The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: What happened in Colorado's gun control Congress yesterday?

  1. #11
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Bon, I generally respect your stance on things, but you are wrong on this one IMHO. Colorado has passed a law limiting our 2nd Am rights. I grew up in Colorado, have a place out there and hunt there every year. My place is in a trophy area, where I have lots of preferrence points built up. Im liable to draw a bull tag this year, but as long as this law is enacted they will get as little of my money as possible. When the catalogs come out, I will send them a letter saying that I will not hunt there or spend money until my 2nd A rights are ensured. I will hunt and run FT's in states that respect and not limit the 2nd A.


    A message needs to be sent. There are other options for you and Stan. You should hunt in one of the Rocky Mountain states that have Wapiti & that respect our 2nd A. IMHO
    Marc : I feel like your statement deserved its own response in addition to the one I left for Michael..I am sorry if you equate me doing any commerce with the state of Colorado with condoning their politics, sure I can hunt elk in Idaho but the success rate lowers and I owe it to Stan to show him the best hunt for his money based on my past experience and expertise

    Would you like us to boycott Rocky Mtn RC or Pikes Peak, those trials have major sentimental family history

    Do you expect me to limit any commerce with ANY state that does not fit my political agenda...if that were the case then I am working in the wrong state

    I generally fight the battles I can win, I vote in state and local elections and even if my candidate loses I still remember that this is America and there is NO OPTION #2
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  2. #12
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    Mr BON!

    I realize the point about Family....
    Colorado is MY HOME!! All my friends are here, what family I have left is here...
    Its VERY hard for me to have this attitude.

    I remember when I was in my late teens, watching the news, and seeing stories from California that showed huge multi car pile ups on their roads, Gang related drive by shootings, silly laws,, I always axed myself, Why the he!! does them folks live there??

    Her I am now in Colorado, with the very same things, and very sad it has become ths way.
    If you think back to this past election, Gun Control was a topic off the table, it wasnt even discussed... It took a kook in a movie theater, and a madman in a grade school killing kids, the stepping stones to advance a decades long agenda from the left.

    Our Govenor is a turn coat! After the movie incident, he said that making new laws would do nothing, to solve the problem.. He has caved to his constituency to keep his Pathetic job!!

    Colorado is gone! A part of western culture is dead! In my opinion it has happened because of apathetic attitudes.
    I was one of the ones at the state Capitol last week protesting. I was very dis-appointed at the turn out! Sure there were some, but not that many when you consider the importance of these laws... mmany of my lefty gun owning friends are now crying in their beer, in dis-belief as to what has happened.
    The Majority of the people in Colorado Voted for these loosers.... Folks have to understand there are consequences.

    My VOTE is meaningless... My Phone Calls fell on deaf ears, and condescending attitudes. My veiws are not represented here. The only thing left, is Not PARTICIPATE, or leave.. I am DESPERATLY trying to do both, without commiting finacial suicide..
    I MUST leave my HOME.. the Place I grew up... Its very sad for me.

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  3. #13
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Mr BON!

    I realize the point about Family....
    Colorado is MY HOME!! All my friends are here, what family I have left is here...
    Its VERY hard for me to have this attitude.

    I remember when I was in my late teens, watching the news, and seeing stories from California that showed huge multi car pile ups on their roads, Gang related drive by shootings, silly laws,, I always axed myself, Why the he!! does them folks live there??

    Her I am now in Colorado, with the very same things, and very sad it has become ths way.
    If you think back to this past election, Gun Control was a topic off the table, it wasnt even discussed... It took a kook in a movie theater, and a madman in a grade school killing kids, the stepping stones to advance a decades long agenda from the left.

    Our Govenor is a turn coat! After the movie incident, he said that making new laws would do nothing, to solve the problem.. He has caved to his constituency to keep his Pathetic job!!

    Colorado is gone! A part of western culture is dead! In my opinion it has happened because of apathetic attitudes.
    I was one of the ones at the state Capitol last week protesting. I was very dis-appointed at the turn out! Sure there were some, but not that many when you consider the importance of these laws... mmany of my lefty gun owning friends are now crying in their beer, in dis-belief as to what has happened.
    The Majority of the people in Colorado Voted for these loosers.... Folks have to understand there are consequences.

    My VOTE is meaningless... My Phone Calls fell on deaf ears, and condescending attitudes. My veiws are not represented here. The only thing left, is Not PARTICIPATE, or leave.. I am DESPERATLY trying to do both, without commiting finacial suicide..
    I MUST leave my HOME.. the Place I grew up... Its very sad for me.

    Gooser
    Not just Colorado my friend, the America we grew up in, I fought for and love is a thing of the past.
    Stan b & Elvis

  4. #14
    Senior Member MooseGooser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    7,198

    Default

    And you folks in other states that think it wont happen there,,, You better be very careful, it can happen just over night in reality..

    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)


    My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

  5. #15
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    Mr BON!

    I realize the point about Family....
    Colorado is MY HOME!! All my friends are here, what family I have left is here...
    Its VERY hard for me to have this attitude.

    I remember when I was in my late teens, watching the news, and seeing stories from California that showed huge multi car pile ups on their roads, Gang related drive by shootings, silly laws,, I always axed myself, Why the he!! does them folks live there??

    Her I am now in Colorado, with the very same things, and very sad it has become ths way.
    If you think back to this past election, Gun Control was a topic off the table, it wasnt even discussed... It took a kook in a movie theater, and a madman in a grade school killing kids, the stepping stones to advance a decades long agenda from the left.

    Our Govenor is a turn coat! After the movie incident, he said that making new laws would do nothing, to solve the problem.. He has caved to his constituency to keep his Pathetic job!!

    Colorado is gone! A part of western culture is dead! In my opinion it has happened because of apathetic attitudes.
    I was one of the ones at the state Capitol last week protesting. I was very dis-appointed at the turn out! Sure there were some, but not that many when you consider the importance of these laws... mmany of my lefty gun owning friends are now crying in their beer, in dis-belief as to what has happened.
    The Majority of the people in Colorado Voted for these loosers.... Folks have to understand there are consequences.

    My VOTE is meaningless... My Phone Calls fell on deaf ears, and condescending attitudes. My veiws are not represented here. The only thing left, is Not PARTICIPATE, or leave.. I am DESPERATLY trying to do both, without commiting financial suicide..
    I MUST leave my HOME.. the Place I grew up... Its very sad for me
    .



    Gooser

    Michael: I disagree, your vote is not meaningless, and by leaving the state you let them win, its still your state, its still your home....of course I am a pragmatist and not an ideologist
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  6. #16
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Michael: I disagree, your vote is not meaningless, and by leaving the state you let them win, its still your state, its still your home....of course I am a pragmatist and not an ideologist
    When an incredible amount of "useful idiots" vote for Democrats due to a small meaningless gifts, the entire process is rendered meaningless.
    Stan b & Elvis

  7. #17
    Senior Member HuntClub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington County, Mn
    Posts
    148

    Default

    A vote, any vote for any candidate, should not threaten liberty as set forth by the law of our country, the Constitution. The evolution of our society into a dumb, dependent mob, who's thought of liberty resides in the freedom to get something for nothing, should still not usurp the Constitution. A policitian supporting ANYTHING in defiance of any constituional article, regardless of the wishes of their constituency, is in violation of their oath of office. Legal action should be taken to remove these figures for any office. So a vote for a candidate for office, fundamentally, should have no effect on our liberties. The threat that exists is that our population doesn't understand this and our elected figures are taking advantage of this and are unchecked in doing so.

  8. #18
    Senior Member HuntClub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington County, Mn
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Going even further in order to protect our liberty, any person that votes for a bill, and any person that signs a bill into law which is later challenged judicially and found unconstitutional should be eject from held office and subjected to criminal penalty. This would put the onus on the lawmakers to carefully craft and consider bills and help eliminate the willy nilly assualt on the constitution as we are seeing today. Look, living in a truly free society is inherently more dangerous than living in other types of societies that are not truly free. The criminal element has more space and freedom to operate. The trend in our society is for people to hold one hand out to the government pleading for protection while offering their freedom as payment in the other. I am willing and able to provide my own protection and the protection for those i love and the protection for those who cannot protect themselves. Our population is willing to give up liberty, and the only way to prevent this is to demand that our leaders abide by their oath and support the constitution as promised.

  9. #19
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    Going even further in order to protect our liberty, any person that votes for a bill, and any person that signs a bill into law which is later challenged judicially and found unconstitutional should be eject from held office and subjected to criminal penalty. This would put the onus on the lawmakers to carefully craft and consider bills and help eliminate the willy nilly assualt on the constitution as we are seeing today. Look, living in a truly free society is inherently more dangerous than living in other types of societies that are not truly free. The criminal element has more space and freedom to operate. The trend in our society is for people to hold one hand out to the government pleading for protection while offering their freedom as payment in the other. I am willing and able to provide my own protection and the protection for those i love and the protection for those who cannot protect themselves. Our population is willing to give up liberty, and the only way to prevent this is to demand that our leaders abide by their oath and support the constitution as promised.
    Outstanding first 2 posts.

    Of course the problem with you assertions is this; WHO will do this?

    All 4 branches of the Govt are in Obama's pocket.

    Executive
    Legislative
    Judicial
    NEWS media

    Who will stop what's going on?

    As I stated, the voter gives his or her vote away for a trinket.

    A BC pill, a cell phone, more food stamps???

    Really??

    That's all America is worth to these people?

    Idiocracy is here.....NOW!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 03-13-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  10. #20
    Senior Member HuntClub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington County, Mn
    Posts
    148

    Default

    The application of those ideas is truly the problem which is not easily solved. It seems there needs to be a fundamental change in the attitude of the population. Maybe this will only happen when the anti american faction residing in Washington oversteps their oath so far as to obviously demonstrate their freedom stiffling position in a way even the dumbed down population can recognize. What that overreach will be, i have no idea.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •