The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: White Smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by coachmo View Post
    Franco, I believe people of many demoninations are leaving churches and the world is becoming more secular. There is becoming a greater absence of GOD in our everyday lives which leads me to this question for you. Is the world heading in a good direction? It seems to me no.
    Without a doubt, yes!

Sure, there are problem areas around the globe and always have been.

Today, we know more about our planet, our universe and man itself. Mankind has made great strides in most sciences from weather to agriculture to medicine. And, it doesn't stop. The future possiblities are limitless once man frees his mind!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by starjack View Post
    Do you beleive a meteorologist is science.
    Meteorology is a science, Meteorologist are prone to mistakes.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

But do they not have to study Meteorology.

In America, down over 50% during the same period. Why would you suppose that is?
    Because they are working three jobs to survive?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

As one who was raised a Catholic by my grandparents I know a little of the church. We do not belong to a formal religion but do not believe it necessary to live a Christian life. As an engineer I know a little of science, possibly as much as a meteorologist . In my life I have seen things happen that say "possibly there is that supreme being". One can only watch the universe to say it's quite a creation. who did that? Anybody here read Hawking?

4% of the priests in the US were involved in molesting children. The subsequent coverup obviously involved more. I feel sorry for those practicing parishioners who have to bear that association. In no case do I believe the higher ups in the church have been properly chastised for their role. JMO

I wish the new Pope success in righting the church - the world could use a role model.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

franco,

Proverbs 9:10 the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. the knowledge of the Holy is understanding.

Isaiah 55:9 as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts higher than your thoughts.

in the example that was lived for us by Jesus twelve men were chosen. one of the twelve was a greedy, hypocrytical, lying, traitor and murderer. that's about 8.333% of the total. i have always figured it's about the same percentage in any "Body of Believers" as it was in Jesus own closest relationships.

i am not Catholic. i do regret harm to children. the harms to these children will never heal. punishment of offenders and justice for the offended can be a small part of the healing process. no one should stand in front of justice regardless of motive.

God is the ultimate libertarian, he allows us the free will to believe whatever we choose.........
    john mccallie

The Catholics have Pope Francis 1. RTF has Pope Pompous Franco The Never Ending
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We've done this before. You denied making hateful post of Hillary, accusing her of basically faking her brian blood clots so she wouldn't have to testify on Bengazi. So, I revived the post and you ignored them! I am not going back to retrieve your old post that disrespects POTUS, because anyone that reads these post knows that you have done so repeatedly!
    You twisted the post to make it suit your needs.

The way you roll.

Having said that, I asked you to point out where I have ever called names or personally insulted a sitting or former President.
    You offer up Hillary Clinton.

Nuff said..............
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Pope Francis I, the first Jesuit who is from Argentina, I believe he is 75 or 76 years old. Hopefully he will make the appropriate changes. GOOD LUCK to him as he moves forward!!!
    x2,
    this note on my facebook news feed from the Dalai Lama's facebook page.........
    Apprised of the election of a new Pope, His Holiness the Dalai Lama lost no time in writing to him to express his congratulations.

“May I offer you my greetings and sense of joy on your historic election as the Pope.”

Acknowledging the new pontiff's historic choice of name, he wrote:

“Although I am not very familiar with many Catholic saints, I do know about St Francis, having visited Assisi and attended inter-religious gatherings there. His discipline, the simplicity of his way of life and his love for all creatures are qualities that I find deeply inspiring. I am moved to know that his is the name you have chosen for your papacy.”

Recalling his cordial meetings with Pope Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI and other Christian brothers and sisters, His Holiness looked forward to meeting the new leader of the Roman Catholic Church:

“I am very pleased to have met and enjoyed friendly conversations with your immediate predecessors and, for the last forty years or so, have participated in fruitful exchanges with my Christian brothers and sisters. I hope that I may have the honour of calling on you too sometime in the near future.”
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    x2,
    this note on my facebook news feed from the Dalai Lama's facebook page.........
    Apprised of the election of a new Pope, His Holiness the Dalai Lama lost no time in writing to him to express his congratulations.

“May I offer you my greetings and sense of joy on your historic election as the Pope.”

Acknowledging the new pontiff's historic choice of name, he wrote:

“Although I am not very familiar with many Catholic saints, I do know about St Francis, having visited Assisi and attended inter-religious gatherings there. His discipline, the simplicity of his way of life and his love for all creatures are qualities that I find deeply inspiring. I am moved to know that his is the name you have chosen for your papacy.”

Recalling his cordial meetings with Pope Paul VI, John Paul II and Benedict XVI and other Christian brothers and sisters, His Holiness looked forward to meeting the new leader of the Roman Catholic Church:

“I am very pleased to have met and enjoyed friendly conversations with your immediate predecessors and, for the last forty years or so, have participated in fruitful exchanges with my Christian brothers and sisters. I hope that I may have the honour of calling on you too sometime in the near future.”
    Thanks for the post Ken. I'm sure I will never see that on the news.