The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Master National Entry Fee going up again

Well my experience is the MN BOD will do whatever they want, regardless of member vote. Does seem a bit interesting to me that they can afford to fly BOD members all over the country for meetings but can't afford 100 stamps to mail out a report....

/Paul
    Paul Cantrell
    Black Ice Retrievers
    Marcola OR

Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)

https://www.facebook.com/BlackIceRetrievers
    http://gundog2002.blogspot.com/
    "Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"

Quote Originally Posted by helencalif View Post
    Around June 2012, I am told, the CPA Treasurer in Texas resigned. I have no idea who became Treasurer for the rest of 2012. That would be the person who would handle all of the finances of the 2012 master national and who would be responsible for preparing the 2012 annual financial report. I don't know if that was the current Treasurer or not. Helen
    Since posting the above, I have been poking around the MNRC website to find answers about the changes in Treasurers. Under ARCHIVES, a section containing monthly news blurbs, I found an announcement posted July 2012 which stated that Tim Buck, the Treasurer, had resigned at the end of June (2012) after serving as Treasurer for 9 months. The announcement continued to say that the MNRC Board elected Jimmy Hughes, a CPA, living in Alabama, to be the new Treasurer effective July 11, 2012.

Thus, it appears that the MNRC financial records traveled to Alabama and that Jimmy Hughes, current Treasurer, is responsible for preparing the 2012 financial report.

There is a new MNRC Secretary, too. That is Elaine Goodner of Oregon (Region 4). I know Elaine. She will be a cracker-jack Secretary for the MNRC. She has great organizational skills, has been a long-time Lassen Ret Club member, and is a dedicated worker.

Helen
    Last edited by helencalif; 03-16-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Sounds like good news Helen. I've heard good things about the Lassen Club from locals whom have attended.

I have no idea what any of this means, but it seems that it would not be difficult for someone who was at the meeting and received the financial report to scan and email to those that do not.

CPA licensed by state held to a greater standard when things go wrong. Nice
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    CPA licensed by state held to a greater standard when things go wrong. Nice
    Dood-we have discussed this bidness of posting while impaired several times.

PWI is a No-No. Write that on your hand regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Mike being a lawyer probably has a handle on CPA licenses. My good buddy is a CFO of a large firm and sits on the board of two others in addition, he's treasurer of a very large and well administered non-profit based in Seattle. (he's in the dog game, has a few MH's) He said very clearly that if something wasn't right and he didn't report it he would be at risk of losing his professional license which would obviously cause him to lose his CFO positions which support his family.

He further explained, when he does an independent audit of basically anything, he must share his audit with a peer group for review. As a CPA, if the peer group finds issue with deficiencies in his audit, he has another potential for being sanctioned via his professional license. I may have a couple specifics out of place although, he was pretty straight forward that if he took on something and found a problem, overlooked it and it was later found after he'd put his "stamp" on it, he'd be screwed. That's NOT nice.
    Last edited by Paul "Happy" Gilmore; 03-16-2013 at 09:53 PM.