The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: (R) Rob Portman?

  1. #21
    Member jim_de_hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Amelia, Ohio
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I have a hard time tolerating people who are dead set against something until it affects them personally, then they are in complete support. Or people who are all for something somewhere else but not in their back yard.
    Careful, it sound as though you wouldn't allow people to change their mind when presented with new information:

    Don't Confuse Me.jpg


    As for road kill, it seems as if Mr. Obama walked across the Potomac, road kill would scream that the President refuses to swim!!!!!!

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yea
    The word says that's screwed up too. so whats your point. This is an evil world IIcor 4:4 The world is a messed up place,,haven't you noticed. There is some good,,and it usually follows good people,,,, but because God Almighty is not the god of this world and has no jurisdiction legally to intervene without our defense attorney present ,,that would be Jesus Christ our mediator.,,,the god of this world is the runs the show and puppets the systems of this world. II Corinthians 4:4
    If people don't like that statement take it up with God,,,he authored it I didn't.

    The stoning stuff was mans idea,,,just like today men make laws. It was the perverted culture of the Isrealites. They seldom walked with God ,,but when they did God honored them and caused them to prosper greatly. hell most of their history they lived in occupied territory. They had trouble hanging on to the good that God was always trying to give them,, even King David was a man after Gods own heart went astray and did very evil things,much of it was culture induced but he always overcame his human weekness I set himself back on Gods side.

    You have to be able to discern between human frailties and purposeful evils caused by the god of this world. Motivation means everything.
    Easy to overlook a mistake but not easy to overlook something evil with evil intentions

    Pete
    Very good post. Clear and concise as well as very true.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,777

    Default

    So, Pete.... I'll tell you right up front that this is loaded question: How, exactly, do you know what God says?


    You may be the one clear voice in this religious cacophony. So I'd really like to know.
    Although I have studied for over 30 years I consider it to mean squat. My reason for studying alot is so I can do my best to glorify God. because he desires worship from his children. I use the same research materials that most religions have available to them only I have no doctrine to up hold. I let the chips fall where they may. I have studied other religions and non denominational ministries and I have learned they all present from very little to a lot of truth.
    I spend a lot of time looking up ancient words and their origins. My perpose is to know Gods truth the most accurately tjhat I can. I fall short in every catagory but so does evry one else. If God is perfect his word must be perfect so there cannot be any contraditions. If we see a contradiction it is either in our understanding or the words have diluted to the point on changing the meaning. That's the reason for looking up words.
    even from King James to american I can show you a lot of words that don't mean what we as american know it as. I'm not perfect and don't try to be.
    However because I have studied these subjects especial subjects that concern us today I can debate them out of the scriptures and know that the ink has not dried and it still applies today.
    The devil/satin/whatever we call him//has hidden himself well. People think of him as a little red midget with hordns. He 's got them where he wants them.

    He has so screwed with people minds that most people could never figure out what is from God and what is from the little red horned creature. Society tends to blame God for its ills. That is a lie from the pit of hell,,,the funny thing is when you try to show them what God says about something they run and hide like a little girl . They are ashamed to talk about the creator of heaven and earth. But they will talk about god in the 3rd party. And its usually god is whatever you think he is,,, thats whimpy ass,bullshit talk. Its takes absolutely no thought or commitment to say that, the god of this world has numbed us,,, but that was the plan alll along,,,, Society doesn't want to know what God has to say any more because we have become so smart that God is any thing you want him to be. The new age crap is used to keep people from knowing any thing about God.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-19-2013 at 12:53 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  4. #24
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    This debate for me Stanley isn't about politics, I could care less if Portman is a Dem or a Repub. It's more about our society as a whole. I have a hard time tolerating people who are dead set against something until it affects them personally, then they are in complete support. Or people who are all for something somewhere else but not in their back yard.

