The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: (R) Rob Portman?

sorry, Mathew not Mark. told you I am not a chapter and verse feller........

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."
    Thanks Ken that's a great chapter. I have used the preceding verses talking about marriage and divorce but for some reason I don't remember the eunuchs. Lots of great subjects in the bible.
    I can't say much about it other than a eunuch was a guy who was castrated or impotent,,and often held an high ranking position usually of respect. I 'll have to study it more to see if it has any thing to do with Lady Gaga personals. being it seems to say" at birth". I'll let you know what I find if you want,,,
    As sergeant schultz used to say,,,, Very interesting

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I can't say much about it other than a eunuch was a guy who was castrated or impotent,,and often held an high ranking position usually of respect.........Very interesting

Pete

Ah,
    but now we are back on the use of words and what words mean what. As we look at the word and think a feller without a satchal, so to speak. But as many things are lost in the Aramaic to Latin to Greek to whatever else. And I have read of this. Jesus traveled from city to city. Both urban and rural. He is speaking of the 3 types of guys who do not seek a wife. The word / term eunchs is used. But does it only mean the celibit and castrated? Like he said, let he who is able to accept it........
    and it is a great chapter. See there is something to 16 years of regular Mass. Just never did the chapter and verse. Like dog training, I look at the whole story

BTW.. I had to read the whole book of Mathew to find this for you. Maybe I shoulda been a chapter and verse guy
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

BTW.. I had to read the whole book of Mathew to find this for you. Maybe I shoulda been a chapter and verse guy
    I'm not a chapter and verse guy either. I know the jist ,but usually forget where it was. I have a really nice bible program on my computer. One of its functions is a word search. It make my life easier. I will try to learn more about this subject. Words do change meaning and so do cultures,,,which is the reason for word studies and studies in manners and customs.. Are they all conclusive? No. But most are.
    Thanks again Ken
    Pete
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Uh Oh, here comes the "free will" argument and that redemption is meaningless unless you choose it of your own will. We can never understand divine reasoning because we are not divine (no matter what your honey tells you).
    Actually, there are some of us that believe we would never choose to be redeemed if God didn't call us first.

And, what makes you think anyone can fully understand the creator of the universe?

Tom
    Tom Wall

I'm not a chapter and verse guy either. I know the jist ,but usually forget where it was. I have a really nice bible program on my computer. One of its functions is a word search. It make my life easier. I will try to learn more about this subject. Words do change meaning and so do cultures,,,which is the reason for word studies and studies in manners and customs.. Are they all conclusive? No. But most are.
    Thanks again Ken
    Pete
    First I got my Bible and read the chap. in Matthew. Then I did a google search and read some of the sites where the meaning was explained. Various "procedures" over time in some countries ( not all ) were also explained. I'm just glad that I was not a boy or a man in those countries during those times.
    Last edited by charly_t; 03-28-2013 at 01:07 PM.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

First I got my Bible and read the chap. in Matthew. Then I did a google search and read some of the sites where the meaning was explained. Various "procedures" over time in some countries ( not all ) were also explained. I'm just glad that I was not a boy or a man in those countries during those times.
    Thanks to Ken,,,last night I read where certain dynasties in china not only removed the testicals but also the other thingy. And they removed both with the same swipe of a blade.

Yes Charly ,some were taken from their families and turned into eunuchs by force. I have no idea what the ones who volunteered were thinking.

Pete

imagin being like 8ish and walking back from Church (we walked over "crosslots") and asking your Grandfather what a eunch is. And him sayin' remember the other week when we were castrating the young hogs? Ah the rural life!
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Thanks to Ken,,,.

Pete
    Ahem!! lets not blame your testicle search on me please.

Thanks to Ken,,,last night I read where certain dynasties in china not only removed the testicals but also the other thingy. And they removed both with the same swipe of a blade.

Yes Charly ,some were taken from their families and turned into eunuchs by force. I have no idea what the ones who volunteered were thinking.

Pete
    The one where they cut everything off with one swipe of the blade then buried the boy up to his neck in sand was really bad. 10% survival rate I think it said.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~