The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Wildear
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Food for Thought

  1. #1
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,491

    Default Food for Thought



    Recent threads regarding elderly folks have made me think how our priorities are a little skewed (or screwed... up!)
    Bill Davis

  2. #2
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    11,773

    Default

    Bill,
    I don't think you quite get it.
    To progressives, criminals are VICTIMS, the elderly are a nuisance.

    Watch what OBama care does do the elderly.
    Stan b & Elvis

  3. #3
    Senior Member sick lids's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    mukwonago, wi
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Soylent greeen the next step?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    12,673

    Default

    Over 94% of nursing home cost are paid for by Medicaid. Finding a Nursing Home that doesn't accept Medicaid is rare. There are a few for folks with money that don't want their elderly living with those on Medicaid and support private Nursing Homes. Tax payers pay for Medicaid and the program is mostly broke.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us to no end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C S Lewis









  5. #5
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    13,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Over 94% of nursing home cost are paid for by Medicaid. Finding a Nursing Home that doesn't accept Medicaid is rare. There are a few for folks with money that don't want their elderly living with those on Medicaid and support private Nursing Homes. Tax payers pay for Medicaid and the program is mostly broke.
    as someone whose family used Medicaid recently, the people using it paid into it all those years, its not their fault that those in govt squandered the resources and funded places like Planned Parenthood, programs like Head Start, and other entitlement programs for people that have never paid dime one into the system

    We owe our senior citizens the care they deserve, I certainly dont expect it to be there for me, but I do expect it to be there for my siblings that paid into it all those years and are now in their 70's-80's
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  6. #6
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    12,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    as someone whose family used Medicaid recently, the people using it paid into it all those years, its not their fault that those in govt squandered the resources and funded places like Planned Parenthood, programs like Head Start, and other entitlement programs for people that have never paid dime one into the system

    We owe our senior citizens the care they deserve, I certainly dont expect it to be there for me, but I do expect it to be there for my siblings that paid into it all those years and are now in their 70's-80's
    Tax payers have paid into SS and Medicare, not Medicaid.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us to no end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C S Lewis









  7. #7
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    13,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Tax payers have paid into SS and Medicare, not Medicaid.
    OK where would you rather see money go...Planned Parenthood or Medicaid
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  8. #8
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    DuLarge-Dulac-Cocodrie Metroplex, La.
    Posts
    12,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    OK where would you rather see money go...Planned Parenthood or Medicaid
    One can not compared the two. Medicaid is billions in the hole and growing. Planned Parenthood is is less than .1% of our total expenditures! That's less than one-tenth of one percent.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated, but those who torment us for our own good will torment us to no end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C S Lewis









  9. #9
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    One can not compared the two. Medicaid is billions in the hole and growing. Planned Parenthood is is less than .1% of our total expenditures! That's less than one-tenth of one percent.
    Should be zero.... Let them fund themselves. A major portion of their funding is private... Let it all be.
    Bill Davis

  10. #10
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    13,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    One can not compared the two. Medicaid is billions in the hole and growing. Planned Parenthood is is less than .1% of our total expenditures! That's less than one-tenth of one percent.
    OK : Medicaid or Foreign Aid...either way my views on how we as a nation deal with senior citizens is very fresh on my mind, maybe I have lost my perspective because I am emotional about it ....BUT We have to care of the elderly, we owe it to them morally, its what separates us from some third world countries
    Executor of the Alanson C Brown III - Trust

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •