The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: (R) Rob Portman?

Pete, if your God condems them, then why did he create them? Would you consider that the work of a just god? In your bible, doesn't a just god always do what is right and good toward all men?
    He didn't
    he made ,formed and created Adam and Eave. Once mankind screwed up by eating of the tree of good and evil it opened up a can of worms. Sin became known to mankind from this day forward. The wages of sin is death . Abnormalities,,diseases,,and mans life span started to decrease. It was satin who deceived Eave. I'm not sure what she did but it wasn't good. God never meant for man to know evil,,but he gave man freedom of will to choose,,,and he knew man would fall. By the way I found a place in genesis 2 that says God originally created and made masses of people. Pretty cool,,it made the hair stand up on my neck. Could explain 12000 year old bones and artifacts. However the soul may be different than today,,,who knows... Who knows how much time passed between Genesis1:1 and 1:2 But I do know that God did not create the earth with nothing on it. He said it was not created in vain and it was created to be inhabited,, it became without form and voidin gen1:2 there is no Hebrew word was ... its the Hebrew word 'hayah" or,, became or,,, to become. way to much info to post.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-26-2013 at 11:00 PM.
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

I have t say that I am not sure what the debate is actually about. Are we talking about "forcing" churches to accept and perform same sex ceremonies or are we talking about same sex couples being given the same rights under the law that heterosexual couples have? I am completely opposed to the first on constitutional grounds, and completely for the second on small government grounds.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    God never meant for man to know evil,,but he gave man freedom of will to choose,,,and he knew man would fall.
    Pete
    These two statements are diametrically opposed. If God knew men would fail if given the chance and then he gave them the chance, clearly God meant for man to know evil. You simply can't have it both ways.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

These two statements are diametrically opposed. If God knew men would fail if given the chance and then he gave them the chance, clearly Godmeant for man to know evil. You simply can't have it both ways
    Actually no its not. Lucky for mankind that God is infinitesimally smarter and omnipotent. He set the laws up to cover for it. God can not break his own laws . Both spiritual and physical. He had to set up universal laws so man could still be in a redeemable state after the fall, and he set up those laws in Gen.1;1 when he created the heavan and the earth. . No man alive comes close to that intelligence. what exceptionally mathematical precision he used to cover all the bases. It is truly phenomenal.

Pete
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Apparently, from what you have said, man comes very, very, very close to being as smart as God (infinitesimal: adj, extremely small, approaching zero). I would also take issue with the use of the term "omnipotent" followed at any point by the word "can't" as, if one is omnipotent, there is nothing one can't do, so an omnipotent being could certainly break its own laws. Thus something is either omnipotent or there are restrictions on its power, in which case it's not omnipotent. Perhaps you meant omniscient, as I believe that an omniscient being would not necessarily be omnipotent.
    Last edited by HPL; 03-27-2013 at 12:01 AM.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Apparently, from what you have said, man comes very, very, very close to being as smart as God (infinitesimal: adj, extremely small, approaching zero). I would also take issue with the use of the term "omnipotent" followed at any point by the word "can't" as, if one is omnipotent, there is nothing one can't do, so an omnipotent being could certainly break its own laws. Thus something is either omnipotent or there are restrictions on its power, in which case it's not omnipotent. Perhaps you meant omniscient, as I believe that an omniscient being would not necessarily be omnipotent.

I apparently misused a word,,,,I probably meant infinitely. OH well shoot me any way.
    Justice has to do with laws.
    God is just,,. God set these universal laws up. God can not break his laws if he is just. I think you are really reaching to prove there is no God. Its obvious you don't believe God but not only that I don't think you believe in him either. So we will banter back and forth for ever on this subject. I could care less really,,,i'm just discussing a subject from Gods perspective . The subject of gays came up, so I threw in my 2 cents. And God says its worshiping the creation more than the creator. There are many reasons why its evil and it nothing to do with the human being. We all have sinned and come short of the glory. I think there are a few people hear that like to hear Gods side of the story.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 03-27-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I typed in the word wife and read all 4 gospels where that word is used, I can't find anything about it. .....Pete

sorry, Mathew not Mark. told you I am not a chapter and verse feller........

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way from their mother's womb; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are also eunuchs who made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to accept this, let him accept it."
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    WASHINGTON—Ten minutes into oral arguments over whether or not homosexuals should be allowed to marry one another, a visibly confounded Supreme Court stopped legal proceedings Tuesday and ruled that gay marriage was “perfectly fine” and that the court could “care less who marries whom.”

“Yeah, of course gay men and women can get married. Who gives a s@#t?” said Chief Justice John Roberts, who interrupted attorney Charles Cooper’s opening statement defending Proposition 8, which rescinded same-sex couples’ right to marry in California. “Why are we even seriously discussing this?”

“Does anyone else up here care about this?” Roberts added as his eight colleagues began shaking their heads and saying, “No,” “Nah,” and “I also don’t care about this.” “Great. Same-sex marriage is legal in the United States of America. Do we have anything of actual import on the docket, or are we done for the day?”

Before Roberts officially ended proceedings, sources confirmed that all nine justices were reportedly dumbfounded, asking why the case was even coming before them and wondering aloud if some sort of mistake had been made. Calling marriage equality a “no-brainer,” members of the High Court appeared not just confused but irritated when Proposition 8 defenders argued that gay marriage was not a national issue but a state matter.

Moreover, when Attorney Cooper said that gay marriage could harm the moral fabric of the country and hurt the institution of marriage, Associate Justice Sotomayor asked, “What are you even talking about?” while Justice Anthony Kennedy reportedly muttered, “You got to be fu)$ing kidding me,” under his breath.

“I have to interject, Mr. Cooper,” Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg said as the attorney argued that the government has legitimate reasons to discourage same-sex couples from getting married. “Do you honestly care this much about this issue? Because if you do, you’re a real go*damn idiot. Actually, you sound as dumb as dog s^&t, and you are wasting our time.”

“Should gay marriage be legal?” Ginsburg continued. “Yes. Done. Case closed. Goodbye. Christ, were we seriously scheduled to spend the next few months debating this?”

Even the typically conservative wing of the court maintained that, despite their personal views, it would be “downright silly” for them to rule that same-sex marriage was unconstitutional.

“I’m a strict Originalist, Mr. Cooper, and I’m looking at a 14th Amendment that forbids any state from denying any person equal protection of the law,” Associate Justice Antonin Scalia said. “So, unless we are the most uncivilized society on the face of God’s green earth, I think we can all agree that a gay person is in fact a person. So what I’m saying is, who the f*&k are we to tell a person who he or she can get married to? This is dumb. Can we talk about a real case now, please?”

Before adjourning the court, Roberts said there would be no official opinion on the case because it’s just “common god%$mn sense,” and then addressed gay men and women directly.

“Get married, don’t get married, do whatever you want,” Roberts said. “It’s the opinion of this court that we don’t give two sh*ts what you do.”

“C’mon, let’s go get some food,” added Roberts, as the eight other justices followed him out the door.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/sup...o-cares,31812/

Sometimes The Onion just gets it right.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Sometimes The Onion just gets it right.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all the people need to know!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis