The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: The Obama corruption continues.

Default The Obama corruption continues.

Now it's coming from the Dept of Labor...another handout to Obama's favorite constituancy...the unions. This regime can always count on the gullible tax payer, especially since so few of his voters pay any of those taxes.

UB

Shocker: Department Of Labor Gives Twinkie-Killing Union Workers A Bailout

Written By:
    Rob Port

When the ponderously-named Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union went on strike they made national headlines for potentially killing off Twinkies. Of course, the unions hotly denied that it was their unreasonable demands and strike when those demands weren’t met that killed Twinkies.

Now, by way of granting the union workers a big, fat bailout (this is the same union, by the way, that just won unemployment benefits from the North Dakota Supreme Court) the Department of Labor is claiming that it was foreign competitors which did the company in.

Officials at the U.S. Department of Labor claim it wasn’t the decision of the Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union to go on strike that finally brought about the Twinkie’s demise, but rather the increased import and sale of products from Hostess’ foreign competitors.
    Wait, what?

As a result of the DOL’s unique interpretation, more than 18,000 former Hostess employees are eligible for thousands of dollars in extra assistance above and beyond standard unemployment insurance, funded through the department’s Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) program — and your tax dollars.

Do you think maybe Hostess couldn’t compete with its foreign counterparts because they were saddled with an unreasonable union they couldn’t get rid of?

That’s the obvious conclusion. But then, the Obama administration was no doubt looking for an excuse to funnel a little more money to their union allies.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Is this the final decision or is there going to be an appeal. Just dose not seem right. I also thought that employers pay for the unemployment benefits not the average tax payer.

Don't forget now, the last letter in DFL stands for "Labor". LOL
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

It's about time the working class stiff gets a bail out instead of Wall Street, bankers, big business, corporations, and career wellfare recipients. I would rather see my tax dollar go to a " union thug " that lost his job standing up for his rights to a living wage, better conditions or better benefits, than some capitalist sitting in his ivory tower trying to bust the unions and pass right to work laws to make more profits by driving down the pay scale. " The man who has his millions will want everything he can lay his hands on then raise his voice against the poor devil who wants ten cents more a day! Samuel Gompers ".
    "Feetdown Beatdown Razr's Edge"

Quote Originally Posted by Schmersal View Post
    It's about time the working class stiff gets a bail out instead of Wall Street, bankers, big business, corporations, and career wellfare recipients. I would rather see my tax dollar go to a " union thug " that lost his job standing up for his rights to a living wage, better conditions or better benefits, than some capitalist sitting in his ivory tower trying to bust the unions and pass right to work laws to make more profits by driving down the pay scale. " The man who has his millions will want everything he can lay his hands on then raise his voice against the poor devil who wants ten cents more a day! Samuel Gompers ".
    We would have to have Capitalism to have Capitalist. Our system, run by politicians bought and paid for by special interest is one of Crony Capitalism. Where our current politicians serve them, not the people. So, they would be Cronies
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Hostess asked Their employees to take a 30% pay cut to save the company, which they agreed to. Hostess then trippeled its CEOs pay from 750,000 to 2,500,000. They also doubled the pay of the top 9 executives. The company then went back to its employees and asked for another consestion of 20% pay reduction. They refused. The company was going backrupt anyways because they had a debt that was equal or greater than the value of the company. Some of that debt was to pensions and union obligations, but only part of it. The company was poorly run and doomed to failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmersal View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb on this one. You are a member of a union. Not sure how I came to that conclusion but I think I may be right.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Down East Labs 217 View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb on this one. You are a member of a union. Not sure how I came to that conclusion but I think I may be right.

Richard
    I will take it one step further, he is probably not a banker, CEO, or military contractor.

Quote Originally Posted by mngundog View Post
    I will take it one step further, he is probably not a banker, CEO, or military contractor.
    You left out politician.

Just tryin' to help!
    Stan b & Elvis