The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: PA Bill 510 - Please read!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member weebegoldens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    184

    Default PA Bill 510 - Please read!!!

    http://legiscan.com/PA/text/SB510/id...ntroduced.html

    Really bad news for retriever people in PA!

    Megan
    Megan(Weebegoldens)

  2. #2
    Senior Member labraiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Penna
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by weebegoldens View Post
    http://legiscan.com/PA/text/SB510/id...ntroduced.html

    Really bad news for retriever people in PA!

    Megan
    How does this hurt retriever people? I think it is going after pigeon shoots and turkey shoots, where the live turkey is in a block and you try to hit it with a rifle. It might hurt pointer trainers if they use a release trap. The other thing is the part about fowl, excluding game birds? Who is the sponsor and when does it come up for a vote?

  3. #3
    Senior Member thelast2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labraiser View Post
    How does this hurt retriever people? I think it is going after pigeon shoots and turkey shoots, where the live turkey is in a block and you try to hit it with a rifle. It might hurt pointer trainers if they use a release trap. The other thing is the part about fowl, excluding game birds? Who is the sponsor and when does it come up for a vote?
    Pen raised ducks would be under this thats how it harms retriever people. The sponsors of the bill are listed right at the top under the Bill number. Glad to see there is nothing more important going on in the world that these are the kind of bills that are getting the attention of Lawmakers.
    Jesse

    HR SHR JR'S GUNNY DOG "ERMEY"
    SR JR'S MARSH MANGLING MINDY
    JR'S LNR THICKET THRASHING TRIXIE

  4. #4
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    So, hand throw the birds. (But I agree that there are more important issues these days. I am getting tired of legislators taking the name a bit too seriously).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    3,010

    Default

    This bill apparently has been around for several years and at the end of every session, it dies....only to be re-introduced in the next session.

    An attorney and a member of the PA Dog Law Advisory Board says that the hunters and sportsmen are well-organized and active and don't let it get very far.
    Eric

    WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

  6. #6
    Senior Member Chuck Ward's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chippewa Falls, Wi.
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    This bill apparently has been around for several years and at the end of every session, it dies....only to be re-introduced in the next session.

    An attorney and a member of the PA Dog Law Advisory Board says that the hunters and sportsmen are well-organized and active and don't let it get very far.
    GOOD! Glad to hear this!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •