The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Food for Thought

  1. #31
    Senior Member Daniel J Simoens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    DePere, WI
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    how is one suppose to copy and paste something that is printed out??
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Being a "Primary Care-Giver" is the single most challenging thing I have ever undertaken, twice.
    Also the most rewarding.

    Having said that, as long as I am able, no family member goes into an assisted care facility.
    They come here!
    Although, most are gone now.

    In my case, I'll go to the VA Center if that's the way it ends up.
    I'm entitled!!!
    I sincerely hope that your VA hospitals are better up there than they are in Oklahoma. Having had family and friends in those places I know they are not great or maybe not even good. They scolded a man's legs in one of them recently.

    On another note the nursing homes close enough to family so that the family can check often is probably the way to go if possible.

    We started a small notebook ( pocket size ) with info that family members will need when we can't take care of our lives anymore. Plus after "my" mistakes in giving info at the funeral homes for death certificates I incuded the info for that ( always ask to see what the funeral home people have wrote down for those as
    not all the mistakes were mine alone ). Mother had all her info already given to the funeral home and I prefer that way of doing it. Rather than our children having to dig through mountains of stuff in our files at the time of our death they can just check that book. Gave the notebook to them this weekend. Daughter-in-law is checking on a "box" at one of the banks that they use/share so we can use that for the things like the notebook etc. that contain info that we don't want shared with the wrong people I have included phone numbers as need for insurance, doc. etc. If my husband gets stressed he no good at givng info. Plus he flat does not remember things anymore. Having had my colonoscopy this past week I found out just how bad he gets. And we aren't even going to go through my mind loss Things get shuffled in files that no one has moved somehow !!!!!!

    Maybe this does not fit this thread but eveyone needs to know this stuff.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  3. #33
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,291

    Default

    Speaking of food for thought, I guess a second grader in one of our state run schools was suspended for nibbling a pop tart into the shape of a handgun..

    Talk about food fee thought
    We Are DOOMED!

    gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Speaking of food for thought, I guess a second grader in one of our state run schools was suspended for nibbling a pop tart into the shape of a handgun..

    Talk about food fee thought
    We Are DOOMED!

    gooser
    I saw that earlier today and read it slowly ! I just could not believe what I was reading to begin with.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  5. #35
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,925

    Default

    Listened to a bit of Mark Steyn today. The key in all of this, the poptart and the plastic soldiers decorating the cupcakes, is that this bunch of loons are the people who we are depending upon to take note of the true psychos that may be in the schools. In his words, we are depending on these people to keep our kids safe, and "they can't tell the difference between a psycho and a pop tart." They must have been listening to too much of Obama's sequester babbling?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Listened to a bit of Mark Steyn today. The key in all of this, the poptart and the plastic soldiers decorating the cupcakes, is that this bunch of loons are the people who we are depending upon to take note of the true psychos that may be in the schools. In his words, we are depending on these people to keep our kids safe, and "they can't tell the difference between a psycho and a pop tart." They must have been listening to too much of Obama's sequester babbling?
    I must say, originating with you, this creates many smilies . I know 1st hand how administration & staff interpret things, this is why I am so critical of educators (if you can call them that).
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  7. #37
    Senior Member Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I must say, originating with you, this creates many smilies . I know 1st hand how administration & staff interpret things, this is why I am so critical of educators (if you can call them that).
    What should they be call then Marv?
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kinston, NC
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    One can not compared the two. Medicaid is billions in the hole and growing. Planned Parenthood is is less than .1% of our total expenditures! That's less than one-tenth of one percent.
    Correct but it didn't answer the question.

  9. #39
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I sincerely hope that your VA hospitals are better up there than they are in Oklahoma. Having had family and friends in those places I know they are not great or maybe not even good. They scolded a man's legs in one of them recently.

    On another note the nursing homes close enough to family so that the family can check often is probably the way to go if possible.

    We started a small notebook ( pocket size ) with info that family members will need when we can't take care of our lives anymore. Plus after "my" mistakes in giving info at the funeral homes for death certificates I incuded the info for that ( always ask to see what the funeral home people have wrote down for those as
    not all the mistakes were mine alone ). Mother had all her info already given to the funeral home and I prefer that way of doing it. Rather than our children having to dig through mountains of stuff in our files at the time of our death they can just check that book. Gave the notebook to them this weekend. Daughter-in-law is checking on a "box" at one of the banks that they use/share so we can use that for the things like the notebook etc. that contain info that we don't want shared with the wrong people I have included phone numbers as need for insurance, doc. etc. If my husband gets stressed he no good at givng info. Plus he flat does not remember things anymore. Having had my colonoscopy this past week I found out just how bad he gets. And we aren't even going to go through my mind loss Things get shuffled in files that no one has moved somehow !!!!!!

    Maybe this does not fit this thread but eveyone needs to know this stuff.
    Doesn't matter, I won't put my kids through that.
    I will deal with it.
    As long as I get 3 slops and a flop, we're good!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,802

    Default

    Listened to a bit of Mark Steyn today. The key in all of this, the poptart and the plastic soldiers decorating the cupcakes, is that this bunch of loons are the people who we are depending upon to take note of the true psychos that may be in the schools. In his words, we are depending on these people to keep our kids safe, and "they can't tell the difference between a psycho and a pop tart." They must have been listening to too much of Obama's sequester babbling?
    eVEN LOONEY PEOPLE ARE NOT THAT LOONEY.

    These are Harvard , Yale ,,and whatever prestigious places of lower learning. They are not looney or stupid as they appear to the common man. They are indoctrinating children to hate guns and to fear them the same way they have indoctrinated our the children to go "EEww" a smoker,,, or feminism the destruction of the family unit or spanking is child abuse,,, In the past to except perversions which were once understood to be perversions and not "just do it" life styles.
    If it feels good do it! No rules, no structure for family those are the objectives. Guns are bad,,individualism is bad,,,you named it. It has been turned around where left is right and up is down. This is a planned approach to change the way society thinks. And I do think many of our politicians are to ignorant on this subject to even see it. I have witnessed this evolution in my short life span
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-12-2013 at 08:34 AM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •