The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: March Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Don't disagree with you but do - there are some awful good coaches in this fight with some very good teams - I believe any team can neutralize a very good player for one night, which is all it takes - As for the Zag's, I'm waiting for selection night - the selection team is East Coast biased - the Zag's will get a very tough draw - as per usual Syracuse will not make the round of 16, IMO - they couldn't many times when they had a good team & the field was not so evenly matched .

hate to use the term "I told you so"....but I did say that the 'Cuse is a jekyll/hyde team...if they win Saturday, look out, Boeheim is a very good game coach
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

And it seems like someone said Miami should be a 1 seed along with Indiana...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    And it seems like someone said Miami should be a 1 seed along with Indiana...
    Yes I did. So now I will ask you the same question since you seem hell bent on this topic. Answer this for me, If Duke or North Carolina had won both the ACC conference AND the ACC conference tourney would they have been a #1 seed? Yes or No
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Yes I did. So now I will ask you the same question since you seem hell bent on this topic. Answer this for me, If Duke or North Carolina had won both the ACC conference AND the ACC conference tourney would they have been a #1 seed? Yes or No
    Don't know and don't care. It's just funny as hell when someone so cocksure of himself about something so uncertain as sports starts laying it all out for everyone as the way it should be. That's why they play the games... If it was so cut and dried... Just annoint the title based on the leading bloviators opinion and be done with it.

But if that happened, there would be no FGCU or WSU... There would only be room for the number 1 seeds.

There never would have been Jimmy V and NC ST back in the day beating PHI Slamma Jamma
    Bill Davis

It is based on a power conference and what happens 100% of the time. Had one of those teams did what Miami did they would have been a stone cold lock as a #1 seed, plain and simply. It is an argument that can not be argued. That was my sole basis for Miami to be a #1.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

all the Cinderellas are gone, only ONE # 1 seed left, anyone left can win it all...one stat that really cant be measured is that teams got between three and four days to prepare for their sweet sixteen match ups...whether you like them or not Coach K and Coach Boeheim are great at prepping for a team with a few extra days..

The game of the tournament might be Louisville and Duke on Sunday...Florida seems to be cruising along quietly and kicking tails....Could this be the year where NO #1 seeds get to the Final Four ?
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    all the Cinderellas are gone, only ONE # 1 seed left, anyone left can win it all...one stat that really cant be measured is that teams got between three and four days to prepare for their sweet sixteen match ups...whether you like them or not Coach K and Coach Boeheim are great at prepping for a team with a few extra days..

The game of the tournament might be Louisville and Duke on Sunday...Florida seems to be cruising along quietly and kicking tails....Could this be the year where NO #1 seeds get to the Final Four ?
    Duke is going down. Always over hyped. PLanning Easter dinner around the game. All will be going against Duke! MY team was out before the season started as they got banned from the big dance but I HATE DUKE!!! I don't care who wins as long as Duke falls. Be true to your school!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    hate to use the term "I told you so"....but I did say that the 'Cuse is a jekyll/hyde team...if they win Saturday, look out, Boeheim is a very good game coach
    Good call, Bon
    Bill Davis

Well luvmylabs, I get you dislike Duke but to say they're overhyped might be a wee bit of a stretch. 15 final four appearances, 6 NCAA runner-ups and 4 national championships to most people would be a far cry from overhyped. Just saying!

Looking forward to the games today. Duke v Louisville should be fantastic, and since the only way I can advance is if Duke advances, I'm pulling for Coach K over Coach P.