RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Bramble--A Gentleman Retriever RIP (April 11, 1999 to March 11, 2013)

4K views 49 replies 49 participants last post by  Twolabsplus 
#1 ·
I debated posting this, but I know we are all dog people and you would understand my pain.

He was my first retriever and taught me how to train. Oh so forgiving he was. A rookie trainer landed a dog with incredible marking and lining skills. Many accolades from all, but truth be told this dog had "it" from day one. I can take little credit.

He had it and so much more...He gave and never asked for anything, content and filled with life in our companionship. His trust in me, and my trust in him, will be cherished and honored for all time.

He has been with me for 14 years: to North Dakota, Nevada, Montana, Tulelake, Oregon and his home turf the Delta and Colusa CA. We were a team!

He met many of my students, some with challenges. He did training demonstrations and I saw wide eyed kids watching as he took overs and backs. He bridged gaps, and planted seeds.

He had the personality, intelligence, temperament, and patience to be a service dog.

But his calling was to be a duck hunter; there's nothing like sharing a blind (or swamp, or field) with a best friend.

And hunt he did. He retrieved many birds, and forever will our morning sunrises and days in
the field be cherished. They are forever burned to my memory.

Bramble's tail, until the very end was wagging and thumping. Never did I enter the house without a retrieved "gift" from him. He has given me an enormous amount of pleasure.

He was a companion, teacher, conservationist and waterfowl hunter: but most of all a GENTLEMAN-----

Thank you Bram for our time on earth together. I will never forget you.

See less See more
#4 ·
John, so very sorry for your loss, that is one dog I would have loved to sit in a Delta duck blind and hunt over

#8 ·
I'm sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace Bramble.

#11 ·
John, Thank you so much for sharing that portrait of Bramble. Your tribute underscored the reason this forum exists. To develop, love, respect and honor these incredible retrievers that give so much to so many. You have stated it as well as anyone I have read. RIP Bramble. John, you and your other pup be sure to share some extra hugs!

#13 ·
A very nice tribute to Bramble. Sorry for your loss John.

#18 ·
John,

Sorry for your loss of Bram! Nice tribute!

#23 ·
Unfortunately many of us do understand your pain and our hearts go out to you on the loss of your boy.

I'm so sorry. Cherish the many memories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.