The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Well... This should seal the fate of NY's Safe-Act

Default Well... This should seal the fate of NY's Safe-Act

Not sure what your point is. Would you care to elaborate?
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Of course those who agree with the Safe-act will use this as another "I told you so" moment...Since all the facts in this case are not in the open yet, we have to reserve judgement....this could be totally legal gun ownership EVEN under the safe act...

The biggest problem with the safe act is that the Governor RAMMED it down our throats and through the legislature and the way it was done was WRONG!

Killing people is WRONG no matter how it is done....That is the crime..not that the man or any of us OWN a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Not sure what your point is. Would you care to elaborate?
    Well Hugh, It's my opinion that this nonsensical closed door legislation that was shoved down our throats without any public debate will be further empowered by yet another nut job that chose a gun as his tool for revenge / notoriety / to silence the voices in his head or whatever the hell his malady is and the chances of defeating or altering the bill in any meaningful way are surely gone now, resulting in honest law abiding gun owners in NY loosing yet another chunk of their liberty as a result. How's that? (for a run on sentence)

Danny
    Last edited by DSO; 03-14-2013 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if you thought, since these killings were apparently performed using a shotgun, that they would reinforce the legislation or perhaps give its opponents ammunition to have it repealed. I usually consider the expression "seal the fate of........" as meaning that something no longer stands a chance which is why I wasn't too sure what you meant.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't sure if you thought, since these killings were apparently performed using a shotgun, that they would reinforce the legislation or perhaps give its opponents ammunition to have it repealed. I usually consider the expression "seal the fate of........" as meaning that something no longer stands a chance which is why I wasn't too sure what you meant.

Got ya... Probably should have said NY gun owners fate is sealed. This is bad no matter how you slice it.

Danny