RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Truck Tires

13K views 43 replies 33 participants last post by  jmay 
#1 ·
Hey RTFers! Getting ready for new tires on our f250. Wanting an a/t tire that is good in mud and quiet on the road
Does such a tire exist? Looking at the Toyo open countrys but would like some input from other folks.I know everyone has there favorites and I have an open mind.
TIA

#2 ·
Toyo's are pretty good. I've had good luck with the Nitto terra Grapplers. I'm running a set of Mickey Thompson's right now that have 23K on them and are still in good shape.

Russell

#5 ·
I'am currently running hankook dynapro atm...they are well mannered on the asphalt. I have also run Nitto terra grapplers however,the hankooks are quieter but the jury is still out on how they will wear over time. But so far I prefer the hankook.....imo
hope this helps

#9 ·
I put Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar tires on my F150 and I drive a lot of miles for work around the Midwest. They are excellent in mud and snow both. I don't think that they are noisey at all. I got just over 60,000 miles on my first set of them.

#14 ·
Go to tire rack and do a comparison.

My Sequoia eats tires. I've had
Bridgestone H/T (original) ~40k, nothing special.
Bridgestone A/T Revo ~40k, very quiet at first, good traction, got noisy
Continental LX something ~40k, nothing special (but were highly rated at the time)
Michelin LTX MS2, best so far with ~12k (also have them on a Highlander)

#18 ·
On 3rd set of Michelin LTX M/S. First set - 95,000 on 2002 Yukon XL 3/4 ton(110,000 total miles on truck).2nd set pushed just over 105,000 on 2005 Yukon XL 3/4 ton. 3rd set have about 65,000 miles on them - same 2005 Yukon XL (171,000+ on truck). Think I'll get another 30 - 35,000 miles on tires before winter 2013/2014 comes and change again. I use load range "E" and have 8.1liter with 4.10 gears. Lots of highway driving at 70+miles per hour. The tires are spendy but I'm very happy with ride, noise, off road traction and of course milage on tires. I push them to the limit mileage wise and change before the snow flies here in Wisconsin.

Good luck with your decision

#29 ·
Bridgestone AT Revo one of the best tires on the road and won't wear down premature due to the weight of your truck. Just remember E load rating.

#30 ·
I love the ride and traction of my Hancooks.... the first thing I noticed with them is when traveling behind a tractor trailer in the rain ,at70- 75 mph, there was no loose feeling . THEY HELD the road. They do well in the field for me also...the only tire I will get again

#31 ·
Well, What fun is THAT???
Nuthin like lookin out the side winder into on comming traffic.. Live Live,, be daring....
HOLD THE ROAD???? YAWN>>>>>> :):)
Gooser

#32 ·
I'm on my 2nd set of Goodyear Duratrac's. I drive a GMC 2500HD and 1st set lasted a little over 45K miles. Very good off-road and relatively quiet on hardball. I had the Toyo AT's previously and the Duratrac's beat them hands down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.