The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Water Works Today

Default Water Works Today

Trained in a little water today. 33F out today! Bit of sun. Worked on angle entry through this area. Lots of fun.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...psf1e1d544.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...psda63c6f7.jpg
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey

Wow, reading your thread title and post, I feared you were pushing it a bit until I opened the pictures, whew!

Your land looks exactly like my back yard, except we are a week ahead of you in warming conditions and melting snow. Actually all our training ponds just opened up this week and I'm champing at the bit to run some marks and blinds through the smaller water. I'll wait a few more weeks and put vest on my dogs when the time comes. First trial is the end of the month, most years my dog's haven't run a water blind since hunting season before we run that trial.

John

Very good. We need rain to fill the ponds. We were in the water a few days ago and the ponds are all running water.
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

Quote Originally Posted by John Robinson View Post
    Wow, reading your thread title and post, I feared you were pushing it a bit until I opened the pictures, whew!

Your land looks exactly like my back yard, except we are a week ahead of you in warming conditions and melting snow. Actually all our training ponds just opened up this week and I'm champing at the bit to run some marks and blinds through the smaller water. I'll wait a few more weeks and put vest on my dogs when the time comes. First trial is the end of the month, most years my dog's haven't run a water blind since hunting season before we run that trial.

John
    Nice to hear the snow is going! Yes I am early even for this but I take advantage of anything break in the weather such as today. We have had a good melt, but as you can see we still have snow in areas. Tar is used to running through the snow. We just have to be picky and safe where we run. I do blinds and single marks through these ditches. We may not be doing pond work until I would say May, so I will make a short trip south just to get ahead.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey