The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What happened in Colorado's gun control Congress yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I referenced "useful idiots."

You were quite personal in your use towards a former President.
    I defy you to find a post where I have ever called a sitting or former President any deragotory names..............

If you truly can't see the difference, my sincere apologies to you.
    Stan you are the one that called a former Vice President a "pathological baffoon" right? I must say I agree with you on that one, however I fail to see how I am being "to personal" while your quote was "classy".

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Stan you are the one that called a former Vice President a "pathological baffoon" right? I must say I agree with you on that one, however I fail to see how I am being "to personal" while your quote was "classy".
    Stan employs a double standard, that you MUST abide by!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I respect Stan, enjoy reading his posts and agree with about 80% of his politics, but in this case Stan does employ a double standard.

I have to say that although I think obama is a total jackass (or perhaps more descriptively an anal orifice) and an evil person who should never have been elected, I certainly don't think that he is an idiot. I believe that the he has an agenda and a vision. I believe that he is doing all the things that we don't think are appropriate willfully and actually with "malice afore thought". Not an idiot. Not stupid. (perhaps not the smartest person in government, but not actually stupid.) I also have no problem in being pretty personal in my criticism of any elected official or for that matter any other civil servant who forgets for whom he works.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Yes I did, here is the post:

We are supposed to BELEIVE this Guy??
    He is a pathological baffoon!!

World
    Al Gore Gets It Wrong at Copenhagen Talks Dana Chivvis
    Contributor
    (Dec. 15) -- It is an inconvenient time for Al Gore to be fudging numbers on global climate change.

With the specter of the "Climategate" e-mails hanging ominously over the Copenhagen climate change summit, the former vice president told a crowd there on Monday that one scientist had predicted the polar ice cap would have no summer ice in five to seven years.

"These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr. Maslowski that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years," Gore told the audience.

But the scientist Gore quoted, Dr. Wieslaw Maslowski of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterrey, Calif., told the Times of London that he never said such a thing.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Maslowski told the Times. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."
    The scientist said Gore's statement about the pole being "completely ice-free" was not in line with his current predictions, which are dramatic enough without being pumped up. Maslowski said his research shows 80 percent of the north polar ice will melt in the next six years, but he expects some ice to remain beyond the year 2020.

In an email to Sphere, Maslowski added that if the Arctic melting trend of the last 15 years continues, the "main reduction of sea ice volume may take place within the next five to seven years," which would affect the global climate.

Gore's office later admitted to the Times that the figures weren't actually all that "fresh," but were instead based on a conversation Gore had had with Maslowski several years ago.

Regardless of the confusing details, most climate scientists agree that human activity has contributed to rising temperatures. But the credibility of that consensus was undermined last month when critics released thousands of e-mail exchanges, some of which gave the impression that scientists were massaging figures and trying to silence skeptics of anthropogenic global warming.

Filed under: Nation, World, Science
    2009 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.

So, I guess this makes it OK for you guys to call Bush names.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-14-2013 at 02:42 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I have to say that although I think obama is a total jackass (or perhaps more descriptively an anal orifice) and an evil person who should never have been elected, I certainly don't think that he is an idiot. I believe that the he has an agenda and a vision. I believe that he is doing all the things that we don't think are appropriate willfully and actually with "malice afore thought". Not an idiot. Not stupid. (perhaps not the smartest person in government, but not actually stupid.) I also have no problem in being pretty personal in my criticism of any elected official or for that matter any other civil servant who forgets for whom he works.
    I agree with most of what you say.............the thing is (according to my thinking anyway ) that a smart person would not try to destroy this country. I'm pretty sure that is what he is trying to do. He seems to be the product of our modern educational system and unable to think and reason things out for himelf. His problem is the same as many of those who voted for him............can't reason things out.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    What standard do you "employ?"
    Stan b & Elvis