The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White Smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    RK, save it for the children that have been molested and the cover ups by the Vatican.

One can't make a little humor regarding the Pope but it is alright to trash the POTUS, in your book?
    Point out where I have ever made a personal insult to any President, sitting or otherwise.

You just make stuff up.

The child thing has no place here and at the worst, it is a handful of PEOPLE, nit the Church.

Get a grip.........
    Stan b & Elvis

There are evil men in all aspects of life wouldn't you say Franco? I bet there are even some despicable scientist out there. I would go as far as to say that some scientist lie, cheat, etc. to prove scientific discoveries, i.e. global warming, etc. It is deplorable that any child is ever molested but for you to use that to trash the Catholic faith is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Point out where I have ever made a personal insult to any President, sitting or otherwise.
    You have got to be kidding! Not that I am a fan of Obama's but your posts are filled with hate towards the man.

You just make stuff up.

In you own mind maybe.

The child thing has no place here and at the worst, it is a handful of PEOPLE, nit the Church. It is not a handful, it is very widespread. JUst look at the number of cases in Boston alone! BTW, theroll of this new Pope is to attempt to clean up child abuse within their chruch.

Get a grip.........
    in red....
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

[QUOTE=coachmo;1081730]There are evil men in all aspects of life wouldn't you say Franco? I bet there are even some despicable scientist out there. They don't last long nor get their material published in any credible scientific publications. I would go as far as to say that some scientist lie, cheat, etc. to prove scientific discoveries, i.e. global warming, etc. No different than some Pastors, Imans and other religious folks. That's why many have left the chruch. In Europe, attendence is down over 80% over the last 30 years! In America, down over 50% during the same period. Why would you suppose that is? It is deplorable that any child is ever molested but for you to use that to trash the Catholic faith is just dumb. What is dumb and criminal is their cover ups for so many decades! And, when discovered, there was no punishments for the guilty, just reassignment. [/QUOTE]

red.........
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

You have got to be kidding! Not that I am a fan of Obama's but your posts are filled with hate towards the man.
    in red....
    As usual, you've got nothing..............just make stuff up.

SHOW an EXAMPLE of my personal insult of a President.

Simple request.

This thread is disgraceful.
    Last edited by road kill; 03-13-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    As usual, you've got nothing..............just make stuff up.

SHOW an EXAMPLE of my personal insult of a President.

Simple request.

This thread is disgraceful.
    We've done this before. You denied making hateful post of Hillary, accusing her of basically faking her brian blood clots so she wouldn't have to testify on Bengazi. So, I revived the post and you ignored them! I am not going back to retrieve your old post that disrespects POTUS, because anyone that reads these post knows that you have done so repeatedly!

Franco has every right to criticize the pope personally,he, to every one other than catholics is just a man. I think it is disrespectul though to bear an intellectual smugness to people of faith. The church is in bad shape in Europe due to lack of the Gospel. Its like ol' wormwood said in screwtape letters, if you can't keep them out of church, make them religious and that will suck the life out of them. Thats what happening in Europe and America, the Gospel is not being preached as it used to and churches are shrinking.

To your claim that science and religion are parting ways, i will respectfully disagree. My field of training is biology and there is nothing i have studied or learned that conflicts my view of God (look I capitalizd the G, are you happy Uncle Bill). Science is atheistic at its nature. A good scientist studies to find facts, not to denounce God or to defend Him. People of faith look at the facts and have to see if God can still exist or not. It takes just as much faith to not believe in God as it does to believe in God. Science can answer what am I? how did I get here? What am I doing here? But it can never answer Who am I? It tries to by saying we are just another bag of cells that will seek to make more bags of cells before it dies, but nobody, even atheists believe that.

Why i know apologetics is about as useful sometimes as force fetching a chihuahua, I also feel like it is just as easy for folks to be intellectually smug as it is spiritually smug.
    Last edited by mudminnow; 03-13-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Pope Francis I, the first Jesuit who is from Argentina, I believe he is 75 or 76 years old. Hopefully he will make the appropriate changes. GOOD LUCK to him as he moves forward!!!
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Franco, I believe people of many demoninations are leaving churches and the world is becoming more secular. There is becoming a greater absence of GOD in our everyday lives which leads me to this question for you. Is the world heading in a good direction? It seems to me no.

I beleive in science, not myths.
    Do you beleive a meteorologist is science.