    I'm not a Democrat nor am I a staunch Republican. If you would like to take your last sentence there and make this a political debate, then yes, the President is a hypocrite as well.
    Really, then why did you precede Portman's name with an "(R)?"
    Last edited by road kill; 03-17-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,777

    Default

    OH I forgot to say why.
    I have found no contradiction or diminshed meaning of words considering the subject of homosexuality. Also the subject runs deep through politics and the elite through out the bible. It became cultural acceptable during certain periods through out history. so I'm guessing the elite and overly powerful use it in the same way today as they did thousands of years ago.
    So when I say God loathes the act of homosexuality as God loaths evil of any kind because of what it has done and continues to do to man kind and his spirituality I can state that with confidence knowing that the ink hasn't dried on that subject either. Some evils do way more harm than others,,,this one runs deep.
    I realize some are born this way and really I'm not even talking about them,,,there are menacing and terrible applications of this evil,,, that has nothing to do with weather some one is born with the urge to put his winker in another guys poop hole. There is way way worse applications of non consent applications.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

  6. #26
    Senior Member BonMallari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LV/CenTex/Idaho
    Posts
    12,450

    Default

    Pete : I wont try and engage you on what the Bible says because I am a neophyte and have only returned to attending a non denomenational church in the last year....BUT if homosexuality is wrong, then how do you or anyone else account for all the Christians that are homosexual...IMO it knows no race,no political side (even though some try to stereotype them) and it knows no religion...

    I have changed my view toward homosexuality...I WAS your stereotypical homophobic conservative...but then I realized that if I stayed with such a stance then I had to denounce my nephews and a few close co workers, and other friends, and I just was not willing to do that


    and thats why I have no problem with Senator Portman changing his stance ...or anyone else for that matter
    Last edited by BonMallari; 03-17-2013 at 03:51 PM.
    All my Exes live in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

  7. #27
    Member jim_de_hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Amelia, Ohio
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Although I have studied for over 30 years I consider it to mean squat. My reason for studying alot is so I can do my best to glorify God. because he desires worship from his children. I use the same research materials that most religions have available to them only I have no doctrine to up hold. I let the chips fall where they may. I have studied other religions and non denominational ministries and I have learned they all present from very little to a lot of truth.
    I spend a lot of time looking up ancient words and their origins. My perpose is to know Gods truth the most accurately tjhat I can. I fall short in every catagory but so does evry one else. If God is perfect his word must be perfect so there cannot be any contraditions. If we see a contradiction it is either in our understanding or the words have diluted to the point on changing the meaning. That's the reason for looking up words.
    even from King James to american I can show you a lot of words that don't mean what we as american know it as. I'm not perfect and don't try to be.
    However because I have studied these subjects especial subjects that concern us today I can debate them out of the scriptures and know that the ink has not dried and it still applies today.
    The devil/satin/whatever we call him//has hidden himself well. People think of him as a little red midget with hordns. He 's got them where he wants them.

    He has so screwed with people minds that most people could never figure out what is from God and what is from the little red horned creature. Society tends to blame God for its ills. That is a lie from the pit of hell,,,the funny thing is when you try to show them what God says about something they run and hide like a little girl . They are ashamed to talk about the creator of heaven and earth. But they will talk about god in the 3rd party. And its usually god is whatever you think he is,,, thats whimpy ass,bullshit talk. Its takes absolutely no thought or commitment to say that, the god of this world word has numbed us,,, but that was the plan alll along,,,, Society doesn't want to know what God has to say any more because we have become so smart that God is any thing you want him to be. The new age crap is used to keep people from knowing any thing about God.
    Pete

    Well then... you would seem to possess a very learned opinion. The only thing that I will add is that, because I am a finite human and God is not, I can not completely know God's plan or will. I can only tell you what I believe it to be. And I usually state it that way. I try to never say "(This or that) is God's design." What I say is "I believe that God wants this or that." To tell others what God's plan is is playing with fire.

  8. #28
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    From Rudy:

    "I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not Him."
    Stan b & Elvis

  9. #29
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    From Rudy:

    "I have only come up with two hard incontrovertible facts: there is a God, and I'm not Him."
    The first is simply a belief, but if God exists, I can't prove you're not him.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  10. #30
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    The first is simply a belief, but if God exists, I can't prove you're not him.
    Your arguing with a quote from a movie.....................
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •