The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Master National Entry Fee going up again

Working for a non-profit is a liability for a CPA.

So they did publish a financial statement for the 2011 MN? They had 578 entries @ 325 = $187,850. What was the break down in costs?

A veil of secrecy in a public nonprofit event should raise antenas. But I'm sure the pros will tune in with some remarks soon. The answer stop complaining and pay the money.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

I am surprised that more people are not angry.

Why aren't more people concerned?

Why are people OK with an impropriety?

Why have member clubs let it get to this?

What do the lawyers on here think?
    "I love the rod and gun and where they take me."

"Do not judge a man until you have walked two moons in his moccasins."

Master National Retriever Club
    Club Type: HT
    Web Site: None Provided
    Territory: For Territory Information contact Club Relations ClubRelations@akc.org

Breed Competition Type Affiliation Level

HT Retriever Hunting Test Licensed

This is from AKC: The Master National is a licensed event. Also note it is officially called a "Hunting Test". AKC does sanction other hunting tests, but these are usually preliminary tests before a licensed hunting test is approved.
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Hummmm....all we need now is an offensive email from a MN board member including some unnatural sex acts and AKC/MN will be right up there with HRC's current state of affairs.
    Be careful! I got in trouble for letting that cat out of the bag.

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

gdgnyc you know what happens when no one asks questions about accounting methods. A club in Long Island ran into trouble by taking the position. He' s a nice guy it could never happen.

Where are they the protectors of the sacred cow. Bubba weigh in on this I ' m sure you will come up with a good answer. Remember I'm also from CT
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Until entries started to decline, a good business person would continue to raise prices. In fact, if the reduction in entries was offset by higher margins and produced a better profit, they would increase them regardless.

Every business has to find that point of diminishing returns.

If you don't want the prices to rise... don't enter. Financial pain is the only thing that will stop it.

The rest is just conjecture.
    Darrin Greene

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    gdgnyc you know what happens when no one asks questions about accounting methods. A club in Long Island ran into trouble by taking the position. He' s a nice guy it could never happen.

Where are they the protectors of the sacred cow. Bubba weigh in on this I ' m sure you will come up with a good answer. Remember I'm also from CT
    The accounting methods and practices the MN follows are as dictated by the by-laws. If there is a desire to change that all yas needs to do is find anonther club that agrees with you (except in your case cause your club isn't a MN member at least according to the whiny one). Submit your proposal 55 days in advance of the annual meeting and wallah you are on the agenda. The Secretary of the MNRC will forward copies of the current agenda items to all the club contacts so that they will have sufficient time to decide and direct their delegate.
    Every club delegate in attendance at the annual meeting is handed a complete financial report. If your club neglected to send a delegate that can hardly be considered negligence on the part of the MNRC. By the way it also means that your club allowed someone else to elect the club officers and decide any other matters that surface.
    Not too sure how it works these days- but when I was on the board we had an independent agengy audit the books and return a report. Pretty sure some similar policy is followed currently. Ask Mike Bunting next time you see him.
    Suggestions of impropriety and "veils of secrecy" are completely unjustified and should be beneath you. Mike and Jimmy Hughes are among the very finest the sport has to offer and their contributions to the sport are something we should all aspire to.
    Bottom line is that the BOD are folks that we hired to do a job. That job is going to entail some crystal ball work and a bunch of guess work to develop a budget for the event that will ensure the continued viability of the organization at the lowest reasonable cost to the participants. If you have input to that process there are convenient and well established mechanisms to convey that to the involved parties.

I do remember that you are also from CT- but I'm still a little vague as to who gets to be big spoon.

Wore out my typing finger regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Don't have my laptop in front of me but, I read the by laws and I don't remember a lot which describes accounting practices or elections. Can you post them up here real quick?