The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help! Ribbons and Trophies

I am not sure her name but she is on my site. I am going to try it with blue ribbons.
    I will do a "Log Cabin" and stitch them together and then back with muslim. I will fill and back with something not slippery like flannel. Put it in my living room and kill anyone who gets a spot on it. Judy

Practice. I never made a quilt in my life but have been doing it this year. Am getting to something I can give. The first two I tossed. Learned: start with something about a foot square which will not hurt to pitch and go from there. Also, I learned not to bind. Stitch, turn right side out and sew around the edge about a fourth of an inch in and it looks great. Binding is very, very hard for me. Plus, awfully, you have to hand stitch the binding on the back side. Horrific process for us impatient ones. (The smaller they are the better the chance that it will be finished.)

Judy

[QUOTE=Judy Martin;1081794]I am not sure her name but she is on my site. I am going to try it with blue ribbons.
    I will do a "Log Cabin" and stitch them together and then back with muslim. I will fill and back with something not slippery like flannel. Put it in my living room and kill anyone who gets a spot on it. Judy

Practice. I never made a quilt in my life but have been doing it this year. Am getting to something I can give. The first two I tossed. Learned: start with something about a foot square which will not hurt to pitch and go from there. Also, I learned not to bind. Stitch, turn right side out and sew around the edge about a fourth of an inch in and it looks great. Binding is very, very hard for me. Plus, awfully, you have to hand stitch the binding on the back side. Horrific process for us impatient ones. (The smaller they are the better the chance that it will be finished.)

Judy

Getting posts