation would be so much better off getting rid of some sycophantic bastards.

    UB
    Last edited by Uncle Bill; 03-09-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think McCain and Graham PROVED beyond any reasonable doubt what they realy are.
    And it ain't in line with me...................

    .................................................. ...
    That's how I feel about those two.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  9. #19
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    okay, then, the 60's too. That's my point.

    Republican has only meant aggressively socially right--at least in my mind, the way I define it (and most Republicans... Including many of the Tea Party ilk...)--since the advent of the moral majority--brain dead since 1990, but still taking in oxygen and nutrients for another decade or more, and still not buried.

    In terms of my own life and how I lead it, I am socially conservative--raised that way, believe that way--but I am fairly adamant about the rights of others to be as outrageous as they like. And I don't talk much about religion.

    seriously--the R's need to distance themselves from what people perceive as right wing in-your-business attitudes to survive.

    IMO.
    As the Repub Party has moved more to the right, a lot of traditional Conservatives feel disenfranchised. The LP is for Liberty which includes a much smaller Fed Government. The Teas which are mostly made of of Evangelicals, who supported big government/big spending Rick Santorum and turned their back on the champion of liberty, Ron Paul have two differnent mind-sets when if comes to social policy. The Teas may decry Liberty but, they really don't mean it it. They use it because it sounds good.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

  10. #20
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    As the Repub Party has moved more to the right, a lot of traditional Conservatives feel disenfranchised. The LP is for Liberty which includes a much smaller Fed Government. The Teas which are mostly made of of Evangelicals, who supported big government/big spending Rick Santorum and turned their back on the champion of liberty, Ron Paul have two differnent mind-sets when if comes to social policy. The Teas may decry Liberty but, they really don't mean it it. They use it because it sounds good.
    How would YOU have any clue in the world what a "traditional" conservative thinks?

    Because I believe in God does not make me an Evangelical.
    Nor would it make most of the "Tes" Evangelicals.
    And Ron Paul is a KOOK!!
    That's why no one paid any attention to him.
    Even Rand Paul knows this.
    Face that fact and move on.............
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •