The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened in Colorado's gun control Congress yesterday?

I will add that we can start with trying to remove any democrat from office. Why? Because, by definition, their platform is big government. The major restraint of big government is essentially the constitution. Logically, it follows that an agenda that promotes big government is also an agenda that will press the boundaries of the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    I will add that we can start with trying to remove any democrat from office. Why? Because, by definition, their platform is big government. The major restraint of big government is essentially the constitution. Logically, it follows that an agenda that promotes big government is also an agenda that will press the boundaries of the constitution.
    Ha! The dims on this forum are going to LOVE this post! Anyone remember them saying stuff along the lines, "the idea that they want to take our guns is ridiculous" or "being a dim is not counter to being a hunter, that just stupid"?
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by HuntClub View Post
    The application of those ideas is truly the problem which is not easily solved. It seems there needs to be a fundamental change in the attitude of the population. Maybe this will only happen when the anti american faction residing in Washington oversteps their oath so far as to obviously demonstrate their freedom stiffling position in a way even the dumbed down population can recognize. What that overreach will be, i have no idea.
    But WHO will do this?
    As we stand by and let the obedient idiots let their arms be taken.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Ha! The dims on this forum are going to LOVE this post! Anyone remember them saying stuff along the lines, "the idea that they want to take our guns is ridiculous" or "being a dim is not counter to being a hunter, that just stupid"?
    Yes, I posted this HERE some time ago and got ridiculed.
    I searched for it and can't find it yet.

But I predicted that would happen, just not this fast.

I also predicted (and still predict) a fight is coming.
    If you think Obama is gonna leave quietly, you are mistaken.
    He will do everything conceivable to remain in office for a 3rd term!

Mark it down.
    Stan b & Elvis

Jose Serrano (D-NY) want to end term limits for presidents, I think he has brought it up a couple of times. It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by sick lids View Post
    Jose Serrano (D-NY) want to end term limits for presidents, I think he has brought it up a couple of times. It could happen.
    Also hear talk that Michelle Obama may run for office after his term is up. After all...she's no less qualified than he was. Truly scary thought.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Also hear talk that Michelle Obama may run for office after his term is up. After all...she's no less qualified than he was. Truly scary thought.
    Sounds about right, we already have seen what an idiot son can do, can't imagine the idiot wife could be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Sounds about right, we already have seen what an idiot son can do, can't imagine the idiot wife could be much worse.
    "Idiot?"
    Classy..................
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "Idiot?"
    Classy..................
    Is the word taboo? I could have swore you use the same word in a number of your posts, including one today.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Is the word taboo? I could have swore you use the same word in a number of your posts, including one today.
    I referenced "useful idiots."

Useful idiot

In political jargon, useful idiot is a pejorative term for people perceived as propagandists for a cause whose goals they do not understand, and who are used cynically by the leaders of the cause.

You were quite personal in your use towards a former President.
    I defy you to find a post where I have ever called a sitting or former President any deragotory names..............

If you truly can't see the difference, my sincere apologies to you.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-13-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis