The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republican Rand Paul

Default Republican Rand Paul

Rand Paul CPAC Speech: Senator Claims 'The GOP Of Old Has Grown Stale'
    The Huffington Post | By Luke Johnson Posted: 03/14/2013 2:33 pm EDT | Updated: 03/14/2013 3:52 pm EDT

. Sen. Rand Paul ( R -Ky.) called for a new Republican Party in his speech at CPAC Thursday, a rebuke to the previous speaker, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), who said the GOP did not need new ideas.

"The GOP of old has grown stale and moss covered. I don't think we need to name any names, do we?"

"The new GOP will need to embrace liberty in both the economic and the personal sphere. if we're going to have a Republican Party that can win, liberty needs to be the backbone of the GOP."

Minutes before, Rubio said, "We don't need a new idea. There is an idea: The idea is called America, and it still works."

Paul is the rock star of the moment coming off his 13-hour filibuster of CIA director nominee John Brennan in protest of President Barack Obama's civil liberties policies. "Stand With Rand" posters are everywhere at the convention, and conservative pols are being asked by interviewers whether they "stand with Rand."

In his speech, Paul introduced a slew of issues that Republicans don't normally talk about, or at least Republicans with 2016 ambitions.

"The president at one time respected civil liberties, but then he signed a law on indefinite detention."

"Ask the Facebook generation whether we should put a kid in jail for the nonviolent crime of drug use and you'll hear a resounding 'no'," he said to huge applause.

"Ask the Facebook generation if they want to bail out too-big-to-fail banks with their tax dollars and you'll hear a 'hell, no,'" he said.

Paul hit predictable conservative erogenous zones on balancing the budget, the sequester and waste, fraud and abuse in the federal government.

Still, he unleashed excitement as the party looks for a figure in the aftermath of the 2012 defeat.

"Now I was told I only get 10 measly minutes. But just in case I brought 13 hours of information," he said, with binders on tables next to him.

"Don't drone me, bro!" shouted a member of the crowd.

This is a rapidly rising star in the Republican Party!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This is a rapidly rising star in the Republican Party!!!
    What about the squeaky mouse, Eric Cantor? Where do you see him in 4-8 years?
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

If it were up the CPAC attendees, Ron Paul would be President. Since RP has won the vote at CPAC the last couple of years.

"
    The new GOP will need to embrace liberty in both the Economic and the Personal sphere. If we're going to have a Republican party that can win, liberty needs to be the backbone of the GOP. We must... we must have a message that is broad, our vision must be broad, and that vision must be based on freedom. There are millions of Americans, young and old, native and immigrant, black, white and brown, who simply seek to live free, to practice a religion, free to choose where their kids go to school, free to choose their own health care, free to keep the fruits of their labor, free to live without government being constantly on their back. I will stand for them. I will stand for you.... I will stand for our prosperity and our freedom, and I ask everyone who stands for liberty to stand with me." - Rand Paul
    "

Looks like a pretty strong Libertarian message to me! Give the man credit, he is still trying to work within the broken two party system, which he will do until the establishment backs Rubio in 2015. Then, he'll represent the real party of Liberty because there is no way in hades will the GOP establishment support a Libertarian agenda which Rand is saying they should.

Does anyone think the GOP will support;
    Limited military intervention?
    Gay marriage?
    The end of the War On Drugs?
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments?
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses?
    A Balanced Budget Amendment?
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve?
    The Gold Standard?

Of course they won't!

Funny how the word Liberty was never a part of the Repub lexicon until RP came along.
    Last edited by Franco; 03-14-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Originally Posted by road kill

I think McCain and Graham PROVED beyond any reasonable doubt what they realy are.
    And it ain't in line with me...................

Those guys are progressives, and are so far to the left they could not have been Democrats in the 60's.
    Yet the republican party still nominated McCain (a multiple time gop primary loser) to the 2008 pres election, and Romney (a multiple time gop primary loser) to the 2012 pres election - each multiple time losers within their own party. All because of the rep chronies unable to change.
    The tea party branch of the republican party and the libertarian branch becoming apparent within the republican party are a result of the dissapointment of old school chronies that exist and run the gop.
    Times are changing within the gop and a swing of beliefs and associated policies to shrink big gov and protect the constitution are gaining nationwide support.

The above is from another thread.
    RP is a Republican who has strong libertarian views. Very much needed in the rep party along with getting rid of the chronyism bs, which is why they have lsot the last two elections.

I don't care what he is called. I like him. If he can turn the big boat, I'll take a chance again and vote on the GOP.

But if, Bond-style, he flings himself over the rail and jumps into a waiting cigar boat... Well, that's pretty sexy politics. How can a girl resist?
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Limited military intervention? YES
    Gay marriage? [I]NO[/I]
    The end of the War On Drugs? NO
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments? YES
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses? NO
    A Balanced Budget Amendment? YES
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve? YES
    The Gold Standard? YES

My .02

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

Limited military intervention? Yes they are growing weary and tired of losing their sons and daughters
    Gay marriage? NEVER
    The end of the War On Drugs? Yes but will not legalize Pot
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments? Yes
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses? Highly doubt it
    A Balanced Budget Amendment? Yes because they have no choice
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve? Not sure
    The Gold Standard? Not sure

Of course they won't!
    My answers in purple
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by ripline View Post
    Limited military intervention? YES
    Gay marriage? [I]NO[/I]
    The end of the War On Drugs? NO
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments? YES
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses? NO
    A Balanced Budget Amendment? YES
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve? YES
    The Gold Standard? YES

My .02
    As much power as military contractors weild over the GOP, I seriously doubt that the GOP would adopt a policy of limited military intervention. They may say so, but they won't deliver on it.

Rand wants to get the gov out of the marriage buisness by making the Tax Code gender neutral. As well as simplfying the tax code.

No way will the GOP ever give up on the War On Drugs, so I agree with you.

Foreign Aid is our way of paying cash tributes for peace. With the way we like to meddle in world affairs, I doubt they would support this.

Oil companies own the GOP. Rand may want to get the subsidies but the establishment would never let him. Interesting is the amount of support oil companies are giving to Obama. Domestic drilling, exploration and production was at an alltime high in 2012 and still growing.

I seriously doubt the GOP would support a Balanced Budget. Just this week they proposed a budget that would grow the deficit by another 5 - 7 TRILLION and doesn't include a BALANCED budget until 2024. By then, the Deficit could in the 25-30 TRILLION range.

The Fed Res and Fiat money system of ours allows for big government spending/deficit spending. Not to mention the billions reeped on Wall St because of all the funny money. The GOP would never support ending the Fed or the Gold Standard.

My .02
    Last edited by Franco; 03-14-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

More on Rand from CPAC via talkingpointsmemo.com

Pema Levy2:02 PM EDT, Thursday March 14, 2013Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Thursday outlined the basics of a budget plan he will release this month to balance the budget in five years. Rep. Paul Ryan's (R-WI) budget released this week attempts to acomplish that goal in 10 years.
    "My budget eliminates the Department of Education," Paul said at Conservative Political Action Conference to much applause.
    He continued: "My five-year budget will create millions of jobs by cutting the corporate income tax in half by creating a flat personal income tax of 17 percent and cutting the regulations that are strangling American business. The only stimulus ever proven to work is leaving more money in the hands of those who earned it."

Balancing the budget in 3 years is more to my liking.

No! he is a constitutionally minded Republican, on that I can cast my vote for , running in the party I choose In our two party system.
    No chance of voting for a third party candidate that doesn't have a realistic chance in hell to win, so therefore my vote goes automatically to the side I definitely don't want in office.
    I,ll stand with Rand and the Republican Party.

Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"