The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti-Dove Hunting Bill Introduced in Iowa

I'm an Iowan and I love to dove hunt too. I plant food plots for the doves and also Winter habitat for pheasants around the farm. We finaly get a dove season and some tree hugger wants to take it away from us. Time to roll up the sleeves and fight it.
    Tom Blumer

Hasn't dove hunting up north always been some big, political ordeal? Seems like some other states up there have always had seasons come and seasons go for whatever reason. These same states have several other forms of hunting available, but they make a big hoopla about doves?!!

What am I missing here? They're just damn doves.
    Put that in your pipe and smoke it

Again,

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
    Ronald Reagan

We are still trying to get the right to hunts doves in Ontario.
    Labrador Retriever, a 20g & grouse...is there a better combination?

Hawkeyes can just come down to Texas, where dove hunting is a solid tradition. It is fun to witness people from other parts of America interpret political issues though. I agree that liberalism/progressivism resides in both parties.....but not so much in my neck of the woods. Sequester? Tax breaks? Spending cuts? Lol...heck, that's what we need in America! Dove hunting is what gets kids into hunting. Lots of action, warm weather, lots of dog work, you don't have to be quiet or completely camo'd out, can do it from the bed of a truck. Come on Iowa outdoorsmen, fight this lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by jb504079 View Post
    Hawkeyes can just come down to Texas, where dove hunting is a solid tradition. It is fun to witness people from other parts of America interpret political issues though. I agree that liberalism/progressivism resides in both parties.....but not so much in my neck of the woods. Sequester? Tax breaks? Spending cuts? Lol...heck, that's what we need in America! Dove hunting is what gets kids into hunting. Lots of action, warm weather, lots of dog work, you don't have to be quiet or completely camo'd out, can do it from the bed of a truck. Come on Iowa outdoorsmen, fight this lunacy.
    I had been a county coordinator for the dove bill several years back. Unfortunately, I found that most Iowa sportsmen would not take the time to contact their representative. Perhaps they thought it was a loosing battle and they thought that it was a waste of their time. Hopefully the sportsmen of Iowa will fight to keep what they now enjoy. This bill isn't so much a Republican vs Democrat as much as a rural vs urban bill.
    Last edited by Handler Error; 03-10-2013 at 06:19 PM.

In many areas of the South dove hunting is a tradition for the whole family, many kids started out dove hunting.