The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: (R) Rob Portman?

The other thing Bon
    If my son was Gay
    I would still love him with all my heart. But its still wrong behavior. Just because it is my son it should't change what God has stated ,it wouldn't change a thing about what I thought about homosexuality and it wouldn't change what God thinks about it. But both of us would still love my son greatly.
    here is how we can look at this.
    when one of my children constantly does things against my will especially out of rebellion I am not as motivated to bless him as much as I would if he did every thing I asked him to. God works the same way. The more you try to do what he says the more his door of blessings open,,,He is just waiting to give as much as we want,,,its us who keeps our foot on the hose ,,,not God
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The other thing Bon
    If my son was Gay
    I would still love him with all my heart. But its still wrong behavior. .......Pete

now I think it is in the book of Mark. You all know I am not a chapter and line number person. Just had it read to me a thousand times in all those years of my yout. I still say Mark. Jesus speaks about the 3 types of guys that will not take wifes. Check it out. Some are, to use the Lady GaGa Line "Born that way". Acording to Jesus.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I thought this was a very good response to a question asked about Rob Portman.

Who do you think said it?
    ”Well, my stance (on marriage) hasn’t evolved. I believe as the Bible teaches, marriage is between a man and woman. I actually think that marriage is between a man and a woman no matter what politicians decide. I don’t think they have the power to change what is a religiously inspired definition.

I’m not going to second guess Rob Portman. He’s an old personal friend.

I think when you have somebody in your immediate family who comes out, you have three choices: You can say, ‘I believe my principles so much, I’m kicking you out.’ You can say, ‘I still believe in my principles, but I love you.’ Or you can say, ‘Gee, I love you so much I’m changing my principles.’ Rob picked the third path. That’s his prerogative. I’m not going to second guess him.

But I would also say that historically in the long run, marriage will be between man and woman, that’s been the definition for thousands of years and I don’t think politicians will change that.
    can you give me chapter and verse on that.
    No, Pete, I can't.

Listen there are plenty of people out there who have a different spiritual father..,, JC addressed one of the Pharisee and point blank told him that his father was the devil. That made that religious leader born of the seed of the serpent. Just like christians are born of the seed of God. I don't want to get into this on rft,, but not all of us are sons and daughters of God. Being born of the seed of the serpent is the only unforgivable sin,,, BECAUSE seed is permanent I will always be my fathers son no matter what I do in life. He can't take his seed out of me. Same with God and his children and same with the devil and his children. That's the only reason it is unforgivable because God cannot break his own rules because he is just. If the devil is the God of this world then who do you think runs most of it. Certainly not God almighty kids. Thats why this place is so dark and there is death and destruction. And light cannot have fellowship with darkness. And yes I can find you chapter and verses pertaining to this subject.

But didn't Jesus also promise salvation to any who asked for it in his name? On the unlikely premise that even the Devil would acknowledge Jesus as savior, would God not keep his word? Weren't Jews, who adhered to the "Old" Covenant, the first to embrace the New Covenant? Could some of them have been former Pharisees? Paul comes to mind.

pete
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Gerry

I'll answere according to your statement in order ,,so it might seem gdg if you don't follow the questions in order.
    I can find no where in the word that salvation comes from asking,, but I can find in romans 10 :9 and 10 that salvation comes from believing that God raised JC from the dead ect. ect.

Not sure if the devil knew that JC was the savior or not because if he had known what was going to happen on the day of penticost he would have never had that situation manipulated to the point of JC's crucifixion. Now he has to worry about countless sons of God instead of just 1.
    and if he were to know that JC would have countless brothers that had incorruptable seed like Gods kids he would have never killed him.

Some Judean's believed JC , but alot of other people did also but it doesn't matter any more because there is neither jew nor gentile only the church of God. One body. Your either a son or daughter of God or your not,,,it has to do with seed. Just as JC was Gods son through Gods seed which he created in Mary. He also creates a new spirit in an individual when they believe Romans 10:9and 10

Paul was a pharisee of Pharisee's . He obviously has a heart for God where the other pharisee did not. Religious leaders have a terrible track record in the bible. Some were good of course but many were not. Like today I guess.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-26-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Last edited by Franco; 03-26-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Franco, I don't think we are always on the same page, but I love this. Of course sarcasm is one of my favorite forms of humor. Where did you find it?
    Last edited by HPL; 03-26-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

May be I live in another reality,,but generally for something to e funny it should have a little truth in it. I find those pretty stupid like there is some guy who hates God and trying to make things up and thinks he is funny.

Its almost like an 8 year olds attempt at being funny.

It could be that I don't find liberal type logic very funny. Sounds like something nancy Polocy would write
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-26-2013 at 09:00 PM.

now I think it is in the book of Mark. You all know I am not a chapter and line number person. Just had it read to me a thousand times in all those years of my yout. I still say Mark. Jesus speaks about the 3 types of guys that will not take wifes. Check it out. Some are, to use the Lady GaGa Line "Born that way". Acording to Jesus.
    I typed in the word wife and read all 4 gospels where that word is used, I can't find anything about it. But yes hermaphrodites can choose what they want to express. Most choose one or the other as far as I have read. But I realize some go both ways.
    I think people tend to look for the obscure to try to prove the norm. I once trained a black lab that had no drive and did not retrieve,,,there for ,,,,black labs don't like to retrieve,,,sort of like that.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Franco, I don't think we are always on the same page, but I love this. Of course sarcasm is one of my favorite forms of humor. Where did you find it?
    It was on Facebook. Kind of sums it up pretty well. Obviously, not everyone believes in Liberty and Justice for all

Pete, if your God condems them, then why did he create them? Would you consider that the work of a just god? In your bible, doesn't a just god always do what is right and good toward all men?

Last edited by Franco; 03-26-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    It was on Facebook. Kind of sums it up pretty well. Obviously, not everyone believes in Liberty and Justice for all

Pete, if your God condems them, then why did he create them? Would you consider that the work of a just god? In your bible, doesn't a just god always do what is right and good toward all men?

Uh Oh, here comes the "free will" argument and that redemption is meaningless unless you choose it of your own will. We can never understand divine reasoning because we are not divine (no matter what your honey tells you).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com