The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A hypothetical day as president……

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Actually the law is that Congress is to prepare and submit a budget to the President.
    Who is the Chairman of the House Budget Committee and where is he from?

just sayin.....&
    just askin.....
    I answered the question in earnest.

Of all the answers on this thread, you take exception with mine.

In your best libertarianesque manner of not offering anything of substance, just criticism.

Then, just for flavor, a double shot of snark.

So, I stand corrected, as President I would have no responsibility or power to produce a passable budget.
    And there would be no way I could excercise any leadership to sit down and get something done.

Well played.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-15-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

kinda bummed more of you did not play
    I would like to see a few of yous day
    mjh or Franco say?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    kinda bummed more of you did not play
    I would like to see a few of yous day
    mjh or Franco say?
    Sorry Ken, no way would I run. I would be too busy trying to hide the fact that I got a whipping in grammar school or that I threw walnuts t the chicken house when I was 6, or that I would always skip school in the afternoon to watch the World series. Nope 1 day would not be long enough to cover up all my indiscretions.

but you would not have to "run" in this. you won a prize.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

So, I stand corrected, as President I would have no responsibility or power to produce a passable budget.

Well played.

psssst! Stan... yes he got a clean takedown on ya but don't tap out yet
    those pesky 2 chambers he pointed out. house vs. senate?
    you can get a submission off of your back by pointing out what one has and what one has not done what task....
    Come On Man

I'd play, but I shouldn't be playing so much hooky from work.

Too big a job for me, even for one day. Even for twenty minutes! Must...grade...papers.......
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    Boarder patrol, School Resource Officers, local law enforcement, ect. Just off the top of my head. Much cheaper to employ them here than in a foreign country.

Some of them could be deployed to work in concert with the border patrol, but that would require an Executive order. Those are evil, remember?

Also, you would force state and local government to hire out of work soldiers as school resource officers and local law enforcement officers? Who funds this? the local and state budgets don't have the money, and the pay for these positions is many times more than military pay. So if the federal government foots the bill you just increased spending. So much for a leaner, more fiscally responsible federal government.....
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Some of them could be deployed to work in concert with the border patrol, but that would require an Executive order. Those are evil, remember?

Also, you would force state and local government to hire out of work soldiers as school resource officers and local law enforcement officers? Who funds this? the local and state budgets don't have the money, and the pay for these positions is many times more than military pay. So if the federal government foots the bill you just increased spending. So much for a leaner, more fiscally responsible federal government.....
    this entire hypothetical is all about executive orders.
    and the person say doing base security in Kandahar, being paid by you and I. Will move to Connecticut to do the same job at a middle school. They are going to be paid anyway until their enlistment time is complete. The savings will be in logistics and equipment costs. Heck the carbon footprint alone will have Al Gore in my camp, wouldent it? And while he may or may not live on or near a Connecticut military base he may move his family in and before you know it be tossing ducks for us over at West Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post

I never said all executive orders are evil, just the ones that try to side-step the constitution.

Again, you're missing the point. The federal government would be able to pay these salaries with the money saved by bringing them home. We wouldn't increase spending a dime, because this would be cheaper than keeping them abroad. We could also keep them on as national guard, in case of a national emergency, and still come out ahead.
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    .......We wouldn't increase spending a dime, because this would be cheaper than keeping them abroad. We could also keep them on as national guard, in case of a national emergency, and still come out ahead.
    ^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^
    and with all the money saved and extra manpower I get to invade (ooops lend aid to) Mexico. Securing the border, stopping ill eagles cold and opening up thousands of jobs for the unfortunate folk needing public assistance and ending the drug war!!!

Poof, in one swell foop!