The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Few Pictures From This Weekend

Wow those are great

FFFFFFFFFFF NNNNNNN Awesome!!!!!!! Great shots! Lookin to see more.
    Wizardrheas Roxtar MH (Roxie)
    Hibrass' She's Gotcha All Choked Up (Briley) Born 12/14/2013
    Sophie ( Bed Bug Detection Beagle)
    Mariah's Sunshine Tess (3-30-2000 / 8-10-2012) RIP Old Girl

This isn't a social event!!! Get a dog on the line!!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    Are you aware that you can probably get "all hazard scheduled insurance" for your equipment? I carry it on mine and I think it costs something like $1.60/$100.00 of value. I know one photographer that has had equipment end up in water (including a 500mm F.4) another that fell in camera and all once, and another guy who was climbing a tree to photograph a nest, lost his balance and let go of the camera (thinking the strap was around his neck, it wasn't) to keep from falling. Camera and lens landed in gadget bag at base of tree breaking camera and lens that he dropped and the camera and lens that "cushioned" the landing. I carry insurance.
    I do carry insurance on my camera and lens. The hole that I planned on taking pictures in on Sunday was iced up. I watched some birds about a half mile away going into another a hole so I headed over there. I had to break ice in a creek and the water was within an inch of the top of my waders. I wanted the sun and wind at my back so I had to cross the flooded timber. The water was waist deep in a few spots and with all the sticks below the surface it made walking treacherous. If I didn't have insurance I sure wouldn't be to excited to walk into some of the areas where I shoot pictures.

I am always amazed to hear that folks who put high dollar photo equipment in precarious positions aren't carrying insurance. Glad to know that you are protected. That breaking ice sounds pretty treacherous. It explains to some extent how you are able to know right where to be to get the shots. I was wondering how you got the ducks to be so close. Once my purpose built site is complete, we will be feeding to bring them the camera, but I suspected that you probably didn't have that option. Down here waterfowl are never concentrated by holes in the ice .
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

As always, GREAT Pics! I love the Wood Ducks! Lets see some more!

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I am always amazed to hear that folks who put high dollar photo equipment in precarious positions aren't carrying insurance. Glad to know that you are protected. That breaking ice sounds pretty treacherous. It explains to some extent how you are able to know right where to be to get the shots. I was wondering how you got the ducks to be so close. Once my purpose built site is complete, we will be feeding to bring them the camera, but I suspected that you probably didn't have that option. Down here waterfowl are never concentrated by holes in the ice .
    I would rather not have the ice if I had a choice. The ice usually makes things more difficult. The open water where the birds congregate is normally in the middle, far from shore. Any marsh is great as long as you can find a way to get past the grass/cattails. I will pull every blade of cattails and little weeds that stick up out of the water. If I fail to take the time to do that, I guarantee every shot will be blurred by a tiny piece of grass.

This bird was a little curious of my camera clicking and swam over to check it out. The Canada was about two feet from my blind and his head was all I could get in the picture. I know it is not the most interesting image since anybody could go to their local park and shoot the same image, but I think it gives you an idea how close the wild birds will get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallard Mugger View Post
    As always, GREAT Pics! I love the Wood Ducks! Lets see some more!
    I will post more as go through them. I enjoy taking the pictures, but I hardly print any of them. At least this way some of them get used.