The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: where is the younger crowd? they are missing out!

I like being 20 years younger then my dog friends.

Wingman
    I started scatter creek retriever club with the help of my young board last year. I welcome new ideas even ideas that have been Tried before just because an idea didn't work before doesn't mean it won't work with more effort and persistence. See this
    Game is full of lots of different folks mostly older some burned out some lazy some willing and some with the cant do attitude and some there for the sport ready to get it done. This sport needs more young guys like your self and slowly but surely I'm seeing more young folks jumping in with both feet and its very nice to see this.
    Scattercreekretrieverclub.com is on FB also. we post what's happening with club.

Solicit Youngins Door to Door like the Mormans. Make sure to bring a check cord.
    A cold nose feels good on a hot day.....
    Majestic Oaks Liberty Belle JH

Our two clubs have long had web sites, which saw little traffic (despite being kept up to date). We are "trying" FB for our spring events. We have posted event info, invited others to subscribe to the event and will use it to post callbacks, telling folks to turn on notifications (and instrux on how to do it) so they receive info on their phones. Theoretically the advantages are that the callbacks can be posted by any of the several admins and thus not have the burden fall to one person. Will let you know how it works out!
    Josie Ottman

"Life is always a rich and steady time when you are waiting for something to happen or to hatch," E.B. White, Charlotte's Web

www.RetrieverResults.com -- points, profiles and perspective.
    New reports on Qualifiers and Entrants for National Open, National Amateur, Master National and Canadian National and Canadian National Amateur.

Our club in Southern Idaho ( TVHRC)has a FB page, and both young and old use it. I think it's a good medium to use to show the newbies where to find the info. When I moved back to Idaho in '09, it was the first place I searched to find a club. If you want to check it out it's https://www.facebook.com/groups/133729418736/
    ~Willie Alderson

"Drake" Willey's Drake Seeker Supreme MH

"Roxi" Alder Creeks Riparian Roxi

A local lab club (PSLRA) seems to have a successful and well used FB page. Lots of member brags and photos. Announcements are regularly made. I'd say it's a successful media tool if used logically.

They have a FB page they used for the Grand in Oklahoma this year (UKC), It was cool to see the pics, judges and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by j towne View Post
    Same here, only problem is hearing them say-"you know back in my day we didnt have this and that"

Quote Originally Posted by j towne View Post
    It really seems like the older guys we run with at our club and the extended groups of friends we've made at other clubs enjoy having us young guys around a lot!!!! A lot more of us telling crazy stories, talking about girls (sorry ladies), college, light hearted stuff.... Not the same ole same ole.. Course me being the HT tale gate BBQ cook helps as well!! Everyone wants to be around the camp cook!!
    "Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks, others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
    John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Prairie Pintail
    http://wilsonsretrievers.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gasaway View Post
    At 26 Id imagine Im part of the "younger" crowd as well!
    Still wet behind the ears. I have hunting equipment older than you. I've been married longer than that. Ok this is enough. LOL. Hang in there. You'll be an "older guy" sooner than you think. See you at hunt test soon.