The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Master National Entry Fee going up again

Default Master National Entry Fee going up again

Just saw that the Master National entry fee is going up again from 325 to 350. It is only a small percentage of the over all cost but it is a little frustrating. Say they get only 500 dogs this year, that is $175,000.00 plus the donations they get from sponsors to cover various things like gift bags and dinners. there was a big long thread about this but as a participant it frustrates me and seems questionable.

ROFL - these are not the droids you are looking for

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

woo sacred cow. Just pay the money and say nothing and don't question anything.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE (SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH) work in progress
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( work in progress, Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Since the AKC has recognized the MN as a Title and a sanctioned event, pressure needs to be put on the AKC to REQUIRE that the MNRC abides by the same by-law standards and requirements as all other AKC clubs. The solution is far to simple. It would stop all the issues with elections and book keeping.

I wrote the AKC and asked why the MNRC was not required to submit bylaws like a recent FT club. The reply was simply, "the MN is a sanctioned "EVENT" not a "CLUB". I think for the title to be recognized as an AKC Title, the club should be held to the same standards as all AKC event clubs. To allow otherwise is a disservice to the clubs who focus on operating by the books to be allowed to hold AKC events for AKC titles.

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Hummmm....all we need now is an offensive email from a MN board member including some unnatural sex acts and AKC/MN will be right up there with HRC's current state of affairs.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Hummmm....all we need now is an offensive email from a MN board member including some unnatural sex acts and AKC/MN will be right up there with HRC's current state of affairs.
    I have pictures if that is better than emails

/paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post

/paul
    ha - lets not go there
    Justin E Schneider

Xtreme's 30 Rounds N' 1 Full Maggie SH
    Foundation's One Up the Sleeve - Ace
    Foundation's Peanut Butter Cup - Reece

"Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail." -- Josh Billings

Some peoples stiffest competition is themselves.--MooseGooser

Quote Originally Posted by Gun_Dog2002 View Post

/paul
    Did this happen at the party with all the free booze?

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    If the Master National Retriever Club would mail its financial report for the previous year to all member clubs by March 1 of the following year, it would mean that all member clubs would receive the report and would have time to digest it, discuss it, and -- if they have questions -- be able to contact their Regional Director with their questions.

Helen
    I was told by a former MN person that the information is not public business. Member clubs don't need to hear about the financials. I was also told I was going to have a real hard time getting a judge to pass me after that thread. Obviously, I'm not all that worried about the stone throwing. Karma gets folks in due time.

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    An email from the President telling me I was unsportsmanlike to inquire and imply that the Treasurer's report might be in error cooled my heels.

Helen
    I believe that is fine for your local clubs to hold "events". When a club has an event which has a title which goes onto the AKC Pedigree's I believe they should have to satisfy the AKC standards for club by-laws. It would end the issues and promote full accountability on all issues. Our club and the other local club sent a joint letter asking for an explaination and never received much of a response which explained the situation. Again, supported by what I was told by an MN official that said it is not public information and there is no reason to share how your local club's money and local club members entry money is spent.