The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Food for Thought

Default Food for Thought

Recent threads regarding elderly folks have made me think how our priorities are a little skewed (or screwed... up!)
    Bill Davis

Bill,
    I don't think you quite get it.
    To progressives, criminals are VICTIMS, the elderly are a nuisance.

Watch what OBama care does do the elderly.
    Stan b & Elvis

Soylent greeen the next step?

Over 94% of nursing home cost are paid for by Medicaid. Finding a Nursing Home that doesn't accept Medicaid is rare. There are a few for folks with money that don't want their elderly living with those on Medicaid and support private Nursing Homes. Tax payers pay for Medicaid and the program is mostly broke.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Over 94% of nursing home cost are paid for by Medicaid. Finding a Nursing Home that doesn't accept Medicaid is rare. There are a few for folks with money that don't want their elderly living with those on Medicaid and support private Nursing Homes. Tax payers pay for Medicaid and the program is mostly broke.
    as someone whose family used Medicaid recently, the people using it paid into it all those years, its not their fault that those in govt squandered the resources and funded places like Planned Parenthood, programs like Head Start, and other entitlement programs for people that have never paid dime one into the system

We owe our senior citizens the care they deserve, I certainly dont expect it to be there for me, but I do expect it to be there for my siblings that paid into it all those years and are now in their 70's-80's
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    as someone whose family used Medicaid recently, the people using it paid into it all those years, its not their fault that those in govt squandered the resources and funded places like Planned Parenthood, programs like Head Start, and other entitlement programs for people that have never paid dime one into the system

We owe our senior citizens the care they deserve, I certainly dont expect it to be there for me, but I do expect it to be there for my siblings that paid into it all those years and are now in their 70's-80's
    Tax payers have paid into SS and Medicare, not Medicaid.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Tax payers have paid into SS and Medicare, not Medicaid.
    OK where would you rather see money go...Planned Parenthood or Medicaid

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    OK where would you rather see money go...Planned Parenthood or Medicaid
    One can not compared the two. Medicaid is billions in the hole and growing. Planned Parenthood is is less than .1% of our total expenditures! That's less than one-tenth of one percent.

One can not compared the two. Medicaid is billions in the hole and growing. Planned Parenthood is is less than .1% of our total expenditures! That's less than one-tenth of one percent.
    Should be zero.... Let them fund themselves. A major portion of their funding is private... Let it all be.
    Bill Davis

OK : Medicaid or Foreign Aid...either way my views on how we as a nation deal with senior citizens is very fresh on my mind, maybe I have lost my perspective because I am emotional about it ....BUT We have to care of the elderly, we owe it to them morally, its what separates us from some third world countries