The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A hypothetical day as president……

9 replies and 1 serious one that would actually benefit the country. You have my vote, Stan.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    9 replies and 1 serious one that would actually benefit the country. You have my vote, Stan.-Paul
    Every journey starts with 1 step.
    My first step would be obeying the law and submitting a budget in earnest.

But then, I love America and want whats best for her.
    Stan b & Elvis

even with a week to get set I do not think any of us reading this could do our federal budget in one day.
    I know I would be over my head. But if Stan can, gosh all hemlocks go Man go!!! it does need to happen.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    my own list is not done yet.
    my start.
    9:01 a.m. walk in.
    Eliminate the federal Transportation Safety Agency and all it's pesky shampoo rules. All those private industry travel companies and municipal airports and train places can make and enforce their own. Redeploy all those suddenly unemployed TSA folk instead of firing them to individual states. Working as needed help in prisons and local unemployment offices. If they did their grooping there it would be very productive.
    Eliminate the department of homeland security. Totally redundant waste of everything. Give all of the gear to whatever state it lay in. Absorb all the personal back into US Border patrol or FBI or needed local law enforcement. Again, not firing any man on the street.
    Turn to our Attorney General who I have waiting. Ask for and read the true report of our Mexican gun running scandal.
    Turn to our Secretary of State who I have waiting, with Mrs. Clinton by his side. Ask for and read the true report of our embassy scandal.
    9:45 a.m. 15 min press conference stating what I just did and what I just read. Jack web style just the facts. No questions taken.
    10:00 a.m. coffee in the oval office with General Dempsey Order everybody, every piece of gear, every piece of brass and scrap of metal we lugged, out of Afghanistan starting immediately. Order the instillation of remote detonation devices installed on the jets we are about to sell to those pesky terrorists. Order the close of our Army and Marine bases in Japan, all personal and all the gear. Leave the Navy. Order the redeployment of a bunch of those folk to our friendly neighbor to the south, Mexico. Call President Nieto and let him know we are coming. He is having a bit of a security issue that affects us. We will lend a hand like only we can.
    !0:30 a.m. undo, tell to undo, start the undo, just fricken get rid of..... Obamacare.
    11:00 a.m. meeting with Bill Gates and Mike Astrue (head of social security) Have them eliminate all of the decades worth of redundant buildings, files, processes and total money wasting crap social security has. Get that fricken debt anchor running lean and mean and digital. To save trees, you know?
    !2:00 p.m. Lunch with First Lady. She needs my fashion advise

Congratulations! You just elevated the unemployment rate above 10% (and that's a conservative figure), and invaded a new country!

I like the term "lending aid to", invading sounds so harsh
    and nobody is fired, it is just the job they did is no more
    they will be doing another task.
    Last edited by Ken Bora; 03-13-2013 at 11:46 AM.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

off to work now, I'll think about how I solve all of our social issues in the afternoon of our pretend day and get back to this.

I like the term "lending aid to", invading sounds so harsh
    and nobody is fired, it is just the job they did is no more
    they will be doing another task.
    What are you going to do with all the military personnel? That would be way too large of a standing Army. We don't even have enough bases in this country to house them all.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    What are you going to do with all the military personnel? That would be way too large of a standing Army. We don't even have enough bases in this country to house them all.
    Boarder patrol, School Resource Officers, local law enforcement, ect. Just off the top of my head. Much cheaper to employ them here than in a foreign country.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

off to work now, I'll think about how I solve all of our social issues in the afternoon of our pretend day and get back to this.
    Please, Ken, don't forget to get the drilling permits going, sign off on the XL pipeline, and issue the permits for the CNG export ports to start getting built.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I did not have ________ relations with those women. Ooh there is evidence?