RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Bramble--A Gentleman Retriever RIP (April 11, 1999 to March 11, 2013)

4K views 49 replies 49 participants last post by  Twolabsplus 
#1 ·
I debated posting this, but I know we are all dog people and you would understand my pain.

He was my first retriever and taught me how to train. Oh so forgiving he was. A rookie trainer landed a dog with incredible marking and lining skills. Many accolades from all, but truth be told this dog had "it" from day one. I can take little credit.

He had it and so much more...He gave and never asked for anything, content and filled with life in our companionship. His trust in me, and my trust in him, will be cherished and honored for all time.

He has been with me for 14 years: to North Dakota, Nevada, Montana, Tulelake, Oregon and his home turf the Delta and Colusa CA. We were a team!

He met many of my students, some with challenges. He did training demonstrations and I saw wide eyed kids watching as he took overs and backs. He bridged gaps, and planted seeds.

He had the personality, intelligence, temperament, and patience to be a service dog.

But his calling was to be a duck hunter; there's nothing like sharing a blind (or swamp, or field) with a best friend.

And hunt he did. He retrieved many birds, and forever will our morning sunrises and days in
the field be cherished. They are forever burned to my memory.

Bramble's tail, until the very end was wagging and thumping. Never did I enter the house without a retrieved "gift" from him. He has given me an enormous amount of pleasure.

He was a companion, teacher, conservationist and waterfowl hunter: but most of all a GENTLEMAN-----

Thank you Bram for our time on earth together. I will never forget you.

See less See more
#29 ·
I am sorry for your loss. Bramble sure sounds like he was one of the great ones and I know he will be missed as much as he was loved.

Good dog, Bramble.

#30 ·
sorry for your loss....sweet memories to cherish forever.

#32 ·
So sorry for your loss.... The dang road is way too short. They give us so much more than memories.....

#33 ·
John,

I am sorry to hear about Bramble. I know how much of a friend and companion he was to you.

I hope you get to enjoy as many great years and memories with Briar.

RIP Bramble.

Mark

#38 ·
So sorry for your loss.

#39 ·
Too few people know the joy of spending time with a great companion. If more did, maybe there would be less anger and hate in the world. Dogs can teach us so much about enjoying what we have, living in the moment and not wasting time holding on to bad thoughts. Bramble sounds like a true gentleman and a lovely ambassador for his breed and our sport.

Dawn

#41 ·
Sorry for your loss, cherish the memories. They are not with us long enough. Most of us feel your pain, hang in there.

#42 ·
So sorry for your loss, John. It sounds like he was a great dog. I pray that your memories of him give you comfort and peace. R.I.P Bramble

#43 ·
John - I'm sorry for your loss of Bramble. what a nice dog! your tribute was wonderful. these dogs teach us about unconditional love. What an awesome purpose they were put here on earth for... take care, and remember Bramble with a smile.

#45 ·
John,
I'm really sorry, just know we hold you tightly in our prayers.

#50 ·
He is a beautiful boy.... we are sorry for your loss and want you to know that we lost our sweet "almost 14" year old boy one week before you lost your
special friend. Chance was born April 24, 1999 and passed March 4, 2013. He too was our "first" and I have to say, he was born to please more than
any other we have had. You have many sweet memories and you will cherish them forever. God Bless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.