The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: looks like the senate dropped ar and mag bans from their bill.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    Come on Stan most of us guys I know couldn't name two women from Foxnews however they could rattle off at least 5 male hosts, kind of reminds me of the Man Show with Jimmy and Adam and the girls jumping on a trampoline.
    I loved that show...........
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Originally Posted by mngundog

Sorry for the misspelling and yes the AP and every news organization in this Country has a liberal bias with the exception of Foxnews which is fair and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No, FOX news has a conservative bias, that's why you leftys hate them.

Right leaning, smart, successful with good looking women that shave their legs and armpits, it's just more than a hippie can handle!!!!!!

No need to feel sorrow for misspelling.
    I can't believe what my "auto-correct" comes up with, better imagination than me!!!!
    Thank you for correcting mngundogs incorrect last statement about Fox news being fair and balanced. I almost fell out of my chair laughing. Hannity is as far one way as the side he hates is the other.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

I saw it on Fox, BTW.

Here's a distressing story from Todd Starnes:
    By Todd StarnesNew Jersey police and Dept. of Children and Families officials raided the home of a firearms instructor and demanded to see his guns after he posted a Facebook photo of his 11-year-old son holding a rifle.
    “Someone called family services about the photo,” said Evan Nappen, an attorney representing Shawn Moore. “It led to an incredible, heavy-handed raid on his house. They wanted to see his gun safe, his guns and search his house. They even threatened to take his kids.”
    Moore was not arrested or charged.

A Dept. of Children and Families spokesperson told Fox News they could not confirm or deny an investigation or raid had taken place due to government regulations.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/home-raide...#ixzz2O1XGO3Ez
    It was a photo of the kid in camo, holding his new .22 rifle. The kid had a hunting license & had completed his gun safety course. The raid was ostensibly a child abuse complaint! that resulted from the photo being seen by someone on Facebook who reported him to the agency. But when they showed up they wanted to inventory his guns, and inspect his gun safe, etc. They had no warrant, so he refused. They have not returned.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Just my thoughts on today's journalists: I am an old-timey journalist, now retired, educated by professors before the days of "talking heads" on today's TV "news" programs. Journalists by their nature tend to be more liberal than the general population. BUT we were taught to handle news on the straight and narrow path--report the NEWS only--who, what, why, when, etc.--and leave the OPINIONS to the editorial pages. I was fairly liberal in college, but became more and more conservative with age and experience. Still middle-of-road today, as I would expect many of us become. I view Fox as far right, MSNBC as far left, and watch little or nothing from either channel anymore. I do believe AP (Associated Press (a cooperative owned by the news organizations who use their services), is about as mainstream as you are going to see today. I do recall their "fact checks" columns during the 2012 election campaigns, calling out the shortcomings/misleading claims of BOTH sides). The main-stream population is being ignored, unfortunately, as the political left and right fight over re-elections. I long for the days when Everett Dirksen and Hubert Humphrey and their compatriats could and did NEGOTIATE issues for the benefit of the COUNTRY, not necessarily their PARTIES.
    Last edited by wayne anderson; 03-19-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne anderson View Post
    Just my thoughts on today's journalists: I am an old-timey journalist, now retired, educated by professors before the days of "talking heads" on today's TV "news" programs. Journalists by their nature tend to be more liberal than the general population. BUT we were taught to handle news on the straight and narrow path--report the NEWS only--who, what, why, when, etc.,--and leave the OPINIONS to the editorial pages. I was fairly liberal in college, became more and more conservative with age and experience. Still middle-of-road today, as I would expect many of us become. I view Fox as right, MSNBC as left, and watch little or nothing from either channels. I do believe AP (Associated Press) is about as mainstream as you are going to see today. I do recall their "fact checks" columns during the 2012 election campaigns, calling out the shortcomings/misleading claims of both sides). The main-stream population is being ignored, unfortunately, as the political left and right fight. I long for the days when Everett Dirksen and Hubert Humphrey and their compatriats could and did NEGOTIATE issues for the benefit of the COUNTRY, not necessarily their PARTIES.
    Keep making sense around here and they'll try to run you off!!