The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Land and Water Blind Videos

Quote Originally Posted by smok'in gun View Post
    I thought she did great Duck Blind, good luck luck at the Senior test.

Jeff Warren

X2

Definitely better than most senior blinds I've seen in actual hunt tests.
    Howard Niemi

You really gotta be careful about how high a pedestal you put your method, your accomplishments, your dog on. There's usually someone who's done more, somewhere. And they may have used a different method than you did! Chris Atkinson 2013

get your dog out and TRAIN! caryalsobrook 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    You may want to reevaluate your understanding of wind and scent.
    I don't believe any of us fully understand dogs scenting skills, but when running blinds you want to put them where the wind will help them have success
    MJH, I probably need to reevaluate everything I do irt dog training My point was that she was so close to the bird when I sat her down, I didn't understand why she didn't smell the bird. I understand completely what you are saying. Thanks.
    Brian Caudle
    Marriner's Lady Piper of Coratank "Piper" JH

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Blind View Post
    MJH, I probably need to reevaluate everything I do irt dog training My point was that she was so close to the bird when I sat her down, I didn't understand why she didn't smell the bird. I understand completely what you are saying. Thanks.
    I think what he was referring to was your statement that being up wind she should have smelled it. I think he took that as I did that she was up wind of the blind which she would have to be down wind to smell it. But you may have meant that the blind was up wind of her I'm not sure by the way it was stated. Also being as it was a bumper there's not as much scent and sometimes the wind can swirl and make it seem to the dog the scent is coming from a different direction. Also looking at the video again I notice when you sent her she went exactly the way her spine was lined up. Even if they are looking one way they normally go the way their spine is lined up.I think she's a nice dog and she looks like she should be able to run a senior blind with out much of a problem.
    Last edited by Scott Parker; 03-20-2013 at 06:19 PM.
    HRCH Dallys Wild Willow SH Born 11-06-97 Left Us 1-30-12 will always be in my thoughts RIP Willow