The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice Served

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I take it from your comments on your posts that you are not in favor of sports in schools - am I misreading you?

I love sports in schools. I played basketball myself. CVU Crusaders ’80 &’81.
    I very much dislike how some schools have a “player can do no wrong”
    Attitude. Our team’s coach held us to a higher standard than the general student population. The school did not have a dress code but our coach had one for us.
    Both Grades and personal conduct had a great deal to do with who was allowed to be on the team. And yet, now and again, we also found a way to gather at the fishing access in West Charlotte. Yes booze and barf stinks. Cleaning it outa your Dads 8-track case the next a.m. ain’t much fun ether. But he was so kind. Instead of making me do it outside he put it in my bed so I could find it more easy.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    I love sports in schools. I played basketball myself. CVU Crusaders ’80 &’81.
    I very much dislike how some schools have a “player can do no wrong” & other schools hold them in contempt - I do not believe schools set the standard on consistent behavior yoward those they are hired to teach
    Attitude. Our team’s coach held us to a higher standard than the general student population. The school did not have a dress code but our coach had one for us.
    Both Grades and personal conduct had a great deal to do with who was allowed to be on the team. And yet, now and again, we also found a way to gather at the fishing access in West Charlotte. Yes booze and barf stinks. Cleaning it outa your Dads 8-track case the next a.m. ain’t much fun ether. But he was so kind. Instead of making me do it outside he put it in my bed so I could find it more easy.
    The coach was condoning this behavior - my HS coach had a lot of input into how I turned out in life - but he set the example & dictated the circumstances. Apparently there were not many examples so are we sure the kids had the proper background to recognize what they were doing was wrong?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

you are dancing around this Marvin. you quote my suspend play of the team line and then type how the coach failed.
    Then want to blame the girl but ask if the criminals had the parenting to know right from wrong? If they could be wrong as you ask well then how could it be the girls fault? Oh, exactly how does an unconscions girl consent to group sex? In your opinion.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I was afraid this was all going to swept under the carpet. Sports has become the driving force for so many today. The ability of a child to participate is the most important thing. I see this regularly with injuries/sickness. The first question is always when will they be able to play again? That is more important then a full recovery.

The fact that we are even having this discussion proves how far our society has slipped. When I need to make a judgement about something like this I ask myself what would my grandfather, who was born in 1907, think about this?

Tom
    Tom Wall

They were charged as and sentenced as juveniles. I think that should obviate any "but they didn't really understand..." argument.

They were stupid, drunk, fully-grown boys who were in an adult situation; they knew, or absent some mental or emotional disease (other than "dumb s---") should have known, that what they were doing was terribly wrong. They may not have understood in an adult way--hence, charged, tried, and sentenced as juveniles.

The more I think about it, the more I think they were damn lucky on that count.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

you are dancing around this Marvin. you quote my suspend play of the team line and then type how the coach failed.
    Then want to blame the girl but ask if the criminals had the parenting to know right from wrong? If they could be wrong as you ask well then how could it be the girls fault?
    I'm not sure I would call it dancing - I believe there were other resolutions that would not have had long term consequences for the young men. I do not believe they were entirely at fault nor do I believe they are blameless. In this instance there is a lot of blame to be shared, especially by the adults. I believe something could have been done that did not have the long term ramifications of this kangaroo court atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by ken bora
    Oh, exactly how does an unconscious girl consent to group sex? In your opinion?
    You're asking someone that never experienced that situation a question they have not the experience to answer. I do know a little bit about consenting conscious partners. The group situation would not be something I have ever seen, but have heard of instances, usually the consentee being a person of questionable character, as I understand this young lady was. But I do know this having had a drink or two - only once did I not have some semblance of wits about me, & in that one instance wished at the time I could remember what happened. Are you sure she was unconscious or just quietly enjoying the experience?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I'm not sure I would call it dancing - I believe there were other resolutions that would not have had long term consequences for the young men. I do not believe they were entirely at fault nor do I believe they are blameless. In this instance there is a lot of blame to be shared, especially by the adults. I believe something could have been done that did not have the long term ramifications of this kangaroo court atmosphere.

Originally Posted by ken bora
    Oh, exactly how does an unconscious girl consent to group sex? In your opinion?

You're asking someone that never experienced that situation a question they have not the experience to answer. I do know a little bit about consenting conscious partners. The group situation would not be something I have ever seen, but have heard of instances, usually the consentee being a person of questionable character, as I understand this young lady was. But I do know this having had a drink or two - only once did I not have some semblance of wits about me, & in that one instance wished at the time I could remember what happened. Are you sure she was unconscious or just quietly enjoying the experience?
    I don't really have much to say. Or maybe I have too much to say.

I just wanted to post it again, so that everyone has the opportunity to read that twice.

Because it is just. That. Special.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

don't worry Marv,
    if you were drunk off your ass and about to be raped by a football team, I would step up.
    well I have an idea

...... Are you sure she was unconscious or just quietly enjoying the experience?
    cop to me "sir why did you stand and watch as all of those fine young men had sexy fun time with Mr. Marvin?"
    me to cop "well officer I was not sure if he was unconscious or just quietly enjoying the experence so I chose to do nothing. They are all such fine young men after all. On the football team you know. Loved by all they are.".........

NOT!!!!!!!

This is by far the most assinine statement I have ever read anywhere!!!
    The girl was raped!, and the two "boys" should be sent to adult court and then they could have bubba befriend them!!!
    I don't give a rats arse what the girl's reputation is/was.

I have my second ignore on RTF. Sweet dreams Marvelous.
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon