The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Yes, there are HRC events in California!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Arnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    151

    Default Yes, there are HRC events in California!

    The Prado Basin HRC has just held its second Spring Hunt Test. Our club is just starting its second year. Even in the people's republic of California there are still some hunters that take their hunting dogs seriously.


    It seems to me that there are more displaced HRC people from outside of California that have moved here and are suffering from HRC withdrawals. To them I would like to extend an invitation to check us out: http://www.pradobasinhrc.com/

  2. #2

    Default

    I would love to join you guys. I am in long beach but plan to train at Prado on the weekends. Someone else from this board gave me some contact info but I have not had a chance to call yet. I will check out the website.

    My pup still needs one more round of shots before I head out to the grounds on a regular basis so I am hoping to be out there weekends towards the end of April. So glad to see active retriever folks in Ca we are definitely rare! I had a trainer in my pups kindergarten class ask me what a hunt test was and she is a professional doing agility and such but had never even heard of the sport.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Dave Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lemoore CA
    Posts
    473

    Default

    I wish it wasn't 4 hours each way for me. Central CA could sure use a retriever club.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Arnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Farrar View Post
    I wish it wasn't 4 hours each way for me. Central CA could sure use a retriever club.
    There's a very active club: http://www.cchrc.com/

    They will be hosting a NAHRA event in Lost Hills in two weeks. I believe you posted on another thread that you are planning to attend. Right now they do not do HRC but they do NAHRA.

    I'm pretty new to the game but I'm hooked so I do all three; NAHRA, AKC & HRC

  5. #5
    Senior Member Arnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awackywabbit View Post
    I would love to join you guys. I am in long beach but plan to train at Prado on the weekends. Someone else from this board gave me some contact info but I have not had a chance to call yet. I will check out the website.

    My pup still needs one more round of shots before I head out to the grounds on a regular basis so I am hoping to be out there weekends towards the end of April. So glad to see active retriever folks in Ca we are definitely rare! I had a trainer in my pups kindergarten class ask me what a hunt test was and she is a professional doing agility and such but had never even heard of the sport.
    Hi Debbie,

    You are more than welcome to join us. PBHRC is essentially a spin off of the Inland Valley Retriever Club. IVRC has a lot of non or casual hunters that mostly run AKC tests though we also run NAHRA. Most if not all the PBHRC members belong to IVRC as well. Check out http://www.inlandvalleyretrieverclub.com/index.html

    We have regular training day/meetings at Prado on the first Saturday of each month. This is a great place to start with your pup.

    Hope to see you there in April.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Dave Farrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lemoore CA
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Yep, I'll be there.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Dave Farrar,
    lim in Visalia where do you train? Can't wait for my pup to get old enough to run test

    Beau

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    The Prado Basin HRC has just held its second Spring Hunt Test. Our club is just starting its second year. Even in the people's republic of California there are still some hunters that take their hunting dogs seriously.


    It seems to me that there are more displaced HRC people from outside of California that have moved here and are suffering from HRC withdrawals. To them I would like to extend an invitation to check us out: http://www.pradobasinhrc.com/

    Great job with the website Arnie!
    How The West was Won ( Colt)
    Delilahs Addicted to Mischief ( Delilah) My Jammin little girl
    Extreme Dixies Rebel Yell ( Dixie ) JH
    Dawsons Little Sable (Sable) 12 /08 - 5/14 , We'll hunt again someday girl.

    St. Thomas, the great doctor and theologian, warns about the proper use of animals, lest they appear at the final Judgment against us: and God himself will take vengeance on all who misuse his creatures.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Hi Debbie,

    You are more than welcome to join us. PBHRC is essentially a spin off of the Inland Valley Retriever Club. IVRC has a lot of non or casual hunters that mostly run AKC tests though we also run NAHRA. Most if not all the PBHRC members belong to IVRC as well. Check out http://www.inlandvalleyretrieverclub.com/index.html

    We have regular training day/meetings at Prado on the first Saturday of each month. This is a great place to start with your pup.

    Hope to see you there in April.
    I will try to make it out that Saturday. I'd like to get the pup swimming in one of the ponds and meet everyone. Looking forward to many fun years of training with him it's been years since I was out there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •