The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: A nice gift from the judges!

Default A nice gift from the judges!

Ah, early season hunt tests. You think your dog is ready and forget you need to get your own head in the game. All I can say is I am glad we had some good judges this weekend that paid more attention to the dog work and not the handler who screwed up! Woulda been a shame to get her dropped for my mistakes. We ran second in the last series and I left for home thinking we had not made it. Checked the results today and they gave her the benefit of the doubt. I think she needs to spend the next two weeks training me!
    I think they were all made to shoot because if they were not why did they give them that whirr of wings that moves you suddenly more than any love of country . . . I think that they were made to shoot and some of us were made to shoot them and if that is not so well, never say we did not tell you that we liked it.

E. Hemingway

My dog saves me more times than none. In fact, I've had a few guys in the peanut gallery tell me I need to learn from my dog, (in a joking way). It's all about having fun to me.
    HRCH "Kennedy" MH

Been there, done that. Was acknowledge as the "stupid handler award" when ribbons were given out. Maddie PASSED, I FAILED.
    HRCH UH C & L 's Madison Grace MH....500 Points (blinddogmaddie)

HR UH Smokin' Hot Mac-Kenzie.....WINNER of the 2013 Milwaukee Sports Show Fastest Retriever Contest (40 dogs entered)

Len Gums