The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Benjamin Carson's speech at CPAC

Default Benjamin Carson's speech at CPAC

I strongly encourage everyone who sees this to view his speech!

The link is below. Thank Gerry Clinchy for the link and sharing with us.

http://www.therightscoop.com/full-sp...-at-cpac-2013/
    Last edited by Chuck Ward; 03-19-2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: correct link

I just ordered his book "America The Beautiful" from Amazon. Cost around $12 or $13 with the shipping.

Amazon also has "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story", and Carson's other book, "Think Big".

I read somewhere that Carson also does not believe in gun ownership ... but I could live with that with Carson since he appears to be very logical.

I think some interviewer could/should raise this question for clarification. If that point is exploited by the mainstream media, it could become a sticking point for a lot of conservatives. But, if Carson is a man of logic & finding solutions, he could see that gun laws have not provided the solution to deter gun violence.

OTOH, Chris Christie also favors stronger gun control laws
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Heres what he said about it. Not the best answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2PVv-VnXD4
    Bill Davis

Nor the worst ... I focus on how he started his response: to find out what each side is afraid of. Obviously, the gun control people, who are being logical, rather than just ideological, are afraid of crazy people & bad guys getting their hands on weapons. Those who want to own guns are afraid of the govt over-reaching their boundaries (the drone business doesn't make them feel safer either); and self-defense, only bad guys having guns. Very simplistic, but maybe really covers the "big picture".

If you start from his basic response, logic should lead one to appropriate answers. Of course, we are so used to responses that are ideological, that Carson's logical approach is not what we're used to hearing.

So far, both sides "assume" that hunting is a legitimate use of guns, but we know there are a lot of animal rights activists who think hunting is wrong as well.

Thanks for posting, Bill.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I get that he's a thinker. But when he starts thinking about where I live may infringe on my right to own a legal weapon... He needs to read the constitution and the 2nd amendment a little bit closer.

I like him. But, it's not up for debate when it comes to a right.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I just ordered his book "America The Beautiful" from Amazon. Cost around $12 or $13 with the shipping.

Amazon also has "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story", and Carson's other book, "Think Big".

I read somewhere that Carson also does not believe in gun ownership ... but I could live with that with Carson since he appears to be very logical.

I think some interviewer could/should raise this question for clarification. If that point is exploited by the mainstream media, it could become a sticking point for a lot of conservatives. But, if Carson is a man of logic & finding solutions, he could see that gun laws have not provided the solution to deter gun violence.

OTOH, Chris Christie also favors stronger gun control laws
    Ben Carson may be a conscientious objector. I don't know what his beliefs are but some who belong to the same religious group are. Of course you may have someone from the same group who is a decorated ( combat ) war hero.
    I bought Ben Carsons book about his life for the grandchildren ( and another child or two for Christmas gifts) a few years back but my memory being what it is I don't remember what it said. I bought more than one of the books but I don't remember what happened to my copy ( that I kept ).
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~