The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Justice Served

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Many of us have Sports Chops - along with my many other involvements with youth I founded the Elementary Basketball program in our 2500 student (at the time) School district & made sure there were dedicated places for them to play. Today that program serves about 1500 elementary kids (both sexes) for about 4 months in the winter. After that they have morphed into an AAU program year round.

I know parents well & have dealt with my share of jerks, also on occasion met someone who was appreciative of what was being done for their children, not often .

But they are not the ones, kids daily see jocks & coaches get preferential treatment: last night I watched CSU's coach prowl the sidelines, he used to do that for Iowa State but they dismissed him for also prowling the coed parties while his pregnant wife was at home. & a couple of days ago a player returned from an injury to try to lead his team to the NBA playoffs - didn't he have an incident in Vail that good lawyering got him out of? & the Middle Linebacker for the Super Bowl champs, wasn't he involved in a big way in a murder indictment? or the Defensive Lineman from NE who made a habit of raping whomever he could find & occasionally thump them if they were not cooperative enough. Nothing came out of that as the Big Red was winning, their coach was an icon (eventually elected to the US house & returned to NE as AD) who apparently had a little teflon on his hide. The incidents are too numerous & usually come out after the fact.

Hopefully you are able to put 2 & 2 together to get where this went?

I don't believe I posted that . But not being there one is only assuming from the grainy photo's that was her condition. I don't care what anyone on this thread says.

She & her mother bear a lot of responsibility for what happened. The entire community also bears responsibility. I would bet as the city was downsizing one of the 1st things on the chopping block was the kids programs, heaven forbid that some employee might have to go find a job when his program was no longer necessary.

Like you, I drank a little as a teenager. I know a little bit about how kids act, while I have not seen it all, I have seen plenty. I also know that on occasion the line between Yes, Maybe & No is very blurry - body language being the main communicator.

Unlike JD, I posted this thread for opinions & got some. I disagree with a lot of them & hope you never have a child in the position these two boys were. But I will not delete it.
    Please don't drag me into your gutter thread that I have not posted in until now. OK?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Originally Posted by Marvin S

Oh, exactly how does an unconscious girl consent to group sex? In your opinion?

You're asking someone that never experienced that situation a question they have not the experience to answer. I do know a little bit about consenting conscious partners. The group situation would not be something I have ever seen, but have heard of instances, usually the consentee being a person of questionable character, as I understand this young lady was. But I do know this having had a drink or two - only once did I not have some semblance of wits about me, & in that one instance wished at the time I could remember what happened. Are you sure she was unconscious or just quietly enjoying the experience?

I don't care what any of you think, I think the boys got railroaded. I think the authorities did a poor job of handling the case. & apparently it's not over.

Ken, in my youth I went to some very tough taverns by myself - I need no one to have my back. Just like here I will believe what the facts tell me. The weaker sex is only special when they deserve to be.
    Just keeping things honest.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

...I posted this thread for opinions & got some. I disagree with a lot of them & hope you never have a child in the position these two boys were. But I will not delete it.
    Marvin, I'm going to give you a hint--

It would go a long way toward mending fences, if mending fences matters, if in any subsequent posts you were to take the extra 3 to 5 seconds to think of the girl, too, and amend your remarks (should you see fit, after that brief pause) to say something like, in this case, "... and hope you never have a child in the position these two boys or the the girl found themselves in."

(Also--For the record--while I now wish this thread had never been posted, since it's here, I certainly wouldn't ask Marvin to delete it.)

Since I'm hoping to keep myself from posting again, I'm going to add something:

As for the boys--They are boys that put themselves in an adult situation and did stupid drunken things; I think their having been charged as juveniles is fitting. I certainly wouldn't call for their castration! Nor for an adult trial and sentencing.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

The last thing I would want to see on this thread is anything deleted, Marvin. If anything, I'm enjoying seeing everyone feeding you the rope.

Your lack of concern for a passed out girl is appalling, and your defense of the boys....pretty much "drunk/passed out girls deserve what they get and it's not the boys fault that they have no self-control or morals or manners"...speaks volumes. I noticed you didn't respond to my mention of the reverse situation? As in, if one of the boys was passed out drunk, it would be OK to prison rape him with a broom handle, because it was his fault for getting drunk and passing out. It's the same logic.

Those boys should have been tried in adult court. They are hardly children. And whatever stigma they now have, they have earned and will hopefully live with forever. I hope, if they ever have daughters, they remember.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith

Marv, instead of picking one of so many, you really should pick one for yourself. No one's friend indeed.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...mg.8gt2ggCjJq4
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Like you, I drank a little as a teenager. I know a little bit about how kids act, while I have not seen it all, I have seen plenty. I also know that on occasion the line between Yes, Maybe & No is very blurry - body language being the main communicator.
    That's disgraceful, it a blurry line when the body language from a passed out child may be an invitation for rape? Maybe your father brought you up that way, not mine.

Anyone remember the Wenatchee school trials? I'll bet Marvin does. Not defending anyone or taking sides. I have not followed this case. Anyway the Wenatchee trials took on a life of their own and ruined many lives. Practically took down a town. Sort of where I think Marvin might be going here.

The two boys and the girl? Don't know...
    Bill Davis

Anyone feeling outrage this AM watch 60 Minutes last night - specifically the Brian Banks story?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Anyone feeling outrage this AM watch 60 Minutes last night - specifically the Brian Banks story?
    No, I did not watch it but I have a question for you if you care to give your thoughts on it.

A retarded women ( IQ in the 55 range ) lets say will have sex with just about anyone. Should men or boys with normal IQs have sex with her ? I guess that part of my question is, do you think she can give consent when she is functioning below the legal age to give consent.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I just looked it up. Brian Banks was innocent, no question, and his case was mishandled. And in his case, the girl should face charges.

Don't know what that has to do with two boys raping an unconscious girl. Apples and oranges.
    Sharon Potter

www.redbranchkennels.net

Chesapeake Bay Retrievers...too many to list.

Team Huntsmith