The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Colorado!

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Gooser - When I say prepared, they better have their facts straight....and I have no idea exactly what I'll do until that time comes, hopefully it never does. I do know I won't just roll over and piss all over myself like a submissive sheep!
    Lainee
    but , what will you do?

Its to late by that point in time.

Its time to educate the public about third perceived attitude that Government and legislation is the answer. Government is The problem.

The Constitution covers all this mess quite simply by stating that all men are created equal, and we ALL have the right to the pursuit of life, liberty , and the pursuit of happiness.

So when a kook, decides he is supreme entity over another man, and decides to take away his victims Right to life, by law( our constitution) we have the responsibility to prosecute that person for taking that life. PROMPTLY.

Lets say at the theater shooting , someone in the theater was armed, and could have made the decision he could take the shooter out, thus ending the crime,and saving lives.He the armed citizen, would have served as judge, jury, and executioner in that very short period of time. If he was successful, he prolly would have been called a hero.

But,That didn't happen, instead our justice system has him along with prosecutors and legal system, that at present time I call all of them many names, but not one of the names is heroic.

We need to change everything. In my opinion it's that DEMO CRATIC party that needs to change..
    No one in their right minds that beloved in the constitution, liberty , or representation should EEVer vote for a DEM again
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"

Quote Originally Posted by MooseGooser View Post
    No one in their right minds that beloved in the constitution, liberty , or representation should EEVer vote for a DEM again
    But they give us free stuff!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Gooser - When I say prepared, they better have their facts straight....and I have no idea exactly what I'll do until that time comes, hopefully it never does. I do know I won't just roll over and piss all over myself like a submissive sheep!

Lainee, I'd be curious what you think of the letter I posted in this thread: UB

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ress-yesterday
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Gooser, let me know what grain and mfg you would like in 9mm. I can get what you need and ship if you can recieve in the Peoples Republic of Colorado.
    Just Win

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Stan and I have been planning an early season ARCHERY elk hunt for two years, but in light of the current change in Colorado's 2A legislation ,WE (will confer with Stan) will more than likely look for an alternative plan and hunt...the location of the hunt was not what was most important, the fact that we were going to hunt together was/is most important..We still have a North Dakota waterfowl/pheasant hunt on my friend's farm still on the table....I do think that Colorado will see the fallout from this legislation in the form of lower numbers of OOS hunters and sportsmen...I do not expect the Colorado FT circuit to be affected, because many including members here on the RTF are loyal to the clubs/venues and travel there regularly from out of state
    Why would you feel this way Bon? One can still go to Colorado and hunt, correct? By not taking your tourism dollars to Colorado who are you hurting the most? Surely not the government, it would be the mom and pop cafes, bottle shops and hotels.

I understand this is your opinion unfortunately I don't understand it.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    Welcome to Massachusetts! We have had nonsensical gun laws like this since 1998 and they are now conspiring even more onerous ones.
    And to think you had a Republican as your govenor when that happened. Can you believe that? WOW, I certainly can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Why would you feel this way Bon? One can still go to Colorado and hunt, correct? By not taking your tourism dollars to Colorado who are you hurting the most? Surely not the government, it would be the mom and pop cafes, bottle shops and hotels.

I understand this is your opinion unfortunately I don't understand it.
    I have family in Colorado, I will always go to Colorado...I would never put my hunting partner in a position of making them decide if their hard earned dollars were going to support that state's coffers....after all an OOS elk tag in Colorado is upwards of $575,and last I checked that is the government..my brother's and I have also applied for bear tags in hopes of helping alleviate the rising bear population on my brother's property in Durango

Like I stated, I will confer with Stan and see what his feelings are on the subject, whether we hunt elk in Colorado or geese/pheasant in NoDak, we plan on hunting this fall, as long as the finances and time off allows
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I have family in Colorado, I will always go to Colorado...I would never put my hunting partner in a position of making them decide if their hard earned dollars were going to support that state's coffers....after all an OOS elk tag in Colorado is upwards of $575,and last I checked that is the government..my brother's and I have also applied for bear tags in hopes of helping alleviate the rising bear population on my brother's property in Durango

Like I stated, I will confer with Stan and see what his feelings are on the subject, whether we hunt elk in Colorado or geese/pheasant in NoDak, we plan on hunting this fall, as long as the finances and time off allows
    But Bon, that 575 is an itty bitty pin prick to the state. You will spend a lot more than that while you & Stan are there and that money will not go to the government, a little bit of tax yes I know but again more money will go to mom & pop.

I tried really hard to think of money I have spent in small communities when I go hunting.
    I am prepared well in advance, and my stuff I need is purchased long before I travel. My hunts are far from any town. I don't spend money in Motels,I camp where the game is.
    so, other than gas, and a sleeve or two of doughnuts, I can't think of money I spend in the mom and pop places.I really can't think of when the last time I was in one on a hunting trip. I hunt, don't shop.
    It is far easier to spit on the work of others than it is to produce something better yourself.
    Brynmoors Prairie Sage JH ​(Sage) Just a dang fool huntin Dawg
    HRCH Calypso Seven Bales High SH (Bailey)
    HR Calypso Zoomin Loosies Mad Hader (Maddi) We loved you baby. R.I.P.
    FlatLanders Broken Pistol Ricochet SH (Flinch)

My Christian Name is Michael Baker..
    I have gone by "Gooser" since I was a "gossling"