The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: What happened in Colorado's gun control Congress yesterday?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default What happened in Colorado's gun control Congress yesterday?

    Haven't done any extensive research into it, but near as I can tell that state is no longer part of America. They have all gone along with the socialists of Europe. Too bad, that state was at one time a great place to live and visit, but much like California and New York, the Democrats and Marxists will continue making it into a total shambles of what it once was.

    But that state's capitulation for the gun control advocates, got me to thinking about what is about to happen in this country. Anarchy can't be very far off, and I wonder what I'm going to do??? I suspect I will be in the same ball park as this writer when he postulated back in January:

    Dean Garrison(born 1955) is a contemporary American author and crime fiction novelist. He was born in Michigan , grew up in the Indiana , Illinois and Texas , and received his B.A. degree from Ferris State University in Big Rapids, Michigan . Garrison is a Crime Scene Technician in West Michigan . His research in the fields of crime scene investigation is widely published in forensic journals under the name "D.H. Garrison, Jr."

    Subject: If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?


    Posted on January 3, 2013 by Dean Garrison


    I feel a tremendous responsibility to write this article though I am a little apprehensive. Thinking about the possibility of rising up against our own government is a frightening thing for many of us. I am not Johnny Rambo and I will be the first to admit that I do not want to die. The reason I feel compelled to write this, however, is simply because I don’t think the average American is equipped with the facts. I feel that a lot of American citizens feel like they have no choice but to surrender their guns if the government comes for them. I blame traditional media sources for this mass brainwash and I carry the responsibility of all small independent bloggers to tell the truth. So my focus today is to lay out your constitutional rights as an American, and let you decide what to do with those rights.


    About a month ago I let the “democracy” word slip in a discussion with a fellow blogger. I know better. Americans have been conditioned to use this term. It’s not an accurate term and it never has been a correct term to describe our form of government. The truth is that the United States of America is a constitutional republic. This is similar to a democracy because our representatives are selected by democratic elections, but ultimately our representatives are required to work within the framework of our constitution. In other words, even if 90% of Americans want something that goes against our founding principles, they have no right to call for a violation of constitutional rights.


    If you are religious you might choose to think of it this way… Say that members of your congregation decide that mass fornication is a good thing. Do they have the right to change the teachings of your God? The truth is the truth. It doesn’t matter how many people try to stray from it. Did I just compare our founders to God? In a way I did, but please note that I am not trying to insult anyone. For the purpose of the American Government our constitution and founders who wrote it are much like God is to believers. It is the law. It is indisputable.

    Our founders did not want a “democracy” for they feared a true democracy was just as dangerous as a monarchy. The founders were highly educated people who were experienced in defending themselves against tyranny. They understood that the constitution could protect the people by limiting the power of anyone to work outside of it much better than a pure system of popularity. A system of checks and balances was set up to help limit corruption of government and also the potential for an “immoral majority” developing within the American People. We have forgotten in this country that we are ultimately ruled by a constitution.

    Why is a democracy potentially just as dangerous as a monarchy? Let’s look at something that Benjamin Franklin said because it answers that question more fully and succinctly than I can. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin Even 230+ years ago our founders were perceptive enough to realize that democracy was a dangerous form of government. How so? Because the citizens of a country can become just as corrupt as any government. We have seen evidence of this throughout history. Ask Native Americans and African-Americans if this population can become corrupt.


    I think in 2012 we are seeing evidence of what Franklin was trying to tell us. Just because a majority of people may support certain ideas it does not mean that those ideas are just. In simple terms, just because most Americans love our president and voted for him, it does not mean that he has the power to go against our constitutional rights.

    Next I’d like to review the text of the second amendment. It is very clear. This is the law of this land. So when Senator Feinstein or President Obama talk about taking your guns, you need to think about something. Are they honoring their sworn oath to uphold the constitution?

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State , the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. This is a pretty clear statement. The fact is that it took 232 years for the Supreme Court to even rule on this amendment because it has never been successfully challenged. In 2008 a case of Columbia v. Heller the Supreme Court ruled that a handgun ban in Washington D.C. was unconstitutional. One also has to take this into consideration. The Supreme Court supports your right to own guns. If you want to research this decision further you can start here.


    For those who try to debate the spirit of the 2nd amendment, they are truly no different from people who will try to take Biblical quotes out of context to try to support their immoral decisions. The founders were very clear on the intent of the 2nd amendment. Let me share a few quick quotes here: The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson


    Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence … From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good. -George Washington

    The Constitution shall never be construed….to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -Samuel Adams

    I could find hundreds of quotes like these. This country was built on the right to bear arms. It was built on the rights of an individual to bear arms, regardless of what his government or neighbor happened to think. This is crystal clear. Ironically the people who voice their opinions against this right have their free speech protected by your guns. Without guns in this country, all other amendments become null and void, simply because “We the People” will lose our power of enforcement.


    We need to keep this in mind as our “representatives” try to push gun bans. I don’t care if 99% of people are in support of gun bans (which is far from the case), it is a violation of our constitutional rights, plain and simple. A constitutional republic protects the rights of the individual even when their ideas are very much in the minority. If I were the only person in America who believed in the 2nd amendment, I would still be within my rights to call upon it. You would all think I was insane and possibly celebrate if I was gunned down, but in the end I would be the only true American among us.



    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,340

    Default

    60 yr old native of this state of Colorado,,and I can truly say I am very ashamed of it!!

    Colorado, and its Western heritage is gone!!

    For you that hunt out of state, and come here,, dont support this bunch of despot legislators with you licence purchase.. I will no longer purchase a hunting licence in Colorado.


    I have to buy a State parks pass if I want to continue to train my pooch though..

    We are trying very hard to leave this state..

    I am a very SAD camper...

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Garrison, cont'd

    Our framers were very clear on this. If my government comes to take my guns, they are violating one of my constitutional rights that is covered by the 2nd amendment. It is not my right, at that point, but my responsibility to respond in the name of liberty. What I am telling you is something that many are trying to soft sell, and many others have tried to avoid putting into print, but I am going to say it.

    The time for speaking in code is over.


    If they come for our guns then it is our constitutional right to put them six feet under. You have the right to kill any representative of this government who tries to tread on your liberty. I am thinking about self-defense and not talking about inciting a revolution. Re-read Jefferson ’s quote. He talks about a “last
    resort.” I am not trying to start a Revolt, I am talking about self-defense. If the day for Revolution comes, when no peaceful options exist, we may have to talk about that as well. None of us wants to think about that, but please understand that a majority cannot take away your rights as an American citizen. Only you can choose to give up your rights.


    Congress could pass gun ban legislation by a 90%+ margin and it just would not matter. I think some people are very unclear on this. This is the reason we have a Supreme Court, and though I do not doubt that the Supreme Court can also become corrupt, in 2008 they got it right. They supported the Constitution. It does not matter what the majority supports because America is not a democracy. A constitutional republic protects the rights of every single citizen, no matter what their “elected servants” say. A majority in America only matters when the constitution is not in play.



    I just wrote what every believer in the Constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our Constitution.



    Most of the articles I am reading on the subject are trying to give you clues without just coming out and saying it. I understand that because certain things in this country will get you on a list that you don’t want to be on. I may well be on that list. This blog is small and growing so I may not be there yet, but I have dreams. I also have my own list of subversives and anyone who attempts to deny my constitutional rights is on that list.



    I am not the “subversive” here, it is the political representatives who are threatening to take away my inalienable rights. If they come to take my guns and I leave a few of them wounded or dead, and I somehow survive, I have zero doubt that I will spend a long time in prison and may face an execution. But I would much rather be a political prisoner than a slave.



    If I go down fighting then I was not fighting to harm these human beings. I was simply defending my liberty and yours. It is self-defense and it is what our country was built on. We won our freedom in self-defense. We would not be ruled by a tyrannical government in the 1770
    s and we will not be ruled in 2012 by a tyrannical government. There is no difference. This is a case of right and wrong. As of now the 2nd amendment stands. It has never been repealed. If Feinstein or Obama have a problem with the constitution then they should be removed from office. They are not defending the Constitution which they have sworn an oath to protect. It is treasonous to say the least.


    They would likely say the same about me, but I have the Constitution, the founders, and the supreme court on my side. They only have their inflated egos. I am not writing this to incite people. I am writing this in hopes that somehow I can make a tiny difference. I have no idea how many of my neighbors have the will to defend their constitutional rights. 2%? 20%? I am afraid that 20% is a high number, unfortunately. When push comes to shove many people may give up and submit to being ruled. I believe that our government is banking on this.



    I would hope that our officials come to realize that, regardless of our numbers, we still exist because they are calling Patriotic Americans to action. They are making us decide if we want to die free or submit to their rule. I cannot tell you where you should stand on that. I do know that it may make the difference between living a life of freedom or slavery. You must start thinking about this because I believe that the day is coming soon and I personally believe it has already been planned. Not all conspiracy theories are hogwash. They may throw down the gauntlet soon and my suggestion is
    that you prepare yourself to react. I mean no disrespect to our elected officials but they need to understand that “We the People” will not be disarmed. If they proceed then it is they that are provoking us and we will act accordingly. We are within our rights to do so.


    For those who are in support of taking the guns, you need to ask yourself a very important question, and I am not just talking about the politicians, because if you support them, you have chosen your side. Are you willing to die to take my guns?



    Through regulations, taxation, inflation of the money supply, trade restrictions, and tethers on private associations, government itself is nothing but a massive drain on prosperity. The situation has become deeply dangerous for the future of freedom in America, with young people unable to find jobs, opportunities being destroyed in sector after sector, banks and corporations living on the dole, and so many regulations that we are living under something nearly as egregious as Soviet-style central planning.



    "Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him --- better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford



















    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  4. #4
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    2,100

    Default

    My wife and I both were born and raised in Colorado as were our parents. We left the state in 1986 as we were sick and tired of the California influx into the state. We saw this liberal mess happening years ago. Eventually the state was taken over by Liberal Democrates and then followed by the legalization of 'grass' and now this crazy gun law. I no longer admit to being a native of Colorado....and will never go back!

    We all better wake up of this will continue accross the country! The USA is the last place on earth to be free and we are letting it die!

    God help us all....
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 03-12-2013 at 04:07 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Do you think Magpul will fallow through with their threat to leave the state?

  6. #6
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    60 yr old native of this state of Colorado,,and I can truly say I am very ashamed of it!!

    Colorado, and its Western heritage is gone!!

    For you that hunt out of state, and come here,, dont support this bunch of despot legislators with you licence purchase.. I will no longer purchase a hunting licence in Colorado.


    I have to buy a State parks pass if I want to continue to train my pooch though..

    We are trying very hard to leave this state..

    I am a very SAD camper...

    Gooser
    You know Michael, if I hadnt committed to go on an archery elk hunt with Stan this fall, I would seriously consider not buying a OOS hunting tag @ 575.00

    I visited a local gun store when I was in Durango last week and shocked to see it well stocked with everything from AR style rifles to a very nice 20 gauge 1100 that got fondled by myself and another brother

    I hate to punish an entire state because if I dont buy a Colorado license, then by principle we shouldnt run the FT that we have supported in the past...the same goes for California...
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #7
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,340

    Default

    So what changes the culture Mr Mallari?

    the Majority of the people in this state voted these loosers in office!
    The only thing they understand us their pathetic job, or revenue.
    Sooner or later we have to draw a line in the sand and dare em to cross it.

    gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  8. #8
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,340

    Default

    Will it be my attitude or theirs that hurt the people of this state?
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    You know Michael, if I hadnt committed to go on an archery elk hunt with Stan this fall, I would seriously consider not buying a OOS hunting tag @ 575.00

    I visited a local gun store when I was in Durango last week and shocked to see it well stocked with everything from AR style rifles to a very nice 20 gauge 1100 that got fondled by myself and another brother

    I hate to punish an entire state because if I dont buy a Colorado license, then by principle we shouldnt run the FT that we have supported in the past...the same goes for California...
    Bon, I generally respect your stance on things, but you are wrong on this one IMHO. Colorado has passed a law limiting our 2nd Am rights. I grew up in Colorado, have a place out there and hunt there every year. My place is in a trophy area, where I have lots of preferrence points built up. Im liable to draw a bull tag this year, but as long as this law is enacted they will get as little of my money as possible. When the catalogs come out, I will send them a letter saying that I will not hunt there or spend money until my 2nd A rights are ensured. I will hunt and run FT's in states that respect and not limit the 2nd A.


    A message needs to be sent. There are other options for you and Stan. You should hunt in one of the Rocky Mountain states that have Wapiti & that respect our 2nd A. IMHO

  10. #10
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    So what changes the culture Mr Mallari?

    the Majority of the people in this state voted these loosers in office!
    The only thing they understand us their pathetic job, or revenue.
    Sooner or later we have to draw a line in the sand and dare em to cross it.

    gooser
    since we are being formal here Mr Baker, you are asking me to boycott your state, a state which until last week had my mother as one of its residents, and now has my brother,SIL, and niece...I have ZERO control over YOUR state politics

    I also made a commitment to Stan, I gave something very important to me, I gave my word

    Do I like Colorado's politics? not when it comes to the 2A, but its unrealistic to ask me to give up seeing my family in any state where I do not agree with their politics. Should I ask someone to not come to Nevada because of Harry Reid
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •