The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Republican Rand Paul

Does anyone think the GOP will support;
    Limited military intervention? If turning the other cheek so that 9-11 happens over and over again never!
    Gay marriage? Marriage no, civil unions yes, however privately owned companies would not have to extend benefits if they don't want to.
    The end of the War On Drugs? Decriminalize, legalize pot and tax it up to current street prices. I don't think pot is a gate way drug any more than masturbation leads to rape.
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments? I wish someone could explain this one to me, I can't imagine how this helps us.
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses? It is essential that there be some subsidies, I'll agree that there should be benefits to all Americans for anything to be subsidized.
    A Balanced Budget Amendment? Would not always be practical in a time of war.
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve? Yes.
    The Gold Standard? Yes.

Does anyone think the GOP will support;
    Limited military intervention? If someone, like Rand, can explain to the base why intervention is dangerous and is why 9/11 happened, then yes
    Gay marriage? GOP needs to realize that if you are a fan of limited govt, you should not support state sponsored marriage at all. The only reason it is an issue is because of the tax code.
    The end of the War On Drugs? No, i support ending it but this is a puppet policy that makes the religious right feel good
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments? If we get rid of McCain and Graham(we are trying hard I promise, Tom Davis is thinking of "primary"ing against graham) Maybe
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses? THis is where the rubber meets the road, how can you get elected if you don't promise subsidies to big corporations. This will take a major brainwashing
    A Balanced Budget Amendment? While some think this may not be good in times of war, i think we would be more prudent about the wars we get into if we had this
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve? I hope so
    The Gold Standard? Yes, although it was a repub that got us off of it right (wasn't it nixon?)

[QUOTE=mudminnow;1082486]Does anyone think the GOP will support;
    Limited military intervention? If someone, like Rand, can explain to the base why intervention is dangerous and is why 9/11 happened, then yes
    Gay marriage? GOP needs to realize that if you are a fan of limited govt, you should not support state sponsored marriage at all. The only reason it is an issue is because of the tax code.
    The end of the War On Drugs? No, i support ending it but this is a puppet policy that makes the religious right feel good
    The end of Foreign Aid to unfriendly governments? If we get rid of McCain and Graham(we are trying hard I promise, Tom Davis is thinking of "primary"ing against graham) Maybe
    The end of government subsidies to oil companies and other businesses? THis is where the rubber meets the road, how can you get elected if you don't promise subsidies to big corporations. This will take a major brainwashing
    A Balanced Budget Amendment? While some think this may not be good in times of war, i think we would be more prudent about the wars we get into if we had this
    Limiting the power of, before eliminating altogether the Fed Reserve? I hope so
    The Gold Standard? Yes, although it was a repub that got us off of it right (wasn't it nixon?)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was Nixon.

There has been a lot of money made on fiat money and it will be very interesting to learn the real value of assets. I'm ready

Which brings me to the IRS. Rand wants to cut Corporate Taxes in half and a flat 17% on personal income. That would do wonders in downsizing and limiting the IRS.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Rand Paul's entire CPAC speech
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen

Truly a stellar speech. The crowd loved him. He is taking a page out of Obama's book, as I see this speech as the beginning of a Presidential campaign.

I think both he and Rubio are correct ... the GOP may be stale, as Rand states, but, also, as Rubio states, the old ideas are still the same ... the idea of America.

Also some kernels of truth in Perry and Rush Limbaugh ... Romney got a higher percentage of the independent vote than Obama, but got less R votes than McCain. Evidently millions of Rs stayed home on election day. Was that because Romney was not viewed as a conservative? because the candidate was too wishy-washy on principles? Time to get rid of the establishment "consultants" like Rove and his ilk.

If the best the Ds have on their bench is Hillary, Michelle O, and Ole Joe ... I think the R's should just start running & re-running ads with Hillary's shrill, "What difference does it make now?" comment until it's burned into people's minds forever. God knows there are plenty of "famous" clips of Joe; and some choice ones for Michelle as well.

The feature speaker for Saturday will be Ted Cruz.

Just for some fun, here is a practice round from the AKC agility nationals that starts tomorrow ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wX1iOBQ99w
    The Golden in this video is the #1 Golden in agility for 2012 ... he's 8-1/2 years old. An incredible dog & has a terrific handler.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Hey, Stan ... you'll like this
    Scott Walker kicked off the festivities for CPAC and granted Townhall's Guy Benson an exclusive interview. Guy writes that Walker's an underrated force for the national scene - and someone conservatives should watch out for. Walker also refused to explicitly rule out a presidential run in 2016:
    On stage this morning, Walker demonstrated why he could be formidable on the national level. Speaking without notes, he gently chided Republicans for relying too heavily on cerebral policy arguments and neglecting to speak to people's hearts. On that front, Walker described his effective Badger State budget reforms, illustrating each success with empirical statistics and evocative personal anecdotes.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Hey, Stan ... you'll like this
    He did NOT attend Harvard.......in fact, he does NOT have a college degree.

Early life, education, and business career

Walker was born in Colorado Springs, Colorado, one of two sons of Patricia Ann "Pat" (née Fitch) and Llewellyn Scott "Llew" Walker, a bookkeeper and a Baptist minister, respectively. He has a brother, David.[5][6] The family moved to Plainfield, Iowa, and when Scott was ten years old, to Delavan, Wisconsin, a city of about 8,000, where his father became a prominent preacher. In high school, he attended two weeks of American Legion-sponsored training in leadership and government at Badger Boys State in Wisconsin, and the selective Boys Nation in Washington, D.C.[7] He has credited the experience with solidifying his interest in public service and giving him the "political bug".[8] While in Washington, he met Ronald Reagan, who became his inspiration and model.[9] He attained the highest rank, Eagle Scout, in the Boy Scouts of America,[5][10] and graduated from Delavan-Darien High School in 1986.[11]

Walker enrolled at Marquette University in Milwaukee in 1986.[3] He attended college for four years but never graduated. During college he worked part-time for IBM selling warranties. His IBM job led to a full-time position in marketing and fundraising at the American Red Cross from 1990 to 1994.[9][12]
    The progressives in the Republican party will never let it happen, he is not indoctrinated.
    Stan b & Elvis