The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Colorado!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Stan and I have been planning an early season ARCHERY elk hunt for two years, but in light of the current change in Colorado's 2A legislation ,WE (will confer with Stan) will more than likely look for an alternative plan and hunt...the location of the hunt was not what was most important, the fact that we were going to hunt together was/is most important..We still have a North Dakota waterfowl/pheasant hunt on my friend's farm still on the table....I do think that Colorado will see the fallout from this legislation in the form of lower numbers of OOS hunters and sportsmen...I do not expect the Colorado FT circuit to be affected, because many including members here on the RTF are loyal to the clubs/venues and travel there regularly from out of state
    Bon, you would be crazy to pass up that hunt with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Gooser, next they will pass a law to come in your house to inventory your collection.
    They better come prepared cause they will NOT be allowed in my house if I can help it!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

What they did through this legislation was take certain Guns off the shelf in Colorado, because they are now illegal to sell here.

My Springfield Armory XDM (4.5 barrel)

ONLY comes with a 19 round Magazine.. Its the Only way it is manufactured NOTICE XDM NOT XD..

So, that gun cant be sold in Colorado...after July 1 ..

What horse shit.

I am sure that there are other brands, and models that the law effects also..
    When it comes right down to it, it really isnt about the magazine,, it bans the sale of the gun...

So, If I go out of state after July first, and want to purchase a Springfield XDM in 9 mm , when I fill out the paperwork, and they see I reside in Colorado,, will the sale be stopped???
    Gooser
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    What they did through this legislation was take certain Guns off the shelf in Colorado, because they are now illegal to sell here.

ONLY comes with a 19 round Magazine.. Its the Only way it is manufactured NOTICE XDM NOT XD..

What horse shit.

When it comes right down to it, it really isnt about the magazine,, it bans the sale of the gun...

So, If I go out of state after July first, and want to purchase a Springfield XDM in 9 mm , when I fill out the paperwork, and they see I reside in Colorado,, will the sale be stopped???
    Gooser
    Gooser, you may be limited on what firearms you can legally own and purchase, but look at the upside!!!

You can legally by some weed and party on!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

What horse shit.

Gooser

Welcome to Massachusetts! We have had nonsensical gun laws like this since 1998 and they are now conspiring even more onerous ones.

gooser and lainee,

stretch the canvas tight on the conestoga. if you can make it to eastern kansas, oak will be plentiful for spoke repairs. head east my friends, "bama or bust" flags flying when you pull out.

me and sherry got the extra bedrooms cleaned out(with his wardrobe, gooser gets the one with the walk-in closet). the kennel has runs unoccupied. i just picked up two new pieces of training property. get this gooser, my father-in-law just bought a small local lumber operation with a boiler and kiln that has a 40,000 board feet/day capacity. the plant is on 30 acres with 23 acres of it prime training land(no water). but we got water close by. if you move now i can have your new homes on the lake ready by the july 4th fireworks display.

i have my local economic development officer recuiting the "firearms accessory manufacturer" that is relocating from colorado too! so you may have some home folks around!

btw, if y'all want to bring ms. loveland too, i have a perfect farm picked out for her.

see you soon!

jmc
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    They better come prepared cause they will NOT be allowed in my house if I can help it!
    This all SOUNDS GOOD,, But really Lainee what Ya gonna do??

Wiil I brandish a weapon, and get myself shot???

I dont really know!!!

Its a situation NONE of us here in the united states should have to even contemplate!!!!

I HOPE all you lefty gun owners in Coloardo have been woke up!!
    Its not going to be up to guys like me to fixthis shit!! I dont vote for the Jackasses that passed this stuff..
    The LEFT did this!!!! I hope come Mid-term,, ALLL the people responsible for this crap get thrown out on their ears..
    I PERSONALLY believe they deserve prosectution for not following their oath of office defending and upholding the consttution..

I remember being a young man, seeing huge multi car pile ups on California highways, and the oppressive gun legislation that silly state passes,and the Gang related gun crimes that happen there,, and all the while asking myself, why the hell do those folks live there?

Well now,, they have all come here (along with like minded peoplefrom other states,),, and I live under that same screwed up mentality..

Remember,,, This past election, gun debate was pretty much off the table. The discussions were about the looming fiscal cliff,, our state budget on the verge of collaps,

Then the Theater shooting,, then sandy Hook,, and all the talks changed to gun control.
    We have gone over the end of the world fiscal cliff,,, we have witnessed the sequester... NONE OF IT EFFECTED ME VERY MUCH,,, Yet,, the one issue that was off the table during the election debates,, has taken center stage..

Our Govenor is a turn coat without a spine.... He should be thrown out on his rar in my opinion. He stated after the theater shooting, tha adding more guns laws would NOT solve a thing... His arm was taken up his back by his fellow lefties,, and now shows his spineless beliefs.. He changed HIS VALUES, to follow party dogma.
    He is a creep!!!

Wheres my Blood pressure meds?
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.

Wheres my Blood pressure meds?
    Right next to the "LEGAL" bong!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

All this stuff really doesnt matter much in reality..

Let say no legislation was passed...

At present time...

I CANNOT find 9mm AMMO anywhere Its all out of stock.. Cheaper than dirt, bulk ammo, everywher.

I decided to buy cast bullets and reload... 2000 cast bullets will take 13 weeks to be delivered to me because of high demand right now.
    I waited a month to get 2000 once fired brass cases.
    My 9mm dies have been on back order for 3 months.....

I contacted most all the die manufactures, and they all tell you the same thing... at LEAsT a 9 week wait.

Whos resposible for the panic situation right now??? HUUUUUUUM????

So,,, If you can legally buy the gun,,, You guys in other states,,, What Ya gonna shoot out of it??
    And you can brag on your stash, ( igot mine to) but aRE YOU WILLING TO GO OUT AND BURN IT UP?,thinking things will calm down???

I have been told by manufacturers it will be Late Fall before things MAY return to normalcy..

I doubt it will EVER be the way we were use to having it be..

Gooser

I heard this morning the new "Super Soaker" 400 water cannons magazine is going to be banned because it holds 2 1/2 gallons !!!!!!

Gooser - When I say prepared, they better have their facts straight....and I have no idea exactly what I'll do until that time comes, hopefully it never does. I do know I won't just roll over and piss all over myself like a submissive sheep!
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot