The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Food for Thought

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    eVEN LOONEY PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT LOONEY.

These are Harvard , Yale ,,and whatever prestigious places of lower learning. They are not looney or stupid as they appear to the common man. They are indoctrinating children to hate guns and to fear them the same way they have indoctrinated our the children to go "EEww" a smoker,,, or feminism the destruction of the family unit or spanking is child abuse,,, In the past to except perversions which were once understood to be perversions and not "just do it" life styles.
    If it feels good do it! No rules, no structure for family those are the objectives. Guns are bad,,individualism is bad,,,you named it. It has been turned around where left is right and up is down. This is a planned approach to change the way society thinks. And I do think many of our politicians are to ignorant on this subject to even see it. I have witnessed this evolution in my short life span
    Pete
    It is called "incremental secular progressivism."
    It's real and it's winning.

Harvard is the center of "progressivism."
    Stan b & Elvis

Marv, I try to refrain from calling names in reference to those on our forum ... after all, all here are smart enough to love retrievers I feel less restraint in name-calling WRT to someone who can't tell the difference between "violent behavior" and nibbling a pop tart. If the teacher had never mentioned the gun thing, none of the kids in the room might have thought of even the word "gun" that day! Paranoid much?

Pete, I think some of these teachers and administrators are already the product of thought manipulation, and they no longer realize that they have been manipulated into their thinking patterns. They have become "the useful idiots". Unfortunately, it may be too late to make a difference with them ... but it may not be too late to change the manipulatory methods that will do the same to the children now growing up. We may be able to prevent producing more of the same. Maybe. There is some hope that even the kids as young as these, can see the silliness of this kind of over-reaction?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Doesn't matter, I won't put my kids through that.
    I will deal with it.
    As long as I get 3 slops and a flop, we're good!!!!
    Hopefully you can do that, RK. Everyone is not so lucky. In my husband's family two out of three children in his mother's family developed some form of dementia in old age. His uncle got so he did not recognize his wife of 60 plus years ( and ran away from home often ). My husband is in his 80s. If something happens where the kids need to know about which bank has the CDs etc. then I have done my best to help them. As to taking care of ourselves we are doing it to the best of our ability ( so far ). Good luck, RK.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Wife is dealing with final stages of cancer with her father now and he has to be in an assisted living environment due to mobility issues. That Monday we took him to his new home I told her it would never be me, bottle of 46 and my trusty S&W before that place for me. Right or wrong, that's my preference.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

We neglect our elderly...plain and simple. No different than a child using their parents and then forgetting them when they are in need after they made sacrifices for them.

Liberals or progressives push for more help for the elderly, out of a guilty consession or what ever, but the facts are they do.

Conservatives argue that they should have saved for the rainy day or they kids should take care of them....there is truth in that, but it still does not change the fact that many elderly are in need and that if we can we should help them...and my position on the subject is if we can fight dumb wars and rebuild foriegn countries and cut taxes for the folks that don't need tax cuts we can take care of our elderly....that simple.

As for as the arguement on guns...I hate to say I told you so...but the position of the right will cost us our guns in the end...we need a plan and the NRA's plan is not going to win the day....wake up and realize children are dying at the hand of guns and we will lose our rights to them because of it...I hope that I don't get to tell you I told you so...my track record is good at being right..whether you like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    We neglect our elderly...plain and simple. No different than a child using their parents and then forgetting them when they are in need after they made sacrifices for them.

Liberals or progressives push for more help for the elderly, out of a guilty consession or what ever, but the facts are they do.

Conservatives argue that they should have saved for the rainy day or they kids should take care of them....there is truth in that, but it still does not change the fact that many elderly are in need and that if we can we should help them...and my position on the subject is if we can fight dumb wars and rebuild foriegn countries and cut taxes for the folks that don't need tax cuts we can take care of our elderly....that simple.

As for as the arguement on guns...I hate to say I told you so...but the position of the right will cost us our guns in the end...we need a plan and the NRA's plan is not going to win the day....wake up and realize children are dying at the hand of guns and we will lose our rights to them because of it...I hope that I don't get to tell you I told you so...my track record is good at being right..whether you like it or not.
    Another erroneous assumption based on ideology.
    I know of NO ONE that wants the elderly to starve or die, other than progressives.
    (read Gerry's ongonig updates of the boondoggle known as OBama care)

I know many conservatives appalled that the Govt funds studies on obesity in lesbians at the tune of $1.5 million.

Feds Spend $1.5 million to Study Obese Lesbians
    Mar 12, 2013
    By Todd Starnes

The National Institutes of Health awarded a Boston hospital more than $1.5 million to figure out why nearly three-quarters of lesbians are overweight — calling the disparities a significant public health issue.

“It is now well-established that women of minority sexual orientation are disproportionately affected by the obesity epidemic, with nearly three-quarters of adult lesbians overweight or obese, compared to half of heterosexual women,” according to a description of the grant.

The taxpayer money was awarded to Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston to study the relationship between sexual orientation and obesity. The project is overseen by S. Bryn Austin.

The grant was awarded through the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. The hospital received a 2011 grant worth $778,622 and a 2012 grant worth $778,622.

According to the NIH grant, the project’s end date is in 2016.

NIH Spokesman Robert Bock told Fox News future grant payments could be impacted by sequestration.

“It is not possible to say how this or any other NIH grant will be affected in the long term beyond the 90 percent funding levels already in place,” he said in a written statement.

“Obesity is one of the most critical public health issues affecting the U.S. today,” the grant states. “Racial and socioeconomic disparities in obesity are receiving increasing attention; however, one area of disparities that is only beginning to be recognized is the striking interplay of gender and sexual orientation.”

The hospital noted that heterosexual males have nearly double the risk of obesity compared to gay males.

“Our study has high potential for public health impact not only for sexual minorities but also for heterosexuals,” the grant states.

“These disparities are of high public-health significance,” the hospital states in its grant.

Bock said obesity is a major public health problem in the United States and said the NIH had undertaken major research to understand the causes.

“The study on obesity and sexual orientation aims to understand why specific populations are disproportionately affected by obesity and how best to inform prevention and treatment strategies aimed at these populations,” he said.

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said it is disturbing that tax dollars are being used to fund the study.
    “When you look at a nation that’s $17 trillion in debt – there’s a reason. It’s because we do frivolous studies that serve no benefit other than to give a special interest group something to talk about,” he told Fox News. “Why are we issuing grants to study things that have no affect on the well-being of the nation as a whole?”

You blame conservatives for the progressives ongoing incremental efforts to disarm the citizenry (for over 40 years)?
    For God's sakes menmon, step away from the bong!!!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 03-13-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Menmon, so conservatives want the elderly to starve and conservative's stance will cost us our 2nd Amendment rights! Are you serious? I would be willing to bet you a boatload of money that conservatives give more to charities (including the elderly and disadvantaged individuals) than the majority of the left thinking people out there. If you doubt that just look at the paltry contributions the liberal leaders give each year based on their tax returns. Additionally, all of the "big money" entertainers, etc. that are willing to put on concerts, shows, etc. but seldom seem to give actual money for a cause. If they were so concerned with the elderly then put up the money or shut up!!!!!!!!!!! You come up with some of the most asinine points of view on RTF and it's scary that people (brainwashed sheeple) agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Menmon, so conservatives want the elderly to starve and conservative's stance will cost us our 2nd Amendment rights! Are you serious? I would be willing to bet you a boatload of money that conservatives give more to charities (including the elderly and disadvantaged individuals) than the majority of the left thinking people out there. If you doubt that just look at the paltry contributions the liberal leaders give each year based on their tax returns. Additionally, all of the "big money" entertainers, etc. that are willing to put on concerts, shows, etc. but seldom seem to give actual money for a cause. If they were so concerned with the elderly then put up the money or shut up!!!!!!!!!!! You come up with some of the most asinine points of view on RTF and it's scary that people (brainwashed sheeple) agree with you.
    I never said that...but since you mention it....yes saying that their tax dollars shouldn't being paying for some one that didn't put money away for their old age. Maybe they should have but it does not change the fact that many can't care of themselves and it is too late for them to make it on their on...helping these people if we can is what we should do and we can as long as we are able to piss money away on an inflated defense.

I have a little surprise...many conservatives without the passion for guns that you have want change....right or wrong it will happen....just remember Romneys camp on election night was old white folks and he lost.

Gun owners will lose too if the tired position on them continues and children keep dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Wife is dealing with final stages of cancer with her father now and he has to be in an assisted living environment due to mobility issues. That Monday we took him to his new home I told her it would never be me, bottle of 46 and my trusty S&W before that place for me. Right or wrong, that's my preference.
    Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I don't care how old you are.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do. I don't care how old you are.
    So you would do everything you could to ensure that your dogs suffer for as long as humanly possible rather than quickly and painlessly end their suffering. Don't humans deserve the same if they wish it for themselves.