The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 36 Hours That Changed The Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How would YOU have any clue in the world what a "traditional" conservative thinks?

Because I believe in God does not make me an Evangelical.
    Nor would it make most of the "Tes" Evangelicals.
    And Ron Paul is a KOOK!!
    That's why no one paid any attention to him.
    Even Rand Paul knows this.
    Face that fact and move on.............
    Beacuse I believed in Goldwater Conservatism and the founder that coined the term Conservative, Buckley. And, I've been around long enough to see the hijacking of personal freedom by the Reagan so-called Conservatives.

If Ron Paul is a kook because he belives in a limited Fed Gov, balanced budget, less intrusive government, a sound monetary policy and peace, then so be it! I'd say the man is way ahead of his time!

And, had we adopted some of his proposed legislation, we would be in the mess we are today.

Today's Libertarians, men like Rand Paul and Justin Amash will only grow in support while the party of the few will continue to decay.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Beacuse I believed in Goldwater Conservatism and the founder that coined the term Conservative, Buckley. And, I've been around long enough to see the hijacking of personal freedom by the Reagan so-called Conservatives.

If Ron Paul is a kook because he belives in a limited Fed Gov, balanced budget, less intrusive government, a sound monetary policy and peace, then so be it! I'd say the man is way ahead of his time!

And, had we adopted some of his proposed legislation, we would be in the mess we are today.

Today's Libertarians, men like Rand Paul and Justin Amash will only grow in support while the party of the few will continue to decay.
    #1--Ron Paul is not a kook because he believes in limited Govt. his Kooky personality and inability to do anything other than criticize the WORK of others are the issues.
    #2--Rand Paul is a REPUBLICAN, At least he claims he is, is he lieing to us??
    Stan b & Elvis

Ron Paul put up a lot of legislation that was defeated by the status quo which you support! So, one can't clump RP's in with the low approval rating of Congress because he was not a part of the problem.

Rand is a Libertarian in principle, just like his dad. Who happens to be trying to work within the two party monopoly created by the media and thetwo parties that have made it almost impossible for a different voice to be heard. At some point in the near future, as the GOP establishment continues to alienate him, he will give up on the GOP!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think McCain and Graham PROVED beyond any reasonable doubt what they realy are.
    And it ain't in line with me...................

Those guys are progressives, and are so far to the left they could not have been Democrats in the 60's.
    Yet the republican party still nominated McCain (a multiple time gop primary loser) to the 2008 pres election, and Romney (a multiple time gop primary loser) to the 2012 pres election - each multiple time losers within their own party. All because of the rep chronies unable to change.
    The tea party branch of the republican party and the libertarian branch becoming apparent within the republican party are a result of the dissapointment of old school chronies that exist and run the gop.
    Times are changing within the gop and a swing of beliefs and associated policies to shrink big gov and protect the constitution are gaining nationwide support.

Quote Originally Posted by ripline View Post
    Yet the republican party still nominated McCain (a multiple time gop primary loser) to the 2008 pres election, and Romney (a multiple time gop primary loser) to the 2012 pres election - each multiple time losers within their own party. All because of the rep chronies unable to change.
    The tea party branch of the republican party and the libertarian branch becoming apparent within the republican party are a result of the dissapointment of old school chronies that exist and run the gop.
    Times are changing within the gop and a swing of beliefs and associated policies to shrink big gov and protect the constitution are gaining nationwide support.
    The nominating process nominated McCain who chose to run as an R - Romney, at the least, had some private sector experience which the MSM chose to demonize.

The nominating process makes those choices & then we have a choice of someone worse than a RINO on the D side.

You may believe what you want, there is no groundswell of anything happening at the present time.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    As the Repub Party has moved more to the right, a lot of traditional Conservatives feel disenfranchised. But the neither McCain nor Romney would be considered "far right" ... and maybe there is more than one group of conservatives that feel disenfranchised? My sense is that many believe that the Rs are very little different from the Ds with respect to "big govt" and spending. So, a "true conservative" could feel disenfranchised for that reason alone. The LP is for Liberty which includes a much smaller Fed Government. The Teas which are mostly made of of Evangelicals, who supported big government/big spending R Not so sure about that. I think those that supported Santorum didn't realize what his voting record revealed in his previous service in Congress. I don't think the Teas are mostly Evangelicals. I believe there are many who are moderate on social issues. and turned their back on the champion of liberty, Ron Paul have two different mind-sets when if comes to social policy. My largest objection to RP was his age, though I do differ with him on his opinion of the level of support that Israel should get from us. His view on abortion, as I understood it, was very conservative, yet he was liberal on marijuana. Cannot recall his position on SS marriage. Since he had been a practicing medical doctor, I believe he understands the health care system better than any of the others. The Teas may decry Liberty but, they really don't mean it it. They use it because it sounds good. Think that there may be some like that in any of the groups, but that it is too broad a generalization of all the groups.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.